Uncle Leo RIP

!@#$%

Seinfeld's 'Uncle Leo' dead at 88

(CNN) -- Veteran actor Len Lesser died in his sleep Wednesday morning in Burbank, California, of complications from pneumonia. He was 88.

"It was very peaceful," his daughter, Michele Lesser, told CNN, saying the family had hoped for a quick and painless death. "He was a great grandpa, and an amazing father. He had a heart of gold -- and a sense of humor of platinum."

Best known as Jerry Seinfeld's Uncle Leo on TV's "Seinfeld," Lesser made more than 500 film, television and stage appearances. His TV roles ranged from "Studio One in Hollywood" in 1949 to a 2009 role on "Castle."

In addition to "Seinfeld," he had a recurring role as Garvin on "Everybody Loves Raymond." He also appeared on "ER," "Mad About You," "Thirtysomething," "Falcon Crest," "Quincy M.E.," "The Rockford Files," "Kojak," "The Bob Newhart Show," "The Mod Squad," "Green Acres," "All In The Family," "The Monkees," "Get Smart," "My Favorite Martian," "Ben Casey" and "The Untouchables."

Lesser's films included "Gallipoli," "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and "Kelly's Heroes."

Lesser also served in the Army during World War II.

In addition to his daughter Michelle, Lesser is survived by a son, David, David's wife Julie and the couple's three children.

these youtube links are terrible quality..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
when I first saw this thread I thought it was YOUR Uncle Leo who had died and It made me feel a little sad for you. Then I saw is was some random actor that I dont give a shit about and it made me feel alot better.

word.

i have plenty of dead friends and family members too but don't lament for me, death is a part of life.

and luckily i haven't been to any funerals lately.

i'd hardly characterize him as a random actor though.

you are either young, or foreign. i'm guessing young from your screen name

here we go, found a good one..

"if there's a woman who can take your presence for more than ten consecutive seconds,

you should hang onto her like grim death

which isn't far off by the way..

She's an anti-semite!

Can you blame her?!"

RIP to him.

My favorite quote from him (for some reason) was:

"I don't mean to alarm you, but your nanna is missing."

I use that preface at work all the time: "I don't mean to alarm you, but your parts are going to be a week late." ""I don't mean to alarm you, but the customer has threatened to treat this shipment as a debt."