83rd Acedemy Awards Mega Thread!!!

CityonSMASH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oscar_Award_2011_Trophy.jpg

A star-studded Oscars night saw Natalie Portman, Colin Firth, Christian Bale and Melissa Leo win big! See ALL the Oscars 2011 winners here...

After months of speculation and anticipation, the Oscars 2011 winners were announced in a star-studded ceremony. While Best Actress went to Black Swan star Natalie Portman, Best Actor went to King's Speech star Colin Firth. The Fighter's Christian Bale and Melissa Leo received Best Supporting Actor and Actress respectively.

SEE ALL THE PICS FROM THE OSCARS 2011

The biggest winner of the night had to be The King's Speech, scooping Best Film, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay - and of course Colin's award. Host of the night James Franco said that the movie had now become a part of Oscar history.

Accepting the award, Colin Firth joked "I've a feeling my career has just peaked," but was visibly thrilled to receive the award, having lost out last year for his role in A Single Man to Jeff Bridges. He thanked his wife Livia for: "Putting up with my fleeting delusions of royalty."

Meanwhile Natalie Portman wiped tears from her eyes when accepting her Best Actress award, saying: "I want to thank my parents. First and foremost for giving me my life. And for the opportunity to work at such a young age.' She went on to thank her fiancé: "My beautiful love Benjamin Millepied who choreographed the film and has now given me my most important role of my life."

SEE THE BEST DRESSES FROM THE OSCARS

And while the Best Supporting Actress win was a shock for The Fighter's Melissa Leo who accidentally swore on stage, Best Supporting Actor Christian Bale was a little more reserved when accepting his award, joking: "I'm not going to drop the F-bomb like she did. I've done that plenty before." He also got Dicky Eklund who he played in the movie to stand up and take a bow.

Oscars 2011 winners...

Best Picture: The King's Speech

Best Actor: Colin Firth

Best Actress: Natalie Portman

Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale

Best Supprting Actress: Melissa Leo

Best Director: Tom Hopper - The King's Speech

Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 3

Art Direction: Alice in Wonderland

Cinematography: Inception - Wally Pfister

Costumes: Alice in Wonderland

Documentary (feature): Inside Job

Film Editing: The Social Network

Foreign Language Film: In a Better World

Makeup: The Wolfman

Music (Original Score): The Social Network - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Music (Original Song): Toy Story 3 - We Belong Together

Sound Mixing: Inception

Sound Editing: Inception

Visual Effects: Inception

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): The Social Network - Aaron Sorkin

Writing (Original Screenplay): The King's Speech - David Seidler

i never watch the academy awards, oscars, grammys, any of that shit, i couldnt tell you the difference between them.

and its annoying when celebrities LIVE TWEET during them, who fucking cares, when im on my break and theres nothing to do except check fucking twitter on my phone i dont wanna read your opinions on movies or whatever.

and its annoying when celebrities LIVE TWEET during them, who fucking cares, when im on my break and theres nothing to do except check fucking twitter on my phone i dont wanna read your opinions on movies or whatever.

tumblr_ldufrmQSxu1qa09hyo1_500-1.jpg

ya.

cause "tweeting" about what you had for lunch isnt just as fucking gay. twitters for fan boys br0. i dont give a fuck what some dude i aint never met talkin bout doin shit i aint never gonna be a part of. that shits worse than faggety dramawood awards or a mickey mouse bLanksy billboard.

staright up.

o-dog.gif

cause "tweeting" about what you had for lunch isnt just as fucking gay. twitters for fan boys br0. i dont give a fuck what some dude i aint never met talkin bout doin shit i aint never gonna be a part of. that shits worse than faggety dramawood awards or a mickey mouse bLanksy billboard.

notice how i said i check it on my break. because i have nothing else to do. i dont even update it regularly enough to be called a twitter user.

i followed a bunch of people whos music/painting/acting/whatever i like and twitter usually provides some entertainment about what new projects, products and music is coming out.

spam is definatly worthy.

and earl brought up a good point with the jewish afro.

i laughed, with him not at him. my girl said its dope when real people get up there. she was on point with that call.

I took that as him trying to be cool and down to earth with a preconceived line, rather than a "call"