Technology Addicted

KILZ FILLZ

i have the same exact phone pretty much. my contract is up in april or may and i really hope they just let me get a stupid phone instead of trying to sell me on a blackberry or iphone. my fiancee had a problem with her phone a few months ago and instead of just replacing the phone like they should have, they were extra pushy about selling her a smartphone plan. it's gonna get to the point where you'll have to get a data plan just to have a cellphone.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the same exact phone pretty much. my contract is up in april or may and i really hope they just let me get a stupid phone instead of trying to sell me on a blackberry or iphone. my fiancee had a problem with her phone a few months ago and instead of just replacing the phone like they should have, they were extra pushy about selling her a smartphone plan. it's gonna get to the point where you'll have to get a data plan just to have a cellphone.

that's already happening my dude, look at what type of phones they are only making.

Actually a mate and i were talking about this the other day and how more and more people are growing up with their mindset focused on online social status, appearance and what not.

And how the fuckers are obsessed with creating their own fluffed up propaganda to make themselves appear more attractive (fat bitch downwards photo) or successful than they really are (posing next to another persons baller car).

And how people who need to peg and rank themselves all the time are obviously lacking in substance.

Oh and how this mindset is only creating more fucking wanker PR, marketing, events, fluffbag oner people studying at fluffed up private colleges who at the end of the day dont contribute much to society

I agree with all of this. In the industry I work in, everyone has a blog, twitter, facebook, linkedin, quora, and a bunch of other profiles. I don't really partake otherwise in the whole deal. I've found 99% of the people who are not worth talking to are the ones who create 90% of the content on these outlets. They're trying to create an 'online presence' that sets them up to be a so-called 'expert' on the chosen niche. The thing is, the people who are doing big things and actually moving the industry along barely partake in these masturbatory exercises. When they do tweet or whatever, you can bet it's worth listening to what they have to say.

And don't get me started on when you meet one of the 99%ers in real life. It's a non stop buzzword-fest and regurgitation of obvious 'insight' into things that are happening that they picked up off of other blogs and shit.

tl;dr: The more you facebooktweetblog, the less you have to say.

someone mentioned cancer associated with cell phones and laptops....

read DISCONNECT. anything with a wireless signal increases risks of tumors. clinical studies have contributed strong evidence.

but people make money making and selling cell phones so nobody hears much about it.

i haven't had facebook in over a year and i have a cheap flip phone which i keep off when i'm not using. it feels good. but i still go on this damn website way too much. i'm definitely a little addicted to the oontz. and i pretty much quit graffiti and shoplifting in order to make a better life for myself and be a "real" person. so why do i come on here? humor i guess. more people with similar viewpoints. although some of us don't have facebook accounts we still must care about internet reputation since so many of us react negatively when we get negged.....it would feel wonderful to not use a computer at ALL for a while.

too bad i have to for work.

i wish i worked on a farm...producing something concrete that people really fucking need.

:l

kill your tv, tinfoil hat, etc etc

lately my tv has been doing amazing things..

i got this kinect... i swear if u told me it worked my magic i'd believe you

also i discovered black ops online...

i think i see why people play this all the time. more exciting than "not being shot at" ? i get killed a fucking whole lot.

tv itself is good. fuck the jews. i guess is my point.

edit: don't fuck the jews.... although my buddy is fucking a half jew... she is hawt for a jew.... just saying

edit edit: ok he made an honest woman out of her.

This is how I roll, $19 bucks with my contract renewal. I can drop it into the alligator pit at the zoo and it wouldn't matter either way.

Lately I find myself trying to simplify my life.

LG-Accolade-VX5600-angle.jpg

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUCKING THIS

never pay for a smart phone oner

might as well call me Bernie

i swear to god, facebook is the fuckin worst.

i also hate those girls who you are introduced to briefly, then not two hours later theres a friend request pending.

we're friends now? because i said "hi nice to meet you"?

hoes love padding their internet friendslists to make themselves out to be more popular than they really are.

scust.

/cantdeletesoimadeactivateoner.

i co-sign this. i also co-sign this thread. it sucks because I TRULY am addicted. I go to work and sit on the computer for 5 hours..then I go home from work to 'relax' by sitting on the computer for the rest of the night. as it doesnt help that it is too cold to go outside. I do still enjoy getting off the computer and busting out a quick sketch though.

last night i decided i was gonna get high and not go on my computer. i get high and then walk around my house in circles not knowing what to do haha.

• Like 1

I haven't had a cell phone since 2008. Google Voice for messages/SMS and a landline (with caller ID block) for me.

I have a FB account that's more or less used for email since everyone I know seems to have quit using straight email for FB. I check it once a day and post pics on it/say stuff once in a great while.

As far as 12 oz....when I was depressed about certain things in my life I was on here a lot because it passed the time and kept my mind off those things. Lately I've been busy with other shit so I haven't been as bummed or had as much time to kill. I don't pay much attention to what anyone thinks of me here. I feel like I'm as honest as I need to be with a bunch of people I'll probably never meet in person, and besides being judgmental it's usually completely wrong.

I wholeheartedly believe that technology is what will make or break us, yet I find that it's impossible to get people to understand what that really means.

• Like 1