OS Gemeos painting sells for $143,500

Decyferon

so does this mean everyone will start hating on them now?

Personally I think their stuff is really fucking dope and props to them if that money is going into their pocket and not into someone that has been clinging onto the painting and just makes some money off them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Awesome for them!

And, Croc, any reason behind suggesting a Dondi piece wouldn't fetch that much? I would assume something by him would go for insane amounts of cash.

How much does an abstract Futura canvas go for? I would imagine at least $30,000. I guess it's not that much. Anyway, I'm assuming everything here.

Fucking sell out artfags...

love checking in on their blog every so often.

like their stuff, especially their larger pieces /nh

good for them.

Well I was thinking more along the lines from a graffiti standpoint dondi being analogous to like a van gogh or warhol, untimely death little eccentric etc. Well maybe not warhol but, the art world sometimes traces origins like the beginnings of surrealism or impressionism to find value, so I used that formula. Then again some rich fag just likes something and has to have it and drops whatever he wants just because. But fetching a nice price like 140k sets a good precedent. Does dondi work go for that much? I haven't heard.

so does this mean everyone will start hating on them now?

Personally I think their stuff is really fucking dope and props to them if that money is going into their pocket and not into someone that has been clinging onto the painting and just makes some money off them.

luls,what? that doesnt make much sense for people to hate on them because they are getting paid.if anything we should be happy that someone in the graff world is making decent money,considering the majority of us are probably scummy fucks who are flat broke...

its not even an issue of them selling out,they have put in work since like what? the eigthies? dudes have more than paid their dues and deserve to make their money.

hopefully they will keep putting up work in the streets though..and not just do canvas work..

get that paper yall.

luls,what? that doesnt make much sense for people to hate on them because they are getting paid.if anything we should be happy that someone in the graff world is making decent money,considering the majority of us are probably scummy fucks who are flat broke...

its not even an issue of them selling out,they have put in work since like what? the eigthies? dudes have more than paid their dues and deserve to make their money.

hopefully they will keep putting up work in the streets though..and not just do canvas work..

get that paper yall.

I agree fully but some idiots just start hating as soon as someone makes some cash, I don't hate anyone for that.