Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
screaming hand logo

Tsunami Slams Northern Japan After Massive 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Coast Rea

Re: Tsunami Slams Northern Japan After Massive 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Coast

west coasters should expect a 3ft rise in waves.

sorry guys, i was nice knowing you all :(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Tsunami Slams Northern Japan After Massive 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Coast

I put in history in all caps so all the retards would realize this is a major world event. Of course there were bigger earthquakes in the entire 4.5 billion year history of the Earth. Fuck.

Anyway, here's a wall of debris:

s9OCC.jpg

dc_bz2.JPG

its godzirrraaaaaaaa

Dam a lot of members here.

Tsunami warning just right now on the news. Monterey,Santa Cruz,Santa Clara,and San Francisco countys.. I don't know if they said other ones.

so its true?

I just got a text fwd about the tsunami supposed to hit at 7:30 in the a.m.

patrick-swayze-gen-x-1.jpg

Cut me loose bra!

Meh. NW to more western facing shores on a few of the islands might be in slight danger. But there's a lot of swell shadow going on. And it's a huge fetch from Sendai to Cali. Seeing any effects this far away is very unlikely. Especially in Monterey Bay, although if I lived in Moss Landing particularly, I may be heading up the 1 to crash in a hotel or something. Even then I'd feel overly paranoid. Humboldt/Crescent City is much more likely to get it.

Bathymetry and wave dynamics, how do they work? Most of these weathermen and news casters hyping a tsunami event don't know. It's pretty obvious.

• Like 1

well im off to bed, be safe everyone

Tav. I'm in the east bay so that shits not getting me.regardless unless it crashes over San mateo. I can see some light flooding in certain areas but I really don't think we hhave to worry

i live about a half mile from the pacific ocean, trying to decide if i need to

bounce inland or go to sleep and let come what may.

I hope I don't drown in my sleep tonight.

Come to Hayward. I'm drankin!!!!

:D tsunami party time!

nah but they just said that the waves expected to hit taiwan were minimal, so i'm thinking we're all good this far away.

Pics or it didn't happen....

Jk. But seriously pics?

There was no time to take pics, I grabbed my dog and bolted outside onto the clear road where a bunch of people were freaking, including myself. Last thing on my mind was to take pics, I'm still on edge and I feel for the oontz people with tsunami warnings.

/ I live in Yokohama, just outside of Tokyo.

• Like 1

:D tsunami party time!

nah but they just said that the waves expected to hit taiwan were minimal, so i'm thinking we're all good this far away.

Swear the warning came on TV and I poured myself a tumbler of 100 proof rum...

100 proof aye? sailor jerry? what rum is a hundo?

I wouldn't worry. Unless you're literally camping on the beach. I mean honestly it's better to be safe than sorry...

But the California coastline is for the most part, at least several meters above sea level right off the tide line. A three foot surge is nothing and we deal with things like these all winter long. Nobody notices, except those cliff dwellers in Pacifica.

Coastal ridge ftw

i'm close enough for it to be somewhat worrisome, but i'm not really trippin, i think i'm high enough up

but my homie that lives across the street from the ocean down in monterey said he's getting a hotel.