JUST GOT UVERSE... Fiber Optics = wave of future?

nsmbfan

the short story: don't waste your time

I hate Time Warner because they cap my download speeds on torrents and everywhere else to about 1.7mbps downstream- when I order their 10mbps line. I figure fiber optic must be faster, let's find out.

$94 after taxes and fees - cable with showtime and 10mbps internet from Time Warner (using Roadrunner internet)

VERSUS

$134 after taxes and fees - cable with HBO and 18mbps internet from AT&T Uverse

Ordered AT&T Uverse yesterday. They installed this morning. The guy was on time - 9am on the dot....

THE INSTALLATION TOOK 3 HOURS.... 3 fucking hours... oh well at least it's installed...

Fuck...All my channels on TV are different. Not that I watch TV too much anyways, but god dammit now I can't find anything....

The internet speed. Maybe that would redeem this shit.

I ordered the 18mbps (fastest they offer?) from UVERSE.... I get between 800kbps and 1.4mbps downstream from nvidia.com when I download my drivers and about 1.4mbps on torrents

how is it fucking slower??? HOW DAMN YOU?!@?!!?!

I check my ping times, usually I get 10-20ms with time warner on a specific gameserver I use.... TELL ME WHY I HAVE A 60ms PING WITH UVERSE?

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH CAN HAPPEN IN 40 MILLISECONDS?

FUCK AT&T - FUCK FIBER OPTICS - it's not even truly fiber optic. Sure they run fiber optic into a junction box - BUT THEN IT GOES INTO UTP (twisted pair - aka, normal cat5 cable) WHEN IT GOES INTO YOUR HOUSE!!!

Um... bottleneck? Did they forget to advertise that?

And the coup de grace...

THEY GAVE ME A USB DONGLE TO USE IN MY DESKTOP PC... :D wtf this shit isn't built for speed

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If nothing else, please let my bitching serve to protect you innocent dumb fucks from buying a shitty service provider. Keep Time Warner (can't believe I fucking said that)

/endrant

middle-finger.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i constantly bitch about comcast's service, but i've heard that at&t is the fucking worst. they're still only offering dsl in my area but after hearing this i probably won't even consider uverse when they have it.

i'm hella cool with my neighbor upstairs, so i think were gonna split the internet and satellite bills soon and much cheaper service so we don't feel like we're paying for bullshit. hopefully it's hassle free and works out.

It's funny how no one guarantees a specific speed but when marketing throws out a made up number people believe commercials.

There is absolutely no way one company will be faster than another in virtually all cases since they're using the same infrastructure.

Unless the cable guy shows up in your house with a fiber optics modem "Fios" don't mean shit and never will outside of marketing/advertising.

I've never once seen someone switch companies and their speed changed noticeably.

There is absolutely no way one company will be faster than another in virtually all cases since they're using the same infrastructure.

Unless the cable guy shows up in your house with a fiber optics modem "Fios" don't mean shit and never will outside of marketing/advertising.

YES EXACTLY.

The cable guy corrected me when I was explaining this technology to my sister. He explicitly told me that he still uses UTP twisted pair cable (cat5) to run it from the box to the house

SHANANIGANS!!!

Witch%20Broomstick%20%20-%20Small%20Wispy%20Halloween%20Costume%20Accessories.detail.jpg

BoardGameswithScott.jpg

http://boardgamepodcasts.com/show/BoardGameswithScott

Board Games with Scott

Join Scott Nicholson on his monthly exploration of board games! Scott explains and reviews a different board game on this video series. These short reviews will introduce you to strategy games, party games, family games, and other types of board and

Host: Scott Nicholson

Topics: Reviews, Tutorial & Instructions, Video

Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/boardgameswithscott

This is a regular video with description and reviews of boardgames and card games. In each episode, Scott Nicholson looks at one board game, explains how it is played, and reviews it. You'll get an idea of how the boardgame works and enough information to help you decide if it's a game you might like. Try out the growing world of board games that go far beyond Monopoly!

1121682910.png

1121688801.png

those results are inconclusive

i'm beginning to think we're all on the same connection, and the ISP's are all lying to us.

as for 18mbps upload.... MUST BE NICE LIVING IN VERMONT.... $10 SAYS YOU'RE WHITE AND RELATED TO A POLITICIAN SOMEHOW

• Like 1