what time period would you live in?

watson

aside from living in the 21st century, what time period would you live in if you could choose

for me, Rome in it's prime. epic battles, the archetiture, the coliseum, art and sculpture

followed closely by Egypt during the building of the sphinx and pyramids.. lots of crazy shit

orrrrr going to the civil war with an abrahams tank and just killing everything

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about this before. i think just around the end of the 1800's early 1900's would be a nice comfort zone. (say born in 1885) Electricity just started being harnessed, cars are in very early development, sky scrapers are on the horizon, medicine is advancing enough to keep me in somewhat of a safe bubble and every one has huge ideas about the future. Things are still made with great craftsman ship because technology advanced to just the right equilibrium where old world standards meet modern technique. people take pride in themselves and had more of a quiet dignity.

there is more of a feeling of being part of the country as opposed to individualism. commercialization did not yet seep into ever corner of people lives. youth does not dominate, advertisement does not dominate. no TV no radio, family is family.

most importantly women are making sandwiches all day everyday

I'd want to go back and live in California in like the 1860's all old western style. I dont know but I think it's be chill as fuck camping out in a valley with a fire,horse,and a gun all shitfaced. No real law, police forces were on horses, a lot of trade and barter.

I don't think id wanna live too far back in time.

If race played no part in my experience i'd kick it in the times of the samurai....

ghostdog.jpg

See I dunno, a lot of these places are really interesting to read/study about, but I think I'd hate living in them, because most often the quality of life was shit unless you were really rich.

I'd like to live in the 50s and 60s. The 20s could be fun too, but you won't catch me wanting to go much farther back than that.

Its a three way tie for me.

First choice - 10th century europe, roll with my viking ancestors destroying shit.

Second choice - 1969, the illest cars known to man, readily available, graff was just starting up, and drugs were a lot cheaper.

Third Choice - Whatever point in time that we have managed to perfect space travel, portable weaponized lasers, and whitecastle food that doesn't make you sick.

I wish people could really do this, because all of you would hate your choices.

Romanticized movies, photos, and History Channel shows be clogging your heads.

I know this is the second post I've made about it this morning, and I don't care. I'm a facetious asshole and I want to point it out.

Let me grab some coffee and a cigarette, and I'll relax though.

41CwMJhWW3L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I read this book every couple of years, and it always makes me want to travel back to the early 1900s.

Kinda like what croc tears was talking about.

Mostly cause if you needed to get out of some serious shit, all you had to do was get across the state line and make up a new name.

There was still honor amoung theives, ect.

Imagine how little dirt people will be able to get away with in 20+ years.

It actually kinda depresses me to think about. Thanks alot.

What Wiki says about the author:

"Jack Black, born 1871 in Vancouver but raised from infancy in Missouri, was a late 19th century/early 20th century hobo and professional burglar, living out the dying age of the Wild West. He wrote You Can't Win (Macmillan, 1926) a memoir or sketched autobiography describing his days on the road and life as an honorable outlaw. Black's book was written as an anti-crime book urging criminals to go straight but is also his statement of belief in the futility of prisons and the criminal justice system, hence the title of the book. Jack Black was writing from experience, having spent thirty years (fifteen of which were spent in various prisons) as a traveling criminal and offers extremely riveting tales of being a cross-country stick-up man, home burglar, petty thief, and opium fiend."

• Like 1