NFL Lockout super lame thread

Lesbian Fisting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'll never understand the bitter ass attitude that professional athletes should be paid what all these other people are.

Teachers? I have 10-20 friends that are teachers. Nurses? Three of my cousins are nurses, and my sister is on her way to becoming one. City worker? My mom. Postal worker? My dad. Guess what, those jobs are all important and I'm not knocking them in any way, but pretty much anyone can do them.

Being able to play in the NFL (or any other pro sports league) is an incredible talent that very, VERY few people have, and the amount of money that their talents generate is fucking ungodly. So yeah, they do deserve to be paid alot more than those other people

i hope there IS a lock out ....

so that the bureaucratic right wing NFL stock holders will have to think about what the players union laws are. I mean if an over paid quarterback is getting the 5% tax increase paid to the wealthy owners then the ticket sales factor vs. the fluxation of income will def. be affected. After all these stadiums are producing enough jobs to account for player and owner expenditures. the polices in place now are overturning the ideas and ethics of salary caps for owners ...this is not the players unions fault

i hope there IS a lock out ....

so that the bureaucratic right wing NFL stock holders will have to think about what the players union laws are. I mean if an over paid quarterback is getting the 5% tax increase paid to the wealthy owners then the ticket sales factor vs. the fluxation of income will def. be affected. After all these stadiums are producing enough jobs to account for player and owner expenditures. the polices in place now are overturning the ideas and ethics of salary caps for owners ...this is not the players unions fault

^WUUUUUT???

problem is, the jobs those stadiums provide are chump change compared to what the organization itself, and all it's employees are making., which is far far more than the average stadium worker or parking lot attendant. these people might deserve more than minimum wage, for example.

i mean, the fucking cheerleaders do not get paid (and i'm not saying they should, i'm saying these teams know how to make money, and how to keep it. they are so greedy they can't figure out how to divide it between the super rich and the extremely rich.)

i often wonder too, who foots the bill for all the extra public buses, police security etc that comes with this shit. methinks it's the city that hosts the shit, not the owners. i highly doubt the football team/organization is footing the bill for the 'extras' like directing traffic and using city resources. it's been many times that the city pays for thei stadium too! the team doesn't even have to pay all that fuckin money back.

o so rich, only wanting to be richer.

I'll never understand the bitter ass attitude that professional athletes should be paid what all these other people are.

Teachers? I have 10-20 friends that are teachers. Nurses? Three of my cousins are nurses, and my sister is on her way to becoming one. City worker? My mom. Postal worker? My dad. Guess what, those jobs are all important and I'm not knocking them in any way, but pretty much anyone can do them.

Being able to play in the NFL (or any other pro sports league) is an incredible talent that very, VERY few people have, and the amount of money that their talents generate is fucking ungodly. So yeah, they do deserve to be paid alot more than those other people

No doubt it is an incredible talent and very rare, I played high school football and was very good, could of played college if I didnt get side tracked by weed and graffiti, I know the dedication it takes to make it to the highest level. But also is it idolized so much by us as a culture because our priorities are backwards, and we need sports and entertainment to distract us from real problems, and simply to cope? The jobs you say "pretty much anyone could do" are they more or less essential for our country to function then football? Then what should be compensated more? I would be really bummed if their was a lockout and I couldnt veg out on sundays and watch games, but as a lifelong sports fan, I think I and all of us need a shift in conciousness to what is really important. I would be much more sympathetic to players if they actually stood up for things.. real world issues. Very rarely do any of these millionaires with so much money and influence do anything to make a difference. They may give some money to organizations or the neighborhood they came from, but where are the voices of courage, do any of them have a alternative opinion? Or are they so sheltered like most millionaires from real people's issues. Just some questions. I know this is all over the place, but I think we are at a age in time when people need to start thinking differently and acting fast, sacrifices by people with the most in my opinion is crucial.

• Like 1

i read about this today and decided that team owners have their own place in hell:

Seven years ago, former Los Angeles Clippers head coach Kim Hughes was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and the ensuing aftermath will change the way you feel about several NBA types significantly.

..until Tuesday afternoon, when Howard Beck brought this column to Trey Kerby's attention, and he brought it to our attention. And now we're passing the feel-good savings on to you, in the form of an anecdote that reveals that NBA players Corey Maggette, Marko Jaric, Chris Kaman) and Elton Brand all chipped in to pay for expensive life-saving surgery for Hughes, after the Clippers organization (read: Donald Sterling, noted worst person in the world) declined to cover the costs.

Declined to cover the cost of a surgery that would save their employee's life. While playing rent-free in an often sold-out arena in America's second-biggest television market. Unyieldingly evil.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Players-chip-in-to-save-coach-8217-s-life-after?urn=nba-wp184

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP COMPLIMENTS OF ADIDAS

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!

Our advertising partners help make 12oz possible, so please show them some love and check out their goods and services regardless of contests and incentives.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday March 18, 2011 at 6pm EST.

Contest Rules:

1. Click on any Adidas advertisement you see throughout 12ozProphet.

2. Once on the Adidas Facebook site, hunt around for the share button, publish the link to your wall. Take a screen grab of the posted link on your wall and win TWO FREE WEEKS OF VIP!

3. PM all the screen grabs to us by deadline!

Bonus:

Click on any two other advertisements and take a screen grab of any page within the advertisers site and send the two bonus screen grabs along with the Adidas screen grabs and win TWO EXTRA FREE WEEKS OF VIP! Note: Each screen grab from the bonus batch must be from a separate ad campaigns and cannot be a 12ozProphet ad or from the same advertiser as the first two screen grabs!

Thats a full month of VIP for submitting 4 screen grabs proving you took the time to visit our advertiser's site and check out their offerings. Plus you're helping 12ozProphet by showing our advertisers love and support which goes a long way towards making them want to advertise on 12ozProphet again.

Remember: Send us your screen grab via Private message. We will update member accounts once a day, so please be patient and we'll hook it up. Make sure you submit correctly because we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong. Limit: 1 completed submission per member per contest.

And again… Please show our advertisers love and check out what they have to offer. It only takes a few minutes to check out their goods and in return their support helps maintain 12ozProphet and keep it growing.

This contest will run all week. All submissions must be received by Friday March 18, 2011 at 6pm EST.

WIN A FREE MONTH OF 12ozPROPHET - DIRTY DOZEN - VIP