snowboarding in the Northeast

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sounds interesting but alas I must decline going to any snowboard trips as I currently lack the skill-set to properly impress my fellow oontz'ers and would likely spend the entire time getting completely hammered on the bunny slope and end up crashing into and fatally wounding a family of four and their pet dog Rosco.

Snowboarding is ill though.

not sure about specific plans exactly... for now I was just hoping to get a small crew together from people living in NYC to start doing one day bus trips to the mountains. maybe have a few non-NYC people coordinate to meet us there or something. if that goes well, i'd definitely consider planning something bigger like a multi-day trip in advance. actually trying to make it to Mammoth for a few days in March if any of you are up for that.

Northeast riding blows, never realy enjoyed it. Wind, rain and icey conditions with 5 hour commutes for ridiculous ticket prices on a half closed mountain gets lame.

Once my parents stopped payin for ticket I sold all my shit and stopped going.

12 oz pizza party with raven sounds fun, though Im good.

im from the west but living in the east now. the mountains here can't really compare but i can be satisfied with a good park. i'm much further north than nyc though. furthest i go south is jay peak...

You and 95% of my university. Maybe try somewhere other than there?

If jay peak is south for you..........

You must be living in Canada.

logo.jpg

loon-mountain.jpg

^^ terrain park is fucking awesome. drive thru the kanc is fucking awesome. place for snowboarders. (80's day this year at loon, sometime in april. going to be off the wall)

Maine-sunday-river-trailmap.jpg

simon2low.jpg

^^lots of space. kinda flat cross overs from mountain to mountain, not that great park.. lots of tourists.

- yesterday @ SR

Sugarloaf+Chair+Lift+Accident.jpg

4-12-08beachcrowd2small.jpg

^reggaefest. nonstop party friday til sunday.

sugarloaf is sweet.