R/C cars

Drue_Down

I used to geek on these things in the 80's. The North side of Chicago did not offer much for offroad or smooth pavement.

However, I am looking forward to my son being old enough to get into these so I can restart an old hobby.

I was just chatting with a friend who is still into this... I had no idea the technology & styling had gotten to so far (I guess I should have assumed, everything else evolves)

....but I just watched this:

and a few other videos, cool shit. (not the music, just the styling of cars)

Anybody into this?

Gas/Electric - onroad/offroad?

It seems to be serious bizness for a select few.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

used to love RC's as a young buck..

we never had enough money for me to have anything that went faster than i could walk.

some friends tho, they had the gas powered ones that would go fast as hell..

hop'n em off bike ramps n shit..

i imagine getting back into this hobby "for your son" of course, would be fun..

post pics when you finally buy one..

when i was younger my pops got me a sick ass gas powered one. It was a 57 chevy all done up. the little thing hualed ass until some asshole ran it over and killed a little kids joy. Needless to say my pops chased after guy didnt catch him though. Which was good since my pops would have beat the shit outta him.. that was the first and last RC car i ever had..

I once knew this cat who would do Hella meth for weeks on end. He was always tinkering around with things. Used to do the illest bonsai trees. Insane tile and mosaic work. He also geeked out on his RC cars all fucking day and night. He had some expensive and really fast ones. I drove a few of them right the fuck into the curb at 40+ mph.

Fascinating ya'?

I once knew this cat who would do Hella meth for weeks on end. He was always tinkering around with things. Used to do the illest bonsai trees. Insane tile and mosaic work. He also geeked out on his RC cars all fucking day and night. He had some expensive and really fast ones. I drove a few of them right the fuck into the curb at 40+ mph.

Fascinating ya'?

u know this story is just about you man..haha

anyway r/c cars are cool. i fucked with the X-Mods awhile back and u can hook those shit up like crazy. i raced for pinks and all dat ish. ballllinn

growing up i had this ill one called "Lunchbox" and i would wrap water balloons around the vital parts so i could go through puddles and shit. i had like 6 of these big yellow chargeable packs for it so i could use it for long periods. then i beat that to shit and my dad gave me this ill gas powered one. they are loud as fuck and super hard to control but so fun. now i could not imagine spending all the money and time but im sure ebay is the move... assuming now its alot cheaper then when i was a kid..

I had a few R/C cars but they always ended up breaking after smashing into curbs. Got really into the cheaper Tamiya junior 4WD race cars as a youngin...

These were my main rides...

b_18052.jpg

18037.jpg

Totally forgot about racing these until I saw this thread.

Not as fun as the full size versions, but much cheaper and I had a couple of tracks close to my house to race them at.