what is your definition of the best job ever?

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i know what youre saying watson, a girl i almost married, loved to write. she is actually published a few times over, and has a book out. i remember telling her how lucky she was that her career is based on what she is passionate about.

thats when i realized i dont have a passion for what i do, but i have do have strong motivation to complete a task well and get it done properly.

when someone pays me to draw or paint, i laugh inside the whole time, like "how could these freaks see a value in what im doing" so i guess anything i consider fun may be my dream job.

PS a few years back, 04 i did work for Kettle One for a stint, where they paid me AND gave me a CASH stipend/per diem to literally go out and buy people drinks, like those budwiser bitches, but way more incognito.

that was the best job i have had to date.

• Like 1

one of the biggest beefs i always had with doing what i love for money is that when i'm getting paid to

do something, it usually means i have to do it a certain way which is a big "i don't want to do it now"

thing. Or just the mere fact that i 'have' to do it, makes me not want to. i do what i love cause i like

doing it, not cause i have to, in terms of art anyway. $0.02

travel photographer.

my job now is pretty awesome

intellectually stimulating

having importance to the world-at-large and humankind's body of knowledge

whilst not being too stuffy or self-important

a decent paycheck, flexible and friendly boss and close-to-home location

i'm finding myself having a hard time trying to word this thread how it should be

i thought of making it before but figured i could word it better, but can't

it's basically what you think the best career/way to make a living is, and to be satisfied for the rest of your life

such could be winning the lottery, but is that it? you just sit in a house or do you travel endlessly

maybe being a famous celebrity/musician/whatever

giving back endlessly to those less fortunate

it's really what way would you live if there was no limits to your career

i've got to really think of mine, so it's hard to say just yet

Winning the lotto would be fucking amazing. I could basically do the same shit i do now but not be broke/poor. I definitely wouldnt go out and buy a gold jumbo jet and spend money like an idiot. Probably go a little nuts at first but who wouldnt?

My ideal job/career whatever would be getting paid to do something i love to do. Which im pretty much doing right now just not making huge piles of cash. I probably make around the same money id make working all day at some bs job except i get to chill and draw/paint all day and listen to music. The same shit id be doing for free anyway. I think id be pretty down to demolish buildings for a living too. HAHA.

travel photographer.

my job now is pretty awesome

intellectually stimulating

having importance to the world-at-large and humankind's body of knowledge

whilst not being too stuffy or self-important

a decent paycheck, flexible and friendly boss and close-to-home location

Not bad symbols, I've often fantasized about working that show Globe Trecker. I have traveled pretty extensively but on my own dime. I wouldn't mind taking a 5 year sabbatical and work that show. Not life career but whenever I have some room.