***Streaming Service "Instant" Watch***

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

true dick season 2 was supposed to be so goddamned bad. meh. prolly not gonna bother.

It's probably painfully obvious from my moniker that I'm a fan, but I absolutely loved TD season 2. Honestly, once you understand it, it is almost

as good as the first season. The two problems IMO are that there were too many leads for an eight episode season. They should have either given Nic(writer) four more episodes, or kept it to Collin, Vince, and Rachel. The second problem, and HBO admitted this, they rushed him because they were blood thirsty to repeat the success.

Not to sound like an egomaniac, but I think it goes over most people's heads. You have to watch it twice to appreciate it fully.

The first viewing was good, but I was disappointed due to the epicness of the first season.

Recently, I went back and watched it a second and third time, and once you're not spending your time wondering who is who, and what

is going on, it is a very enjoyable, very awesome piece of TV.

At least give it a look.......

How anyone can watch this scene and not think this show is the shit is beyond me.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anybody watch the comedy specials Netflix has put out? Recently saw Seinfeld, Chappelle, Amy Schumer and...... they weren't funny?!?! Not sure I finished any of those.

Schumer's act has become stank over time, probably too many hands getting into it or something. Now her act is like I'm a drunk, my pussy stinks, I'm a ho, let me act out cum sitting on my head. Not a lot of laughs left there. Seinfeld's was a mix of new and quite old material, didn't know people still like to see a 20 year old bit performed. He is a funny guy, so disappoint. And Chappelle.... such a funny fucker, drew so much attention to numerous social issues with his show and then... yeah, humor in his special did not seem to match up.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

So the good news is I just watched the newer Chappelle specials, Equanimity, and The Bird Revelation. MUCH better than the prior Netflix one I saw, this is more like Chappelle Show Dave. The Bird Revelation is the better one IMO, I'd watch it 2nd if you're watching both. Dave hits on a lot of current shit I've been tempted to rant about on here, was pretty funny to hear someone else's observations... I lked it.

• Like 1

Equanimity was hilarious, the bit on Rachel Dolezal was at the top for me.

The Bird Revelation was more conversational I guess? I enjoyed it, and hope it will stir more "woke" conversations and introduce people who like Chappelle simply for Rick James/Couch memes to some of these heavier conversations. The first 20 or so minutes when he was talking about current Hollywood seemed very from-the-hip and a lot less refined than most of his jokes, didn't think the punchlines in that segment were as solid. I guess that is what process looks like?

Also, I thought the first special was decent. Not mind blowing, but better than most of the netflix stand up shows that I stop watching within 10 minutes... I "worked" through the Judah Friedlander special (something about America #1 country) and had a few chuckles, only one standout joke along the lines of " Mike Pence believes being gay is a choice because he chose to be straight."

Won't waste my time with Schumer, might try Seinfeld. Being on satellite internet now I have limited data and have to ration my streaming (100 gigs a month down and up) so a lot of shows I would normally just space out through I am forced to rate and rank... firstworldproblems...