Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watson

what time period would you live in?

aside from living in the 21st century, what time period would you live in if you could choose

for me, Rome in it's prime. epic battles, the archetiture, the coliseum, art and sculpture

followed closely by Egypt during the building of the sphinx and pyramids.. lots of crazy shit

orrrrr going to the civil war with an abrahams tank and just killing everything

• Like 1

live in paris when stealing paintings was the shit to do and thieves got the best bitches.

swag

• Like 1

I've thought about this before. i think just around the end of the 1800's early 1900's would be a nice comfort zone. (say born in 1885) Electricity just started being harnessed, cars are in very early development, sky scrapers are on the horizon, medicine is advancing enough to keep me in somewhat of a safe bubble and every one has huge ideas about the future. Things are still made with great craftsman ship because technology advanced to just the right equilibrium where old world standards meet modern technique. people take pride in themselves and had more of a quiet dignity.

there is more of a feeling of being part of the country as opposed to individualism. commercialization did not yet seep into ever corner of people lives. youth does not dominate, advertisement does not dominate. no TV no radio, family is family.

most importantly women are making sandwiches all day everyday

I always wanted to see what it would be like as my age in the 1800s up to the 1980 in ny.

sadly I never would, Might have been fun to smash some broads in the 40,50,60s.

If I could travel in time, I would spend a month in each decade.

I'd want to go back and live in California in like the 1860's all old western style. I dont know but I think it's be chill as fuck camping out in a valley with a fire,horse,and a gun all shitfaced. No real law, police forces were on horses, a lot of trade and barter.

I don't think id wanna live too far back in time.

think ill just stay in this one, fuck wiping my ass with my hand and shit, or dying from something thats treatable these days....yea

ditto on ancient rome

the US when tag banging picked up, so i can claim ownership to every arrow ever

feudal japan

& the wild west

77863478.jpg

We talk about this at work a lot and I always choose THE ROARING 20s

Ww1 just ended, great depression hadn't happened yet, prohibition was in effect but speak easy was in effect, no STDs, barely any police, barely any technology.

Shit would be ill

If race played no part in my experience i'd kick it in the times of the samurai....

ghostdog.jpg

See I dunno, a lot of these places are really interesting to read/study about, but I think I'd hate living in them, because most often the quality of life was shit unless you were really rich.

I'd like to live in the 50s and 60s. The 20s could be fun too, but you won't catch me wanting to go much farther back than that.

Its a three way tie for me.

First choice - 10th century europe, roll with my viking ancestors destroying shit.

Second choice - 1969, the illest cars known to man, readily available, graff was just starting up, and drugs were a lot cheaper.

Third Choice - Whatever point in time that we have managed to perfect space travel, portable weaponized lasers, and whitecastle food that doesn't make you sick.

Right fucking now is the best time period ever hands down, the furthest back I'd go is during my own lifetime.

I'm not white, and although it sounds cool I'm sure opportunities to advance are better even for white people in this era.

1.Egypt about 3500 BCE

2.Civil War America. I would like to be in an artillery crew.

3. 10,000 BCE ...location yet to be established. I'd like to see how much language really progressed by this point.

4. New York City in the 1930s...the Bowery to be specific. Fuckin dope filled shithole.

I wish people could really do this, because all of you would hate your choices.

Romanticized movies, photos, and History Channel shows be clogging your heads.

I know this is the second post I've made about it this morning, and I don't care. I'm a facetious asshole and I want to point it out.

Let me grab some coffee and a cigarette, and I'll relax though.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now