Meditation

nickfury

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what I call "Real Yoga" is meditation. The problem is it is hard to find that today especially within cities. These people are on the top of a hill before the sun rises and wait for it. They take ice cold showers in the morning, and study a lot of old astrology, alchemy etc...each position is almost like a prayer or mental state that you need to be in. Breathing in a certain way during each position is mastered too.

If you are paying for a yoga class in a studio, its more of stretching exercises.

This can also apply to Tai Chi. From an instructor i know, You are supposed to adjust your breathing and mental focus to parts of the body with the vision of something going through them.

I havent meditated in so long but used to do it 2-3 times a day. I even used it instead of sleeping on rare occasions. It is something that through my experience has worked and I have just been too busy to do it as often as I would like. Those who are interested, I would say go for it, and don't trip off the "different types". You can meditate while walking, drawing, sitting, laying down, cooking. The idea is to just calm your mind and have a consistent breathing pattern.

sorry for the long post. Who ever read it all.

when i hear the word meditate i instantly think of some dirty barefoot hippy sitting in a faggot circle with a bunch of other hippies saying "oooooooooooommmmm" while beating drums,then going back to their apartment or van or whatever the fuck hippies live in and fuck some bitch name starchild or fire wind or some gay shit like that,than eat out the bitches ass without taking a shower before hand.

thats what i think about when i think meditation.

but there are different ways to meditate.i like to lay down in the dark with some nice soothing music(down tempo shit,not gay new age shit with chimes and all that bs) and close my eyes and concentrating on floating or spinning,i try to make myself feel like im spinning in my body without actually moving or floating vice versa,i dont konw if that what you call meditating,but it sure as hell makes me feel calm and shit. and i sleep alot better when i do.