America could be losing it's drinking water

ink face

So I'd never heard of this until yesterday, it's called hydraulic fracturing, and it's how natural gas is

drilled out the ground. Basically the short version is that these natural gas companies go to people and

offer something like $5000/acre to drill on their land, but fail to mention that the "frakking" process

involves injecting millions of gallons of chemical infused water into the ground to break apart the

underground rock which makes more gas accessible. This process is leaving about half of the water that is

injected each time(one well can be frakked as many as 18 times in it's life), and is currently unregulated

by the EPA as it is no longer held accountable to the clean water act. So basically, people's drinking

water from all over the country has been turning undrinkable after these wells are put near their water

supplies, so much so that it is common for people affected to be able to actually light the water coming

out of their faucets ON FIRE. This documentary that's out on HBO called GASLAND gets much more in

depth, here's a link to a show with the director on PBS which gives a general overview of what's

happening. The scariest part, aside from losing our drinking water, is that no one's even talking about

this. It's been happening for almost 10 years now, and going unregulated for 5, how much damage has

already been done?

the pbs interview;

http://video.pbs.org/video/1452296560/

the movie :GASLAND;

http://www.sbs.com.au/films/movie/9626/GasLand-

if this link doesn't work, sorry, but it was the only one i could find. If you have HBO you can watch

the movie ON DEMAND under hbo documentaries.

discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's happening there and many other place, so far they are doing this type of drilling in 34 states. They

are looking at setting up as many as 200,000 wells above or near the new york city water supply, putting

nearly 16 million people's drinking water at risk. pretty fucking serious if you asked me.

The facts will never be straight. It's all propaganda. A good friend of mine works for one of these drilling companies in PA, what he tells me does not coincide with the media even to a minimum.

You might want to consider what he actually knows based on first hand experience versus what has he been told numerous times by his employers. There's probably a disconnect there.

I don't have to deal with this personally, but I do know that a lot of environmental issues tend to sound far fetched at first....once it's too hard to ignore and/or science bears it out to be true, that's when it becomes a crusade.