Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nickfury

Meditation

In an attempt to find some inner peace and control my anger issues, and since i cannot afford to live atop tibetian mountains with buddhist monks, I'm trying to teach myself to meditate. Does this shit work for any of y'all? I also i see that there are several types....anyone have any helpful suggestions/personal preferences/daily rituals.

I realize this type of hippy shit is not for everyone,

heres the obligatory

30334_f520.jpg

• Like 1

lot of people think meditation is sittin goin *ommmm* with they eyes closed, so well done cos already you ahead the game on that one. its about watchin yo *self*. bein aware in the moment. and when an emotion araise, you catch it, before it catch you.

start being more aware of and watchin you thoughts. it aint got to be all day [for real you can't DO that shit all day or it goin to drive you crazy]. but watch you thoughts as they ARISE. then instead of GOIN with them [lettin them TAKE YOU]...stop right there and look at the root of that shit...where it coming from? what YOU got an issue with IN YOU?

like, I feel myself getting angry, out of proportion angry with some shit...I got to KNOW the root of that is me, not the other one....even if it's someone crossing a boundary I got, thats still my shit if my reaction aint cool... and for real, manifest anger is a big weakness if it's beyond yo control. it's givin someone a button they can push anytime they want to watch me blow. fuck that. so instead of goin with the anger [if you got to pull back, you already goin too far into the emotion] STOP. Really, just fucken freeze frame. look at you self instead of the other one. look at your boundary what they crossin. to understand it, you got to get to the ROOT; where the boundary even COME FROM? Why YOU got such a strong reaction? [fuck what the other one did.....you using this for YOU, help you GROW] and slow and sure you gonna come to know yourself, master yourself and no one conquer you again. anger is for babies but when you got it, its a hard nut to crack. I know, cos I used to blow. KNOW YOURSELF. understand your shit. know you every weakness. face up the truth.

if all else failin; couple of things what help you not to blow if you gonna go:

1. anythin I get doin myself thats the same like the shit thats pissing me off when someone else doin it? [you got to be honest here and its an interestin one]

2. is the shit happenin right now big enough to still be thinkin about in a week/a month/a year/ whatever? [stop you getting bent out of shape over fuck all]

Seriously, smoke bud, it helps with that. My homie in SF is taking Yoga, he says meditation really helps if you know how to do it right I guess.

I was diagnosed with PTSD, was suffering from severe panic attacks/anxiety. These two books really helped me out.

Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson

8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Victor N. Davich

google "Mindfulness Meditation"

i've been practicing for the past two or three years and it makes a noticeable difference. you become more calm, more aware, and more compassionate.

start with 15 minutes a day or every other day, counting your breaths and disregarding thoughts are they arise.

if you're in a city or near a college campus, there should be some kind of meditation or buddhist group that would be a good introduction. when you sit with other people too, it tends to make you focus more and concentrate better on clearing your mind. PM me if you want more information

i used to do this a lot and it was helpful with a lot of shite i had goin' on at the time...

don't get carried away with it though... people have been known to go insane and commit suicide from too much...

Yeah it doesn't have to be overboard. I guess i do a little bit of meditation. I have restless leg syndrome aka running from the cops while you sleep. So I do a bit of meditation while lying in bed before I go to sleep...I think that might be more of a relaxing technique

What the fuck do I know. Yo, I'd fuck that chick though. .

shittings a double edged sword when it comes to meditation...sure its a peaceful relaxing part of ones day..but u cant really concentrate on breathing and what not if theres excrement coming out of ur body., but shitting is the most introspective part of my day.

look up Trancendental Meditation on Youtube, Youll be pleasantly surprised.

no hippie.

this.

i learned this shit like a few months ago and it really helps you relax and feel better through the day.

i had a meditation class in high school, i would always fall asleep. but then again i slept through most of high school

It most definitely works, and there's some cool shit you can do with it. You might have some interest in hypnotism/self-hypnosis too as they can follow similar concepts.

I used to meditate, its definitely a good thing. Meditation can calm you and give you a better outlook on life, it also helps with depression and anxiety. You dont have to cross your legs and touch your fingertips to meditate a good example is being in silence with your eyes closed and thinking with full concentration about erasing one of those giant chalkboards in classrooms. Take your time erasing it or draw on it and erase it again over a 10-15 minute period and you good.

/nohippy

MS PAINT + WEED = MEDITATE

the trick is to draw something with as much detail as possible.

this seems to clear my head.

Sit up-right, back straight, close your eyes and concentrate only on taking long, slow, deep breaths.

I sound like a corny yoga video.

carry on...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now