Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swordfish meatloaf

sleep paralysis / old hag

i'm really interested in reading about these experiences. i have some very crazy lucid dreams on the regular and have been having them since i was a kid. i've always wanted to keep a journal next to my bed and write down everything i experience, but usually, when i wake up i'm too tired and the task seems like a lot of work.

i was given some advice a few years ago about how to protect myself during these sleep episodes. so, now i create like a glowing orb bubble type thing around myself, which some how is a shield or whatever that gives me powers to manipulate shit while i'm sleeping. sounds odd, but it works.

also, i think if you practice or try to initiate obe's on your own time, you will learn how to control them more when they occur unexpectedly.

http://www.dailygrail.com/Guest-Articles/2011/7/How-Have-OBE

i'd be interested in reading more personal stories from whomever...

i am certain some of you have experienced this phenomena at least once in your lifetime.

i on the otherhand, go through it almost nightly. it is singlehandedly one of the most frightening experiences ive ever had. among these episodes, i have felt crippling fear, asphyxiation, cardiac arrest-like chest pain, and often humans, beings or creatures attacking me.

sometimes i will feel myself float above my body, and my eyes will be open making everything in the room visable, but also accompanied by frightening visions and/or halluncinations. often times i hear chaotic noises such as loud machines, explosions, people talking/screaming in foreign languages. ive tried to kinda "let it roll" like a lot of people recommend (some people are able to achieve lucid dreaming or OBE's this way), but this only makes it more prolonged, frightening and much more difficult to wake myself.

sometimes i am able to snap myself out of it by twitching fingers and sudden body movements/jerks, or by forcing out just enough sound to wake my wife so she can wake me. i find that my sleep paralysis also increases and intensifies with narcotic use. when i was using heroin i would experience it more frequently, but was much more tolerable and less bothersome. after getting my wisdom teeth pulled a week and a half ago, i was taking oxycodone and hydrocodone, as well as methadone occasionally for pain and it made sleeping almost impossible.

how do you deal with it, what behaviors seem to induce it for you and do you have any memorable experiences?

I've had this shit before and was 100% convinced at the time that some demon or some shit was trying to possess my body on some exorcist type shit.

I just mentally fought it off as best I could whenever that happened.

It's only happened maybe a handful of times in my life.

I never heard no foreign languages or explosions or nothing though, I would chalk that up to the drugs that you were apparently on.

actually according to several reports ive read 12pack, SP is often accompanied by auditory hallucinations. most times its a LOUD crunching or something... sometimes like the sound of crumbling celophane. but less often ill hear someone speaking in tongues, or yelling obscenities in arabic directly in my ear which is mega fuckin terrifying.

anyway, im convinced that I will have to deal with this for the rest of my days.. but it presumably becomes more tolerable over time.

still, fascinating stuff. I wish some members would post up some of their experiences in best possible detail. IMO, this would make for a great read/thread.

this used to happen to me all the time. most often when i slept in a new or unfamilar place. sometimes it would be the room that i was sleeping in, others it would be one particular room. i'm glad it doesn't happen anymore for whatever reason cus that shit is fucking terrifying.

actually according to several reports ive read 12pack, SP is often accompanied by auditory hallucinations. most times its a LOUD crunching or something...

Well whenever it happened to me I just felt literally paralyzed and couldn't even breath like some ghost or some shit was smothering me or trying to take over my body or some shit.

I didn't hear any wild noises, infact it might have even been dead silence.

That shit alone was terrifying enough, I could only imagine what that shit's like combined with somebody screaming in tongues.

i think this happened to me about a year ago, was working 7 days a week and one morning 'woke up' and there was a shadow looming over the bed in the shape of..whatever the fckin demons name from the exorcist was, i forget..oh yeah, Pazuzu

wasnt really scary, more interesting though. I didnt feel pinned down or anything just was ..there..looking at it, feeling weird.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now