FBI raids Anonymous

lord_casek

that sucks.

i support anon...theyre using their computer skills for doing good.

Relative/comparative good. The other stuff they get up to I'm not so sure about, and I'm a libertarian.

The Wikileaks thing was well-intentioned but they went after the people they knew would retaliate. Not so smart.

The Egypt thing they've got going on right now is awesome as long as it's having some cumulative effect.

Does that mean I support them? I'm not sure. To me it's one of those "all or nothing" propositions where I can't pick from column A and B and leave C and D alone.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Relative/comparative good. The other stuff they get up to I'm not so sure about, and I'm a libertarian.

The Wikileaks thing was well-intentioned but they went after the people they knew would retaliate. Not so smart.

The Egypt thing they've got going on right now is awesome as long as it's having some cumulative effect.

Does that mean I support them? I'm not sure. To me it's one of those "all or nothing" propositions where I can't pick from column A and B and leave C and P alone.

**FIXED

aaaaah i knew it. The FBI is rounding up anybody dumb enough to PARTICIPATE. I expect

anybody tech savy including the scrip kids knew better than to touch this. I also expect or

would hope Anon would know well enough to blow away drive slack or anything else an FBI

forensic investigator may find interesting

• 2 weeks later...

that's fucking crazy... those people who call themselves Anonymous though could be literally anyone... i'm sure people will be individually prosecuted but Anonymous as some kind of "terror group" just doesn't seem plausible to me and I think a U.S Grand Jury is just wasting their time trying to prosecute those trolls. i'm just laughing it has gotten that serious.

that's fucking crazy... those people who call themselves Anonymous though could be literally anyone... i'm sure people will be individually prosecuted but Anonymous as some kind of "terror group" just doesn't seem plausible to me and I think a U.S Grand Jury is just wasting their time trying to prosecute those trolls. i'm just laughing it has gotten that serious.

We'll have to wait and see what becomes of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
He also said Anonymous' days were numbered:

"Today, the ad hoc international group of hackers and activists is said to have thousands of operatives and has no set rules or membership. It remains to be seen how much time Anonymous has for pursuing such paths. The longer these attacks persist, the more likely countermeasures will be developed, implemented, the groups will be infiltrated and perpetrators persecuted."

Telling choice of his wording... :mad: