Washington DC

Vanity

The only other thread on this is some toy asking about spots.

Anyway, my girl is moving to the US's capital. I'll probably end up there shortly enough. I'm taking it upon myself to find housing; otherwise, she'll end up listening to her co-workers and end up living someplace lame like Sterling, surrounded by Applebee's and Outbacks.

So what are some decent semi-grimey (cheap) parts of the area to live in that she's not gonna get raped in?

ghetto.jpg

Pras_-_Ghetto_Superstar_single.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

DC isn't bad. it looks very tough

i've had a few minor incidents there but nothing serious

and i've spent a little time in the shadier areas.

a friend of mine had a house near adams morgan with some friends

prolly one of the best ways to go if she can find house roommates..

i would try to stick to northwest, around the zoo, howard, adams morgan as i already mentioned.

it might be too pricey though. my friend is an architect.

if she can stand a bit of a commute, on a train, try the chevy chase/silver spring/college park area.

DC ain't bmore, nyc or philly though, there are very few cutty or grimy areas that you won't get mugged/raped in. ..there are prolly some pockets, but i don't live there..

DC is a really fun town though, there is SO much to do for cheap or free. and always some sort of action.

ya downtown around the vorizon center n shit was rad. i remember rolling in at night actually and thinking it was kool as fuck witha good vibe.

clearly anyone like yourself who has/does live there would have a hell of alot better judgement than someone like myself that only chilled a few days but some of the areas i circled thru were far worse than the bronx north or south philly up n down kengsington wherever.

clearly those places are much muchh muchhh larger than the dc spots im talking about as they come and go pretty quick but id be real surprised if the areas were talking about in comparison have higher crime/murder rates per capita.

but i do agree about dc being fun, i really really loved that place actually. had a dope time chilling at polaski(freedom plaza) with a buncha kids skateboarding while i drank and chilled with my dog.

i remember on my way rolling into arlington for the first time and im looking around then bam. oh sheeeeeeit thats the fuckin pentagon :)

the monuments are kool too, and i never give a fuck about shit like that.

as far as baltimore goes iv been there a couple times. painted, and i dunno. maybe it was just outtatowners luck but as shady as some hoods were i passed thru after night fell. to me there was no comparison to the street activity and shit goin down in dc. i found bmore to be quite small. with a dead assed boring downtown and really, a place you aint missing nothin if you dont never see.

Picture19-1-1.png

ya downtown around the vorizon center n shit was rad. i remember rolling in at night actually and thinking it was kool as fuck witha good vibe.

clearly anyone like yourself who has/does live there would have a hell of alot better judgement than someone like myself that only chilled a few days but some of the areas i circled thru were far worse than the bronx north or south philly up n down kengsington wherever.

clearly those places are much muchh muchhh larger than the dc spots im talking about as they come and go pretty quick but id be real surprised if the areas were talking about in comparison have higher crime/murder rates per capita.

but i do agree about dc being fun, i really really loved that place actually. had a dope time chilling at polaski(freedom plaza) with a buncha kids skateboarding while i drank and chilled with my dog.

i remember on my way rolling into arlington for the first time and im looking around then bam. oh sheeeeeeit thats the fuckin pentagon :)

the monuments are kool too, and i never give a fuck about shit like that.

as far as baltimore goes iv been there a couple times. painted, and i dunno. maybe it was just outtatowners luck but as shady as some hoods were i passed thru after night fell. to me there was no comparison to the street activity and shit goin down in dc. i found bmore to be quite small. with a dead assed boring downtown and really, a place you aint missing nothin if you dont never see.

Picture19-1-1.png

ve6r79.jpg

living in the city proper is getting expensive, as are the suburbs. there are plenty of areas where yall can probably afford though ... try around howard u, NOMA (north of massachusetts ave), etc. like some people have said if you can hang with a commute theres plenty of places in montgomery county MD and some in virginia that are just as cool.

the metro is getting pricey as fuck and going downhill from what friends have told me, but is your only option for getting around ... it is very easy to learn & a lot cleaner than NYC or Philly.

DC is real block-by-block, especially in northeast. check it out before you move there, some neighborhoods are cuttier than they look.

I live in Adams Morgan and just went through trying to find housing. It's a bitch.

Adams Morgan is great, but you'd probably need to find roommates because so much of it is row houses. Which is a lot of DC, actually. But I would try H St NE (it gets less grimey headed south toward stanton square), Petworth, Ledroit park, Along first st NW (I forget What that neighborhood is called, Truxton circle?), and maybe Columbia heights but that's getting expensive too.