sleep paralysis / old hag

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sleeping on my back one night a couple years ago and woke up to wifey giving me dome.

Naturally I was stoked and prepared myself to pound guts in a minute but a miraculous thing happened.

I didn't move, moan, or grab the hair on the back of her head, I just laid there and she finished me all the way off.

Normally she'd step aside as not to catch even an "accidental" ricochet but this time she swallowed the bullet so to speak.

I was surprised because she's the type to never do anything without expecting something in return but she just laid at my side happy that I was happy.

The whole time I didn't move as though I was paralyzed, never making a sound, I was never sure she new I was half awake or semi conscious.

I continued to lay there confident in the fact there wouldn't be a wet spot on the sheets come morning and just went back to sleep.

• Like 1

cool story bro...

anyway i have read about the likelihood of this happening while sleeping on ones back, however i get it from all angles (/nh). i can be sleeping on my stomach, sideways, or lying face to face with my girl and it still happens. i would try to just go along with it and try to transform it into an OBE/lucid dream, but usually the phenomenon is accompanied by some type of pain. chest constriction, or migraine like headache pain, or just the vertigo/motion sickness from floating, traveling warp speed through some kind of cosmo, or being thrust back and forth. i had this one episode once where this eight foot demon creature picked me up by my ribs and was violently shaking me back and forth above his head. my chest/ribmeat was all destroyed and what not, i think i even felt my body when i woke up to make sure i wasnt mutilated by a devil.

last night was cool though. no SP once so ever, maybe this thread is like therapy.

try some of the hippies natural supplements and vitamins. chamomile, passion flower and valerian root all are supposed to help relax the body and aid in getting better sleep. if you got health insurance get blood work done and maybe a cat scan to see what chemical inbalance's your brain might have. holistics nahmee?

I haven't had SP in a while, not too many times since last winter. But it does tend to occur more frequently when I'm dead tired and trying to catch a nap.

I find this shit very interesting, although i feel like I'm on the verge of death nearly every time it occurs.

I had an experience that I rose and was levitating over my own body, which after enforced the whole idea as your body being just a vessel. It's difficult to explain the view to others who haven't had something like this occur, as it was almost a combination of 3rd person and 1st person view simultaneously.

I think that was the only positve experience I've gathered from SP. Similar shit has happened though when this nigga burned me up on some laced. However it felt like my soul was just floating within my body, and never actually transcended.

I try to experiment with SP/Meditation/OOBE's as they are all in some way connected, but some of that shit is od haunting. I can't explain the overwhelming vibration sound (may be electric current passing through the body)... but I think all the visuals of demons and other crazed shit are just manifestations of my subconscious.

Lay still concentrate on your breaths, blank your mind maybe just focus on a sound or try to hear one. You can imagine turning your body back and forth and then if you do it right next thing you know you start floating, and just take it from there. Just dont float to high it gets really intense

you guyz. I just had a vision of the apocolypse in a dream i had last night. it was mainly involving a asteroid shower on earth that completely fucked everything. had real vivid visions of the dead and dying, and the way people act during catastrophic circumstances. it was the most real and involved dream ive had in a long time. i wish i could go into more detail, but im starting to forget it. i guess im writing it dwn so ill at least remember the part where i was hugging someone out side and saw dark clouds roll in. i said "look at those clo--" and as i said that fire rolled out of the clouds and everyone around me started getting hit with asteroids. fuck.

Ive had this happen to me, mostly when I was younger. Back in the late 80s/early 90s there were a lot of TV programs that were about alien abductions and they drew me in and the shit terrified the fuck out of me. At that impressionable age, I watched the shit out of those shows and started to become afraid of abduction. I used to have seizures that would wake me up out of my sleep also at this time, which did not help when you added sleep paralysis to the equation. Occasionally I still get sleep paralysis. Now with being an adult with bills, work, bitch troubles, etc. I SURE WOULDNT FUCKING MIND IF I GOT ABDUCTED AND NEVER BROUGHT BACK.

• 3 weeks later...

damn i had been having some good sleep the last few weeks until last night. i dreamed i was sitting with my girl in a recliner and i sniffed some crystal meth. except the high i felt in my dream was so much different/scary. my heart started beating mega fast and all of a sudden i was slipping into SP within a dream. got the normal chaotic crumbling/machine noises and there was a little girl screaming directly into my ear. these overlapping sleep paralysis episodes are extremely frightening and confusing in the rare occasions i get them because when you come out of them you are still dreaming and sleeping but think you are awake.

anyway the dream continued and i was tweaking my ass off. gave my roommate a sniff and i watched his pupils dilate until his eyes appeared to bug out of his head and he started doing this little dance jig and explained "man everything just sped the fuck up".

weird shit... kewl starry broseph

• 2 months later...

so this shit happened to me....never happened before.

NO FUCKING THANK YOU.

for god knows how long i would try to move my arms and sit up and would feel the movement but saw my arms and body just sitting there.....i would put my hands to my face and actually feel them on my face but visually they just stayed resting on my body....

i would grab my phone to call for help and feel it in my hands but obviously wasnt really grabbing anything.....

i thought i was dead and gone.

black clouds were floating all along the roof the whole time during all this.

i have been having a really really bad time lately in life is it possible it was due to stress?

i can't explain how good it felt when i actually was able to move.

one of the most eerie experiences i have ever had......and i've had tons.......

edit

aaaand bingo

Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position

Increased stress

Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes

A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode.

Excessive consumption of alcohol coupled with lack of adequate sleep

everyone of those apply.....and i never ever sleep on my back.....

also just so happens all my stress lately is due to a pretty deadly woman who decided its best to hate my guts

and by deadly i mean she was pretty fucking amazing....most of the time....

anyway....

"You wake up unable to move, barely able to breathe... you feel an oppressive weight on your chest... and you sense some evil presence in the room... The old hag strikes!"

"The name of the phenomenon comes from the superstitious belief that a witch - or an old hag - sits or "rides" the chest of the victims"

"This nightmare experience is described as being "hag-ridden"

go fucking figure huh......

ive actually been doing well lately, which is strange cause ive been taking a plethora of narcotic medication and opiates always seem to do the trick (or evil)..

although twice in the last month i have had an episode where im laying on my arm, and all the circulation is cutting off the blood flow in my arm, but i cant move, and i start to get really fuckin frightened, like if i cant move or wake up this thing is going to go dead/gangrene the fuck up or whatever. both times i shook or yelped myself awake to that "pins and needles" feeling in my whole arm, but damn if that aint some scary shit.