sleep paralysis / old hag

ive actually been doing well lately, which is strange cause ive been taking a plethora of narcotic medication and opiates always seem to do the trick (or evil)..

although twice in the last month i have had an episode where im laying on my arm, and all the circulation is cutting off the blood flow in my arm, but i cant move, and i start to get really fuckin frightened, like if i cant move or wake up this thing is going to go dead/gangrene the fuck up or whatever. both times i shook or yelped myself awake to that "pins and needles" feeling in my whole arm, but damn if that aint some scary shit.

this shit happens to me all the time. i'll wake up and my arm will be dead asleep and i'll go to move it and either hit myself in the face or knock a bunch of shit off the nightstand because i can only control my shoulder.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and often humans, beings or creatures attacking me.

I think this is the most fucked up part. It hasn't happened in awhile but its happened to me a bunch of times. That first time i freaked the fuck out and thought there was someone in my room trying to fucking kill me. haha. man. and once it felt like a tentacle was wrapping around my leg and up around my body. FUCKED UP. Ive tried to explain it to people and theyve never had it happen so it sounds stupid to them i guess when you say some shit about a fucking phantom tentacle trying to crush you. but... fuck it. Lucky them!

I noticed someone up there said some shit about sleeping on your back..its happened when i was on my side on my stomach on my back. so i dunno about that.

One OG Cambodian said it happens to him all the time. Over the years he learned to control it and can now basically lucid dream at will. He said to me "You ever get stuck like that again, just wiggle your toes!" I took it as good advice.

that isn't that hard if you know how too meditate.

i used too get the hag when i was a kid, just a shadow figure at the foot of my bed and me being totally unable too move and being cold and terrified. my grandmother told me that whenever i would get them too try and remember it was just a dream and it would work its self out. i would repeat this too myself before going too bed every night during the time i was having these episodes. sure enough after about the third night after she told me this i was actually able too start manipulating my bad dreams, and it didn't take long for me too tell the figure in my dream too fuck off. mom told me that one morning i woke both her and dad up by yelling "fuck right off" one night in my sleep haha.

but since i figured out i can manipulate my dreams i actually get a terrible nights sleep when i do dream, so i try and smoke a grip of weed before bed all the time so i don't dream at all haha.

falling dreams are my favourite now that i can keep them going longer, when ever i get them i try and keep myself in the dream as long as possible. i remember one night one turned into an incredibly detailed out of body experience and flying around my room, out my window and all the way around my town. thats only happened the one time i can remember it though, which sucks because i remember waking up really really depressed that i couldn't do it in real life haha.

• Like 1

i fall asleep on my arm and wake up to it being useless all the time.. i usually just hold it straight in the air until it comes back to life.. imagine waking up like that and someones in your room about to slice your shit up.. one time it happened to both my arms, which was shitty, i was hardly able to sit up until they came back.

ive had it where i wake up and my girl says i was staring at her for like five minutes mumbling. she said it was one of the creepiest things shes ever seen. there has to be some underlying fucked up space alien/ghostly spirit shit behind this.

theres demons inside all of you.

the-exorcist.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

bumped..

after months and months of letting this frighten me to near heart attack, I have learned over time to manipulate my experiences half of the time.

at some point a few months ago, I stopped fighting it to see where it might take me, based on the knowledge

that other more experienced sleep paralysis sufferers (for lack of a better word), have used it as a catalyst to O.B.E's, astral projection and deep meditation.

at first this was x10 more mortifying than its predecessor (attempting to speak/shift/move until awakening), but things started getting interesting, although often times still frightening.

some of my more recent episodes could only be described as intense O.B.E.'s, usually involving levitation and movement of body. I have been lifted up into the air, up to the ceiling. what happens next varies, but it involves rotation, often times at unearthly speeds, followed by intense geometrical shapes/visuals and concluded by a catapult from the ceiling directly into a wall. I suppose this is intended to mimic death because I usually jolt awake sweating.

other times, simply "letting it go" transforms into more strange dreams, with much more chaotic auditory goings-on, and a complete departure from anything resembling a normal dream. seeing shapes, patterns which have yet to be formulated and/or discovered. kind of difficult to explain but lets compare it to zen, or total inner peace, or a profound DOI/DOM/DOB trip, full & total understanding of why I exist/my purpose on this planet in complex detail.

unfortunately when I awake from these episodes, they only remain memorable for seconds and the POOF! gone like mothafuckin magic! the whole missing/phantom limb phenom has also been a recurring experience.

am I seriously fucked up, or is anyone else with me here? even if not, any profound, memorable, amazing experiences for anybody lately?

i'm really interested in reading about these experiences. i have some very crazy lucid dreams on the regular and have been having them since i was a kid. i've always wanted to keep a journal next to my bed and write down everything i experience, but usually, when i wake up i'm too tired and the task seems like a lot of work.

i was given some advice a few years ago about how to protect myself during these sleep episodes. so, now i create like a glowing orb bubble type thing around myself, which some how is a shield or whatever that gives me powers to manipulate shit while i'm sleeping. sounds odd, but it works.

also, i think if you practice or try to initiate obe's on your own time, you will learn how to control them more when they occur unexpectedly.

http://www.dailygrail.com/Guest-Articles/2011/7/How-Have-OBE

i'd be interested in reading more personal stories from whomever...

i am certain some of you have experienced this phenomena at least once in your lifetime.

i on the otherhand, go through it almost nightly. it is singlehandedly one of the most frightening experiences ive ever had. among these episodes, i have felt crippling fear, asphyxiation, cardiac arrest-like chest pain, and often humans, beings or creatures attacking me.

sometimes i will feel myself float above my body, and my eyes will be open making everything in the room visable, but also accompanied by frightening visions and/or halluncinations. often times i hear chaotic noises such as loud machines, explosions, people talking/screaming in foreign languages. ive tried to kinda "let it roll" like a lot of people recommend (some people are able to achieve lucid dreaming or OBE's this way), but this only makes it more prolonged, frightening and much more difficult to wake myself.

sometimes i am able to snap myself out of it by twitching fingers and sudden body movements/jerks, or by forcing out just enough sound to wake my wife so she can wake me. i find that my sleep paralysis also increases and intensifies with narcotic use. when i was using heroin i would experience it more frequently, but was much more tolerable and less bothersome. after getting my wisdom teeth pulled a week and a half ago, i was taking oxycodone and hydrocodone, as well as methadone occasionally for pain and it made sleeping almost impossible.

how do you deal with it, what behaviors seem to induce it for you and do you have any memorable experiences?

I've had this shit before and was 100% convinced at the time that some demon or some shit was trying to possess my body on some exorcist type shit.

I just mentally fought it off as best I could whenever that happened.

It's only happened maybe a handful of times in my life.

I never heard no foreign languages or explosions or nothing though, I would chalk that up to the drugs that you were apparently on.

actually according to several reports ive read 12pack, SP is often accompanied by auditory hallucinations. most times its a LOUD crunching or something... sometimes like the sound of crumbling celophane. but less often ill hear someone speaking in tongues, or yelling obscenities in arabic directly in my ear which is mega fuckin terrifying.

anyway, im convinced that I will have to deal with this for the rest of my days.. but it presumably becomes more tolerable over time.

still, fascinating stuff. I wish some members would post up some of their experiences in best possible detail. IMO, this would make for a great read/thread.

actually according to several reports ive read 12pack, SP is often accompanied by auditory hallucinations. most times its a LOUD crunching or something...

Well whenever it happened to me I just felt literally paralyzed and couldn't even breath like some ghost or some shit was smothering me or trying to take over my body or some shit.

I didn't hear any wild noises, infact it might have even been dead silence.

That shit alone was terrifying enough, I could only imagine what that shit's like combined with somebody screaming in tongues.

• 4 years later...

i think this happened to me about a year ago, was working 7 days a week and one morning 'woke up' and there was a shadow looming over the bed in the shape of..whatever the fckin demons name from the exorcist was, i forget..oh yeah, Pazuzu

wasnt really scary, more interesting though. I didnt feel pinned down or anything just was ..there..looking at it, feeling weird.

• 6 years later...

Bump because I was thinking of this while in traffic today 

I have had one experience with this. I was living with my mom in the apartment complex I grew up in, so I must’ve been about 14 or so. 

was conscious but my body wouldn’t move. I was lying on my belly, head on pillow, face to the side. 

I got out of it by slowly rocking myself as best I could. From tiny little twitch, to moving a shoulder or hip barely, to moving and arm or a leg, to rocking my body back and forth slowly, to a full on rock like I’m trying to turn over…. And snapped out. 

One of the scariest things I’ve experienced