Smart phones used to track writers in LA

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new system installed in the projects is called....no, I can't do it.

Ok, I can. North American Ghetto Recon Surveillance

"People who annoy you."

And, the future of graffiti is that scene in Judge Dredd where the robot comes out of the ground and sprays a piece and then lasers buff it a second later.

• Like 1

They been doing that here since the 1970s... obviously sans "smart" phones.

I thought this was going to have something to do with gps tracking via cell phone signals and and you being pinpointed at the scene of the vandalization.

Now THAT would have freaked me out.

As far as I know VS in certain cities has the option to track cell phone signals, and have in graffiti cases...generally speaking though that tends to apply to higher profile shit, i.e. American transit, etc.

No idea about Europe, but I'd imagine they can and do.

I thought this was going to have something to do with gps tracking via cell phone signals and and you being pinpointed at the scene of the vandalization.

Now THAT would have freaked me out.

this.

and

As far as I know VS in certain cities has the option to track cell phone signals, and have in graffiti cases...

WHAT?!

Peep this:

Las Vegas has extended this concept to civilian cell phone hero's now.

Download their graffiti app (iphone and droid), take a geotagged photo.

The photo goes straight to their database then two things happen.

Buff squad comes to buff automatically and the VS has the photo stored.

Last time I watched the news talk about this, only a few areas had this.

for instance, we have North Las Vegas, the City of Las Vegas, Henderson, and then County..which is everything else kinda

I believe only the City, and Henderson have this option. this is where the money resides in Vegas.

No one really cares about the Northside..unfortunately. there is no money there, and definitely no money to have this system available.

like I said, this is the last I have heard, I could be wrong, though.

I know one thing, the buff has been incredibly fast in the last few months. Ive seen

stuff run for no more than 5 hrs recently..but a 24 hr buff is pretty common

I think I posted something about that in the boredom project thread.

There is also a wild technique that is being used these days using satellites

(this sounds so absurd) to identify people via their gate and even shadow.

Tie this in with street cameras, smart phones, geolocation, etc. and it's

fucking insane.

Here's a howto

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-make-infrared-mask-hide-your-face-from-cameras-201280/

China is developing smart pads that can identify a person by the gait of their walk, foot size, weight, etc.

Some fairly obvious ways of defeating this, of course.

China is developing smart pads that can identify a person by the gait of their walk, foot size, weight, etc.

Some fairly obvious ways of defeating this, of course.

I read the other day that China is up and coming in their technological innovations.

Too bad that it all breaks after a week.

this wouldnt work in boston dudes change names like nobodys business around here. anyway heads forget the simple fact that its extremely hard to prove you did something without being caught red handed.

keep your mouth shut

claim bite

deny

???????

probation

though i agree with your sentiments about keeping your mouth shut and NEVER speak without a lawyer

this HAS been used to take down writers in boston for a fact. that and a GPS in a rental car. if you can afford a GOOD lawyer all this is circumstantial evidence but it holds water none the less... in most cases writers cant afford 10-20k on a GOOD lawer so this type of thing WILL convict most. also once you are suspected of a crime they can and will go into your phone records and use your signal or gps on your blackberry or iphone and use all that info to prove you were in the yard or area of said transit hit...

im not sure at all how this LA article is anything new and relates to them using much iller tactics like the ones i just mentioned but i figured i would post cuz im on a plane for another 4hrs...

Or just don't take it with you...if you get hemmed up the cops will turn it on and look through it, which can open up all sorts of other fun avenues depending on what type of shit is stored...

Granted, not having your phone can cause issues if you run into trouble, but if you're that paranoid about being tracked in the first place you may as well leave it.

Or just don't take it with you...if you get hemmed up the cops will turn it on and look through it, which can open up all sorts of other fun avenues depending on what type of shit is stored...

Granted, not having your phone can cause issues if you run into trouble, but if you're that paranoid about being tracked in the first place you may as well leave it.

Best solution is to have your first pic a black image with "no pictures found" or whatever your phone says when no pics are there.

Also, remove the battery. That way GPS is off. Unless you have a smartphone that you can't take the battery out of...that sucks.