the CANDIRU worm (if you swim in the ocean you better look)

Guest Good Morning Captain

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Catfish Facts"

"The candiru, a small, worm-like South American catfish is the only vertebrate parasite of people. Perhaps the less said about this blood-sucking fish, dubbed Urinophilus diabolicus by one imaginative observer, the better."

From Seekers Newspaper:

"Don't Pee in the Pool

Especially if that pool is in the Amazon Basin, home of the only verte-

brate parasite known to man. This slender little catfish, of the

Trichomycteridae family, called the Candiru, is also affectionately known as the "Vampire Catfish." The Candiru normally feed on fish they follow the flow of water leaving a fish's gills, then enter the gill. They use their spines to lock themselves into place, and then, using long teeth to rasp and its mouth as a sucking apparatus, it feeds on the fish's blood. These parasites have also been known to follow a stream of urine and enter the urogenital openings of humans, causing severe, excruciating pain and massive bleeding. Visiting the Amazon? Wear tight-fitting bathing suits, and Don't Pee in the Pool!"

Originally posted by alkaline

From Seekers Newspaper:

"Don't Pee in the Pool

Especially if that pool is in the Amazon Basin, home of the only verte-

brate parasite known to man. This slender little catfish, of the

Trichomycteridae family, called the Candiru, is also affectionately known as the "Vampire Catfish." The Candiru normally feed on fish they follow the flow of water leaving a fish's gills, then enter the gill. They use their spines to lock themselves into place, and then, using long teeth to rasp and its mouth as a sucking apparatus, it feeds on the fish's blood. These parasites have also been known to follow a stream of urine and enter the urogenital openings of humans, causing severe, excruciating pain and massive bleeding. Visiting the Amazon? Wear tight-fitting bathing suits, and Don't Pee in the Pool!"

that is the most horrid shit ive ever heard in my life....

we learned about those in biology in highschool. they swim up the urethra and then they have spiny bones that come out of the sides of their neck that hold it in place inside the penis. i don't remember if it will come out on it's own or you have to have penis surgery. a boy in my class passed out when my teacher showed us pictures.

i think it was in south amerian rivers that they live.

i am so glad i am female.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/animals1/catf...sh/candiru.html

"The candiru has a voracious appetite for blood and will parasitize fish, mammals, and humans. One scientist, while holding a candiru, accidently let it enter a small cut on his hand. It could be seen writhing under the skin towards the vein."

"When candirus parasitize humans, it is usually only when they are skinny-dipping while urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up the anus and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on both the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood. This is all said to be very painful for the poor person who has this happen to him or her. Unfortunately, they are almost impossible to remove due to the spines. Amputation of the private areas is the cheapest, and most life-changing, way to remove the fish. Actual surgery is extremely expensive and involves inserting the Xagua plant and the Buitach apple up the urethra. These two plants kill and even dissolve the parasitic fish. If surgery is not done in time, the blockage of the urinary tract will prove fatal. The candiru is the only known vertebrate to parasitize humans."

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by Don't Panic

http://keep3.sjfc.edu/students/jhn1994/CANDIRU.jpg'>

it..... jesus.... no...

That is the worst thing I have ever heard/seen/knownabout. That thing JUMPED out of the fucking water into the guy's dick??

i read about those thing when i was a kid (in a book) and untill i read this thread i thought thet swam up streams of urine but i think the guy was pissing IN the water rather than INTO the water

shit man i be swimming when i should and i see one of those things i be swimming fast like crazy and one get on me i grab that little creepy nigga say "shit creepy fucko what you be doin on my all that?" then give that little bitch ass the vagina bust shot of a lifetime

then he be crying like the women and shit and all the other scared bitches be runnin sayin like "tha balls!! the balls!!" cause they been got by some worm out the ocean

i ain't been swimmin for long ass time anyways though

wtf

you people get me all worked up for nothing. this spawn of satan is only native to the amazon river.

The candirú or canero (Vandellia cirrhosa) is a freshwater fish in the group commonly called the catfishes. It is found in the Amazon River and has a reputation among the natives as the most feared fish in its waters, even over the piranha. The species grows only to a size of an inch in length and is eel shaped and translucent, making it almost impossible to see in the water. The candiru is a parasite. It swims into the gill cavities of other fishes, erects a spine to hold itself in place, and feeds on the blood in the gills, earning it a nickname as the "vampire fish of Brazil".

It is feared by the natives because it is attracted to urine or blood, and if the bather is nude it will swim into an orifice (the anus, vagina or even - in the case of the smaller specimens - the penis and deeper through the urethra). It then erects its spine and begins to feed on the blood and body tissue just as it would from the gills of a fish. The candiru is then almost impossible to remove except through an operation, usually involving the amputation of the area. A more expensive option is the use of two plants, the Xagua plant (Genipa americana) and the Buitach apple which are inserted (or their extract in the case of tight spaces) into the affected area. These two plants together will kill and then dissolve the fish. More often, the pain causes shock and death in the victim before it can be removed.

Recommended reading:

* Herman, John B, 'Candiru: Urinophilic catfish -- It's gift to urology', Urology 1(3):265-267 (1973).

* Gudger, EW, 'Bookshelf browsing on the Alleged Penetration of the Human Urethra by an Amazonian Catfish Called Candiru,' Americal Journal of Surgery 8(1): 170-188, 443-457 (1930).

* Vinton, KW, Stickler, WH, 'The Carnero, a fish parasite of man and possibly animals,' Americal Journal of Surgery 54:511- (1941).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived