Egypt

Citizen X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that it's been a busy weekend and I haven't seen much news but I've read a few articles every day and I have to say that this is the slowest moving most poorly organized national rebellion I've ever seen.

It looks like 'what if the Watt's riots actually toppled the government' or something. This is the only only regime change I've ever seen that could result in the replacement of the old regieme with the old regieme.

I guess I misspoke earlier as the egyptian populace seems at least solidly united behind the idea that nobody connected to the Mubarak regieme will have a spot in the new government.

It's otherwise just as murky for me as before. I see most protesters saying that it will be government of and by the people but I'm not expecting a US style democracy. I also read that Cairo grocery stores are running out of food as deliveries have been interrupted and that has the potential to get ugly.

Shouldn't Clinton be in prison for spying on UN officials?

In related news: Soldiers protect the people from police brutality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibxVoGTeQ4w&feature=feedu

that's what I like to see the Army actually supporting the people, to be honest if the military supports the regime change the Mubarak wont stand a chance

live developments

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

1934: The head of the League of Arab States, Amr Moussa, says there must be a peaceful transition "from one era to another" in Egypt. "It is incumbent upon politicians or people working in politics to help that process," he tells the AFP news agency.

1916: Asked about whether President Hosni Mubarak should stand in September's presidential election, Mr Gibbs says the United States "does not determine who is on the ballot", but is concerned that the elections be free and fair.

i cannot wait to return to a free egypt!

i'm just posting a diff perspective... interested in what you guys think about this article... this is in no way my own personal opinion on the matter:

Egypt is Another Soros “Color” Revolution (YES A BLOG POST)

http://itmakessenseblog.com/2011/01/30/egypt-is-another-soros-color-revolution/

The turmoil in Egypt is another contrived, Illuminati backed “color” revolution designed to install puppets more subservient to their London-based masters. Over the last decade, we have seen such “revolutions” in Serbia, Georgia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and recent failed attempts in Burma, Iran and Thailand.

“Human rights” and “democracy” is always the pretext of these Illuminati gambits, dating back to the French and Russian Revolutions. They take advantage of genuine grievances to hoodwink the public.

This time there was no color scheme to tip us off but the unanimous support by the Illuminati-controlled mass media was a signal. You wouldn’t hear about it otherwise. (For example, did you know that real nationalists took over the government of Hungary?)

The confirmation is the man they are touting to replace Hosni Mubarak.

Globalist widget, Mohammed El Baradei is a trustee of the “International Crisis Group” an “independent” non-profit group run by bankers to incite revolutions and profit from them. His fellow trustee is none other than the ubiquitous Rothschild front man, George Soros.

El Baradei, who recently resigned as Director of the Intl. Atomic Energy Agency, is being groomed by the Illuminati to replace Mubarak. (He and his agency won the 2005 Nobel Prize.) In April, he gave a speech at Harvard saying he was “looking for a job” and wanted to be “an agent of change and advocate for democracy” in Egypt. This is code for local boss in the NWO banker tyranny. (Barack Obama has taught us about “change.”)

In February, El Baradei was part of a new non-party political movement called the “National Association for Change” which included a leader of the banned Masonic Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim brotherhood is a proxy for Britain’s MI-6 masquerading as Muslim fundamentalists. In November they were roundly defeated in elections, so this “revolution” seems to be their answer. Mubarak wisely jailed their leaders.

On Thursday El Baradei returned to Egypt to lead the demonstrations. Friday he and his supporters were subjected to water canons and batons. Today he announced:”We are seeking a change of regime. President Mubarak should step down. We should head towards a democratic state through a new government and free democratic elections…The whole world should realize that the Egyptians are not going home until their demands are realized…We are talking about taking down the Pharaonic dictatorship.”

Egypt has accused the US of helping to engineer this revolt by training “activists,” citing this document.

Is it going too far to say that removing Mubarak would be a victory for Israel in its expansion from the Nile to the Euphrates? Their surrogates are already in Baghdad.

This article is not intended to garner sympathy for the Mubarak regime but merely to point out that this turmoil is about the Illuminati tightening their grip on Egypt. Imagine a Mafia gang that has been raking off a share of profits for decades. One day it decides to increase its take by eliminating the middle man. At the same time, it can create turmoil which always provides new opportunities.

One thing is for sure: Our “leaders” care little about human rights and democracy.

and:

Globalist Stooge ElBaradei Prepares To Hijack Egyptian Revolution

http://www.infowars.com/globalist-stooge-elbaradei-prepares-to-hijack-egyptian-revolution/

Zbigniew Brzezinski has called for Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to step down as globalist stooge Mohammed ElBaradei prepares to act as the pied piper for a revolution that has been hijacked by the global elite.

Speaking with fellow CFR member Christiane Amanpour, Brzezinski told ABC News’ This Week that Mubarak must be convinced by “outside advice” that “It is in his interest as well as in Egypt’s interest that he goes and that he sets in motion a process which facilitates that.”

Although Brzezinski warned of a “global political awakening” during a CFR meeting last year that threatened to topple the existing international order, it is unsurprising that Brzezinski is calling for the ousting of Mubarak despite the fact that he has been a dutiful servant to the new world order elite.

It became known in Brzezinski’s globalist circles at least three years ago that Egypt was teetering on the edge of revolt and that another political entity would fill the inevitable vacuum of power if the elite didn’t get ahead of the game.

That’s why the American Embassy trained rebel leaders to infiltrate opposition groups from the very beginning, as the Telegraph revealed on Saturday.

The geopolitical maneuverings of the US military-industrial complex don’t take away from the fact that the revolt in Egypt is driven by genuine grievances relating to spiraling food prices, high unemployment, policy brutality and the grass-roots drive to unseat a 30 year dictatorship.

However, if they allow globalist carpetbagger Mohammed ElBaradei to seize power, demonstrators are ensuring that their actions are in vain and ultimately worthless.

Addressing protesters in Cairo yesterday, ElBaradei demanded Mubarak step down and promised “change within days”.

“You are the owners of this revolution. You are the future,” ElBaradei declared. “Our essential demand is the departure of the regime and the beginning of a new Egypt in which each Egyptian lives in virtue, freedom and dignity.”

Egyptians may be the owners of the revolution, but the owners of ElBaradei himself are busy hijacking that revolution by installing a puppet that will be just as compliant with Egypt continuing as a globalist client state as Mubarak has been for the past 30 years. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Won’t get fooled again?

ElBaradei serves on the Board of Trustees of the International Crisis Group, who on Friday issued a press release protesting the decision on behalf of Egyptian authorities to place ElBaradei under house arrest.

International Crisis Group is a shadowy NGO (non-governmental organization) that enjoys an annual budget of over $15 million and is bankrolled by the likes of Carnegie, the Ford Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as George Soros’ Open Society Institute. Soros himself serves as a member of the organization’s Executive Committee.

In other words, this is a major geopolitical steering group for the global elite.

The fact that their man ElBaradei is being primed to head up the post-Mubarak government should set alarm bells ringing in the ears of every demonstrator who is protesting in the name of trying to wrestle Egypt away from the clutches of new world order control.

Indeed, even Mubarak himself is now seemingly catching on to the understanding that his usefulness to the global power elite has run its course, remarking during a national address Saturday that the protests were “part of a bigger plot to shake the stability and destroy the legitimacy” of the political system.

ElBaradei is the central figure in a long term plot to subvert and steer the outcome of a revolution that the global elite knew was coming three years ahead of time. Although his installation as puppet president may see political freedoms temporarily restored as a symbolic gesture, Egypt’s destiny will still be firmly under the control of the same parties that have pulled Mubarak’s strings for the past three decades.

Sham Afghanistan-style rigged elections will ensue where the Egyptian people are given the false decision of choosing between two globalist-controlled puppets. The international media will hail the event as a momentous occasion for democracy in the Middle East and broadcast endless images of purple fingers, but the true legacy of the revolution will be eviscerated and Egyptians will eventually realize that they were the victims of a cruel deception.

^ i am pretty close to several egyptian natives and i can assure you, this is not at all how they see it.

they are quite happy, and think it's a chance for real democracy.

they don't see the activism as being engineered at all, but a spontaneous outpouring of what's been building for 30 years.

you can see how iran is reacting for spin, and even they think it's closer to iran's islamic revolution than yet another west-engineered-movement

if anything, most in the middle east see this as an example of how little influence the west now has..

mubarak is our ally, we hardly want him and his iron fist gone, who knows what could replace him.

i also think the article writer shows how little they know about the true nature of the situation by suggesting the removal of mubarak would be good for israel

far from it, egypt is currently their only ally in the region

and there is NO WAY of knowing whatever 'new' government in egypt will act toward past peace agreements made with israel.

i also find it simply hilarious that the writer would associate MI6 and the muslim brotherhood, who are not even close to being allies of the west.

uninformed, highly paranoid conspiracy bullshit is basically what i think of the article.

and to call former IAEA head el baradai a stooge is unbelievably misguided.

^ i am pretty close to several egyptian natives and i can assure you, this is not at all how they see it.

they are quite happy, and think it's a chance for real democracy.

they don't see the activism as being engineered at all, but a spontaneous outpouring of what's been building for 30 years.

i also think the article writer shows how little they know about the true nature of the situation by suggesting the removal of mubarak would be good for israel

far from it, egypt is currently their only ally in the region

and there is NO WAY of knowing whatever 'new' government in egypt will act toward past peace agreements made with israel.

i also find it simply hilarious that the writer would associate MI6 and the muslim brotherhood, who are not even close to being allies of the west.

uninformed, misguided conspiracy bullshit is basically what i think of the article.

what about everything brought up concerning the opposition leader?

i also don't believe that the article insinuated that the uprising was at all engineered, i believe it was saying that instead it is being co-opted by globalist forces in order to put in a new leader that would further serve their interests. meaning, that at the grassroots the revolution is legitimate yet it is being manipulated for political purposes to further a globalist agenda. the opposition leader's ties to globalist institutions can't be denied...

you seem like you already have your opinion, so why ask what people think of the articles?

it's quite ridiculous to think that the west is majorly in favor of this whole thing. and honestly, what does it matter what the rest of the article says when the writer has his 'facts' all fucked up

Egypt uprising, people chant “not religious nor military but civilian".

you seem like you already have your opinion, so why ask what people think of the articles?

it's quite ridiculous to think that the west is majorly in favor of this whole thing. and honestly, what does it matter what the rest of the article says when the writer has his 'facts' all fucked up

Egypt uprising, people chant “not religious nor military but civilian".

i didn't say anything about my opinion, i honestly have no idea whats going on over there i was reiterating what you seemed to have misunderstood about the article. what facts are fucked up in the article?

Alex Jones and his ilk will find a 'globalist boogeyman' in the shadows of every major political event. In fact it is his organisations mandate to do so. While occasionally these kinds of media outlets will say something interesting that more mainstream editors are not willing to touch, that little corn kernel of succulent truth will always be found in large steaming pile of turd. Zig's article is the proof.

just a couple things that caught my eye and piqued my interest in that quoted blog post:

Referring to ElBaradei:

"(He and his agency won the 2005 Nobel Prize.)"

The 2005 Nobel prize was also won by playwright Harold Pinter, Robert J. Aumann and Thomas C. Schelling. Yves Chauvin, Robert H. Grubbs and Richard R. Schrock, Roy J. Glauber, and John L. Hall, and Theodor W. Hänsch, and Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren. Everyone of them a frontman for the Tides foundation.

" Imagine a Mafia gang that has been raking off a share of profits for decades."

Imagine a potato that's fallen in love with a rock... a married rock. No wait, imagine octopus farts.

"...Masonic Muslim Brotherhood..."

The Muslim Brotherhood is poisoning the wells!

"...Sham Afghanistan-style rigged elections... endless images of purple fingers..."

Maybe they could use that as a color scheme! Though, in the real world the 'purple fingers' are actually related to the sham Iraq- style rigged elections and have absolutely nothing to do with the sham Afghanisan- style rigged elections. Just sayin'...

Mostly though I want to know what the hell Soros is gonna do when he's achieved global domination? I mean, aside from taking our guns and forcing us to buy health insurance and accept evolution as a valid biological occurence but... THEN WHAT?

So, yeah, I'm gonna keep watching this revolution on the by the "Illuminati-controlled mass media" and see what develops, hopefully they'll keep the bloodshed to a minimum.

• Like 1

International Crisis Group is a shadowy NGO (non-governmental organization) that enjoys an annual budget of over $15 million and is bankrolled by the likes of Carnegie, the Ford Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as George Soros’ Open Society Institute. Soros himself serves as a member of the organization’s Executive Committee.

In other words, this is a major geopolitical steering group for the global elite.

this alone is complete bullshit. anyone that knows anything about the ICG knows it is not shadowy (in fact, one of the most transparent), is not political (its only mission is to reduce conflict worldwide, and as you can see in many of their recommendations, cuts across all sorts of ideological lines).

Also, obviously el Baradei is not a 'global carpetbagger' of the world's elite. He has consistently gone against world powers while he was head of the IAEA, and it may indeed be true that he has little popular support (though that point is undermined by the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood endorsed him to represent negotiations for a national unity govt).

The only thing stopping this thing from being a slam dunk success isn't that 'the global elite aren't convinced yet', its that the army doesn't appear to be convinced. the people and the govt. are jockeying to secure army support, watch who they've nominated to the new govt, how the people have been going way out of their way to claim that the army is on their side, how the army is playing the fence (accepting govt. positions, but also saying that they won't fire on demonstrators), etc. This is essentially a contest over the army, because, as is obvious, when a military stops backing a dictator, thats a wrap.

this is a result of me caring too much, but it really upsets me that there are definitely people out there that ONLY read shit like infowars.com and live in a parallel universe. it really is disgraceful that those people would mislead so many.

• Like 1

^isn't it disgraceful though? i completely agree.

i wonder how many people who would otherwise be valuable critics of government get turned into paranoid lunatics by these conspiracy sites that make liberal use of myth and hyperbole to make a point.

thanks guys, for pointing out some of the factual holes in that 'story'

\i am totally done with arguing people who believe, or even read, that bullshit.

this alone is complete bullshit. anyone that knows anything about the ICG knows it is not shadowy (in fact, one of the most transparent), is not political (its only mission is to reduce conflict worldwide, and as you can see in many of their recommendations, cuts across all sorts of ideological lines).

Also, obviously el Baradei is not a 'global carpetbagger' of the world's elite. He has consistently gone against world powers while he was head of the IAEA, and it may indeed be true that he has little popular support (though that point is undermined by the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood endorsed him to represent negotiations for a national unity govt).

Well, the fact is still that the ICG does seem to be a nonprofit, multi-national humanitarian organisation, something that raises funds from individual donors, probably some being among the world's elite I have no doubt. el Baradei is also a frequenter of collaborative meetings between the worlds elite such as those that occur in Davos and I wouldn't be surprised if he attends Bidlerberg's. Not saying this means anything, it just goes along with the "global carpetbagger" statement from the article since he is obviously rubbing elbows with these people among these communities, who knows where he stands ideologically and what he would bring to the table in terms of the direction for Egypt's policies were he to take power. Bringing Democracy is all well and good, but do you really already trust this man entirely to lead Egypt to freedom... which is what they want. You're already 100% certain el Baradei and his backers are the best people for the job? I'm not so convinced by the few tidbits focused on and attacked here from the articles I posted by you guys, more so... I just notice how it instantly triggers a lot of anger and very hateful responses lol. Seems to touch nerves very easily...

I wouldn't go so far as to say people who read these articles live in an alternate reality either, i frequently check various different sources on the internet to read different perspectives of whatever political event is occurring and gather as much as i can from those conflicting perspectives. it's really interesting to see how other sides are viewing and reporting the story... i'd say mainstream media does just about as much if not more fact twisting and story spinning. the spiteful hatred towards alternative media around here though is a bit much.

yes, when people state bullshit as fact it's irritating, and there is a lot of that going around, especially on blogs, where any idiot has a voice and an audience..

i also wouldn't call our reaction to the bullshit spiteful hatred, i'd call it vociferously and vigorously defending truth.

you seem to reach for the hyperbole as well.

...so, there are some premature reports that mubarak has said he will not run in next year's elections.

the regime has blinked one too many times i think...

mubarak is supposed to address the people again this evening with 'a solution'

..and it ain't the Tienanmen one either. ha

Zig, check out http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/about.aspx .... I regard them as among the best sources of info, as did all of my political science professors in university.... And el Baradei may or may not have gone to Davos in the past (he is not/has not been a minister of finance). For the record, I don't think its bad at all that Ministers of Finance from all over the world meet once in a while, imagine if they didn't?? That doesn't mean they are conspiring to 'globalize' the world (which I don't even necessarily see the beef in, is it a nationalist backlash?) Typically, they talk about much more mundane things - currency revaluations, tariffs on Brazilian/American cotton, etc etc.

Anyways, I am hesitant to read too much 'analysis' about anything regarding Egypt yet. From what I can gather from the live news, the people seem very disorganized and from all facets, so at this point analysts are picking and choosing from among the randomness to prove their own points. Therefore, infowars et al can seize the opportunity to say, "THIS IS SOROS ALL OVER AGAIN, DIDNT YOU SEE HOW THEY CALL IT THE JASMINE REVOLUTION IN TUNISIA'' blah blah, Al Jazeera will say, "this is proof once again that the people want and need democracy'' (something theyve been saying all along since their exception), the US is saying, ''this proves what weve been sayign all along'' (despite the fact theyve just been talking, and not putting forth any actual incentives to reform), Israel is talking about how this proves the need for stability in the region (pointing to similarities with the Iranian revolution) etc.

Right now, stuff is still so fluid that is seems pointless to analyze. To me, it seems that if the economy was humming along, food/fuel prices hadn't risen a lot recently and if the people didn't have such a go-to example of success next door (IE, if this dictatorship was functioning like the one in China), there proably would not be protests. I'd also point to the fact that it seems that all classes, all ideologies, secularists and islamists alike (I saw an interview where one of the protesters was talking about how it is us Christians and Muslims united against Mubarak), so it is more of a protest against the status quo than a Soros-inspired, etc. movement (of which no evidence exists).

One thing's for sure though - Mubarak is about to spend the rest of his days in a very nice villa on a waterfront somewhere in exile. Not bad.

the violence in egypt is just horrible.

personally, i am really concerned as to how this violence is going to effect the election in sudan. i think a lot of coverage on this in the us has been a disappointment to me.

i remember being at the gym one day and seeing riots on the tv happening in london over a measure being introduced into parliament regarding tuition increases. and the coverage in that half hour with subtitles was more focused and informational than the weeks leading up to this.

us reporting is so dismal on the middle east that any time something happens us journalists are running around like mad chickens with our heads cut off.

anyways, i wish that the news coverage would stop being so isolated as to treat egypt as an isolated incident. these things don't happen in isolation. i really liked the futurists article that was posted.

i think there are several possibilities for the future of egypt, but mostly i see some sort of pacification and quick fix because stability is key to to many vested interests.

i think some points that i am thinking are really important to "quick" pacification are the recent oil and natural gas reserves found off the coast of palestine/isreal(whatever the fuck you want to call it) and the elections in sudan.

i know i am not the only person that would like to see a peace mediated in sudan. i think it is also important to note that this is a product of modernity at one of its finest points. i never thought i would say that.

but seriously! fucking technology my friend. and rising literacy. can you imagine the spread of information and degree of networking that has occurred because of the prevalence and huge role internet plays in our life every day.

does anyone remember the book, "the revolution will not be televised"? gotta admit. i got that book for free and never fucking read it. but shit just based off of title. the revolution sure as shit is being broadcast through the internet.

i just hope the us stays as hands off as fucking possible.

laughslast there isn't much violence in egypt right now. menino i think you are correct, i have some links at the bottom

i was speaking with my friend, an egyptian, who is in close contact with her friends and family back home. people are safe.

two of her friends are actually returning to egypt thursday.

there have been 100 killed in protests across the entire country, but millions are marching and demonstrating peacefully with no retribution from the military, and the police have largely backed away.

apparently there are armed citizen militias protecting neighborhoods.

egypt is a peaceful place.

our current administration, for the most part, seems to know that is shouldn't step in and do anything. i do wish they were more openly supportive of the people, but we have propped up that military and i'm thankful we';re not trying to direct the response.

i too hope for a better situation in sudan

i agree that reporting on such issues is abysmal. i often look to BBC, reuters and NPR for news

and al jazeera for a more international perspective.

the sudan thing, that's another situation entirely though, i don't see it relating to egypt in any way. juts like the demonstrations we saw in iran a few months ago had nothing to do with what we're seeing in egypt.

just some thoughts

http://af.reuters.com/article/sudanNews/idAFMCD16298520110201?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5huX6q-5VlYpIIFjdnTidRCOnMBiA?docId=CNG.0a272664987adaa3bf793f4d11f4fe3a.931

A whopping 99.57 percent of southern voters opted for independence from the north in a landmark referendum last month, according to preliminary results announced on Sunday.

Final results from the vote, which was the centrepiece of a 2005 peace deal that ended a devastating 22-year civil war between north and south, are not expected until later this month but the landslide majority for secession is set to put the south on the path to international recognition in July.

Zig, check out http://www.crisisgroup.org/en/about.aspx .... I regard them as among the best sources of info, as did all of my political science professors in university.... And el Baradei may or may not have gone to Davos in the past (he is not/has not been a minister of finance). For the record, I don't think its bad at all that Ministers of Finance from all over the world meet once in a while, imagine if they didn't?? That doesn't mean they are conspiring to 'globalize' the world (which I don't even necessarily see the beef in, is it a nationalist backlash?) Typically, they talk about much more mundane things - currency revaluations, tariffs on Brazilian/American cotton, etc etc.

Anyways, I am hesitant to read too much 'analysis' about anything regarding Egypt yet. From what I can gather from the live news, the people seem very disorganized and from all facets, so at this point analysts are picking and choosing from among the randomness to prove their own points. Therefore, infowars et al can seize the opportunity to say, "THIS IS SOROS ALL OVER AGAIN, DIDNT YOU SEE HOW THEY CALL IT THE JASMINE REVOLUTION IN TUNISIA'' blah blah, Al Jazeera will say, "this is proof once again that the people want and need democracy'' (something theyve been saying all along since their exception), the US is saying, ''this proves what weve been sayign all along'' (despite the fact theyve just been talking, and not putting forth any actual incentives to reform), Israel is talking about how this proves the need for stability in the region (pointing to similarities with the Iranian revolution) etc.

Right now, stuff is still so fluid that is seems pointless to analyze. To me, it seems that if the economy was humming along, food/fuel prices hadn't risen a lot recently and if the people didn't have such a go-to example of success next door (IE, if this dictatorship was functioning like the one in China), there proably would not be protests. I'd also point to the fact that it seems that all classes, all ideologies, secularists and islamists alike (I saw an interview where one of the protesters was talking about how it is us Christians and Muslims united against Mubarak), so it is more of a protest against the status quo than a Soros-inspired, etc. movement (of which no evidence exists).

One thing's for sure though - Mubarak is about to spend the rest of his days in a very nice villa on a waterfront somewhere in exile. Not bad.

yea i'll check that out, and i agree with you

Not that I want to turn this into something else, I just find it odd when people in some other part of the world take to the streets to gain at least some sort of power back to the people it's usually regarded as a good thing, when people do it in here (the United States of America) it's thrown down as some FOX driven propaganda campaign, that has no merit or right. For some reason the people here in America who feel a similar rage, are delusional.

On topic though, I hope everything works out for the benefit of the people, and not another regime that will turn things in the middle east for the worse.

Are We Witnessing the Start of a Global Revolution?

North Africa and the Global Political Awakening, Part 1

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22963

An uprising in Tunisia led to the overthrow of the country’s 23-year long dictatorship of President Ben Ali. A new ‘transitional’ government was formed, but the protests continued demanding a totally new government without the relics of the previous tyranny. Protests in Algeria have continued for weeks, as rage mounts against rising food prices, corruption and state oppression. Protests in Jordan forced the King to call on the military to surround cities with tanks and set up checkpoints. Tens of thousands of protesters marched on Cairo demanding an end to the 30-year dictatorship of Hosni Mubarak. Thousands of activists, opposition leaders and students rallied in the capitol of Yemen against the corrupt dictatorship of President Saleh, in power since 1978. Saleh has been, with U.S. military assistance, attempting to crush a rebel movement in the north and a massive secessionist movement growing in the south, called the “Southern Movement.” Protests in Bolivia against rising food prices forced the populist government of Evo Morales to backtrack on plans to cut subsidies. Chile erupted in protests as demonstrators railed against rising fuel prices. Anti-government demonstrations broke out in Albania, resulting in the deaths of several protesters.

It seems as if the world is entering the beginnings of a new revolutionary era: the era of the ‘Global Political Awakening.’ While this ‘awakening’ is materializing in different regions, different nations and under different circumstances, it is being largely influenced by global conditions. The global domination by the major Western powers, principally the United States, over the past 65 years, and more broadly, centuries, is reaching a turning point. The people of the world are restless, resentful, and enraged. Change, it seems, is in the air. As the above quotes from Brzezinski indicate, this development on the world scene is the most radical and potentially dangerous threat to global power structures and empire. It is not a threat simply to the nations in which the protests arise or seek change, but perhaps to a greater degree, it is a threat to the imperial Western powers, international institutions, multinational corporations and banks that prop up, arm, support and profit from these oppressive regimes around the world. Thus, America and the West are faced with a monumental strategic challenge: what can be done to stem the Global Political Awakening? Zbigniew Brzezinski is one of the chief architects of American foreign policy, and arguably one of the intellectual pioneers of the system of globalization. Thus, his warnings about the 'Global Political Awakening' are directly in reference to its nature as a threat to the prevailing global hierarchy. As such, we must view the 'Awakening' as the greatest hope for humanity. Certainly, there will be mainy failures, problems, and regressions; but the 'Awakening' has begun, it is underway, and it cannot be so easily co-opted or controlled as many might assume.

sorry for more of the analytical, as i know some of you here are still mainly focused on the day to day turn of events regarding this situation.. this was in response to ILOTS comment...