Food Stamps

nsmbfan

Being that it's a recession and it'll only get worse before it gets better, I've been looking into ways to "get over" any way I possibly can.

This is when I realized there was such thing as FOOD STAMPS... now called SNAP (Supplemental Nutrional Assistance Program... or something)

http://www.gettingfoodstamps.org/rights.htm <-- more info on your food stamp rights

Emergency SNAP Benefits

Emergency SNAP benefits are also known as expedited SNAP because the benefits are given faster to those in an emergency situation, such as:

A family with resources worth $100 or less, and monthly income less than $150.

A family with resources and monthly income that are less than the most recent monthly expenses for rent/mortgage and utilities.

A family that includes a migrant or seasonal farm worker who has $100 or less in resources and very little income.

To apply for emergency SNAP, visit an HHSC benefits office or call 2-1-1. To find an HHSC benefits office, go to http://www.yourtexasbenefits.com, and then click on “Find an office.

Apparently if you have less than $100 in the bank, and are poor as fuck "on paper", you can receive this shit. Or if your bills are more than you make, you can get this shit. Most people I know live paycheck to paycheck because things are so fucked up right now. The only people doing good are the hustlers, AND EVEN THEY don't report legit income to be more than their bills... so they can receive this shit too.

Now I'm not talking about pregnant chicks getting WIC for their baby or whatever... I mean even homeless people can receive food stamps. IT'S TO FEED YO ASS. Why wouldn't everyone get this? That's what it's there for.

whos-getting-food-stamps.jpg

old ass image, but it's probably more now.

Free food.

Is anybody above doing this? I know I'm not. I think I will apply.

discuss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food stamps are fucking awesome. I get 200 a month and the Arabs at the corner store let me buy whatever I want with them. I get all my house cleaning stuff with them. And everything for my bathroom. They'll even let me buy beer and alcohol. And the Chinese ladies around the corner have a way of extracting money from the card and will give me 120 cash and they keep 80.

Back in my "bank account negative 350 dollars days" I had 3 cards at once via homies that came from out of state and I'd make them get a card and give it to me when they left. I need to set that up again. 600 bucks a month for whatever I please is legit.

THANKS SF GOVERNMENT, MUAH!!

We had the paper ones as a kid but we really did need them. My Mom was disabled and we were dirt poor. I'll never resort to that unless I absolutely had to. (Even then, I'd try my best to get off of that shit as quick as I could.)

I'm not trying to be right-wing or any of that shit but it pisses me off to know that I'm busting my ass at work every day while some lazy fuck that's 2/3rds my age is living off of my money.

Guess I'm showing my age here.

Insert umad.gif

• Like 1

i'm no youngin. and i work for a living. probably doing something a hell of a lot

more positive and meaningful then half of you shmucks. for a fuck of a lot less.

now. when johnny law decided to fuck me up on some falseness and tamper with

my money game you think i gave a shit abouta niggas tax dollar? HA! No. been

payin that shit since the 90's. taxes. smh. and let's not forget where we are here

in the first place. this is a graffiti forum. hello! the buff, city clean-up! yada fucking yada.

fuck about a taxes. just a bunch of money that comes out your shit and falls into

some politicians pocket anyways. end rant.

We had the paper ones as a kid but we really did need them. My Mom was disabled and we were dirt poor. I'll never resort to that unless I absolutely had to. (Even then, I'd try my best to get off of that shit as quick as I could.)

I'm not trying to be right-wing or any of that shit but it pisses me off to know that I'm busting my ass at work every day while some lazy fuck that's 2/3rds my age is living off of my money.

Guess I'm showing my age here.

Insert umad.gif

Being mad about people using the system to their advantage and acting like your taxes will ever go down if they stop is quite naive.

Most truly wealthy people get food stamps that how they stay rich, they have way of being frugal you could never dream of to the point of why even bother having all that money. The big house and car are just a status symbol. On paper they are broke, it's all corprate accounts and family money. They don't spend money like a rapper with a new hit.

I told my girl to get them, she can only work 1 or 2 days a week due to financial aid for college. I was paying for every meal in double and if I wasn't around she barely ate. She was reluctant at first because of the stigma but it's better than being hungry. So she went and applied.

It is naive to think I'm only looking at it from that angle.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. (Gov't housing abuse, that new cell phone plan, "Safelink" or whatever...The list goes on and on.)

I guess it's different regionally, but I live in a Metropolitan area where people sit on their asses all day in the 'hood areas and dudes like me who are scraping by legitimately are footing the bill.

Like I said, I grew up poor as fuck and on Welfare. So did all of my friends. But we all worked hard to get OFF of it. Not sat on our asses to see if we could get ON it.

As for the comment on the taxes paying for the buff, etc.

That's a part of life. Just like it pays for potholes and trash pickup.

• Like 2

i lived off unemployment for YEARS while selling hella drugs and traveling the world having a fucking blast. ill get over on the gov anyway i can, whenever i can. and never feel the slightest twinge of regret.

all while some of you were working hella hours. keep workin your fingers to the bone, ill be in a foreign country getting shitfaced with gorgeous women and making them speak in foreign languages to my boys when i call to brag about how much fun im having.

you mad?

dont get me wrong, it feels good to relax after a hard days work, but it feels much better to not work at all and snort coke off your passport in the streets of europe.

Just to be clear...

I have no beef about people who REALLY need them getting them.

I'm all for it.

I get mad when I see able-bodied people collecting just to fatten their pockets a lil' more or because they see it as a way to not work.

Trust me. You guys will get what I'm saying one day. Maybe not all of you, but a good handful and you'll think back to this shit.

Peace out nigras. I'm gonna' go finish drinking.

Any taxes the recoup from fixing welfare fraud or any other social problem will be re-routed towards the ever increasing defense spending or more law enforcement and government official pocket lining.

I don't enjoy the fact that junkies get ahold of this money and sit around all day getting high and hatching schemes to fuck with normal working people, either directly or indirectly, but it's all part of the dumb game and the good comes with the bad in any case and I'd just as soon rather see more poor people getting over on the system than have more cops asking me where I'm walking to at night while I'm minding my own business.