Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KILZ FILLZ

Technology Addicted

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm glad i deleted my FB account.... to think that girls I know have like in excess of 2600 pictures of their face/self is FUCKING MIND-BLOWING RETARDED and it's a sport to get 400 more per weekend. Weapon, it is true, the way kids, and adult's who act like children cant become unglued from their phones is a sign of the times. These people are attracted to False Bullshit and will not ever ponder life with out face book or BBM again. Fucking scary shit, I am so glad I deleted my FB, fucking faggot ass photo album fagitry.

Kids? I know people who are 30 plus who don't lift their heads from their phones at bars and parties. They're just chatting away about bullshit gossip on their BBM.

i fucking hate this shit, especially at bars.

i'll be at the bar with friends, and they'll all be texting the person sitting two seats away.. or surfing the web.... someone will talk... they'll put a couple words into the conversation without looking up from their phone... meanwhile.. me and the other 3-4 people who can disconnect from technology for more then 20 seconds are having conversations... and the people on the phone realize it 30 minutes later, and wanna hop in on it for 2 seconds then go back to texting..

or like someone said before, girls at house parties... standing there... head down looking at their phone, dancing looking at their phone, half drunken sleeping on the floor looking at their phone... annoying as fuck...

i also find it funny, how both young and mid 30's - 50's people who are addicted to technology.. can't function out in public... earlier today.. walking down the street.. everyone i saw walking towards me... was not on their phone.. but once they got closer.. they'd pull out their phone and put their heads down, so they don't have to have any human interaction.. i saw this while sitting at a local pizza spot eating lunch watching people pass by.... no one wants human contact anymore, everyones too focused on their phones.. no one knows how to act in public or around other humans without a phone.... people in line.. don't talk about random things with each other anymore, everyones too afraid of contact with a random person they all act like they are busy on their phones to avoid having any sort of contact with another human...

some people on here know me... i don't really like computers, or phones... i'll use my computer for 3 weeks.. then vanish off the computer world, and my phone will turn off for 3-4 months at a time... but the real crew know how to get a hold of me / know where i'm at and stuff... then i'll come back on here and realize how stupid it is to spend tons of time on a website... and the same cycle will happen again... -- hermit1erhateroftechnologyrock.

I think I'm hooked on 'checking in' places.

this is fucking dumb, it's the newer generations technological addiction and insecure feelings that they think everyone wants to know where the fuck they are, every second of the day.

same thing with Twitter, so fucking stupid, this generations need for instant satisfaction and instant answers, i don't care, or wanna know what people are doing 24/7... but some people are so emotionally and time invested in checking twitter, fb, over and over they feel the need to always know what everyone else is doing... and think other people wanna know what they are doing 24/7

especially people who post their home on FB... and then post where they are at some where else...

if your profile is public, it's just another way for a thief to know when someone isn't home...

i know it sounds kind of far fetched, but it's happened before to people because they checked in at home... one time... and then checked in somewhere else... and someone happened to break into their house...

happened to a co-worker of mine... he lived right across the street from the office... and his house just happened to get broken into when he posted a status about how he was at work from 8-10 then taking the rest of the day off... it was obviously someone who was friends with him in the first place because they only stole, his ak-47, shotgun, handgun, all his DJ shit, 3 laptops, numerous boxes of records, ipods, xbox, 2 iphones, etc... funny thing was... one of the phones camera.. directly linked to photobucket... and whoever stole the shit took a picture of his girlfriend and it posted to photobucket.... don't know if they ever found the dude.... haven't talked to the guy in a long time..

--coolstorybr00

long term cell phone use can give you cancer what's up with that..

cells phones are moving gps coordinates. and they all got cameras now..

everythings got a camera..

tvs have cameras now...this is the age of being monitored..if you don't believe me just look at the situation in london where there is 1 survelance camera per 3 people. there is talk of government incentives, tax breaks and the like for people who watch suvelance cameras from their iphones and computers n shit..

video games have integrated motion sensor and video cameras, young kids growing up thinking it is normal to have a camera on their tv. what will technology be like in ten years? i imagine it will only continue to seperate us from our understanding of the world.

kill your tv, tinfoil hat, etc etc

probably already been said but, it's getting so bad that i cant maintain a conversation with people without

them jumping on 'words with friends' or the goddamn chess game, i could be sitting at a bar having a

beer with a couple homies, and they're playing each other in some dumb-fuck online game on their

phones, WHILE THEY ARE IN THE SAME ROOM! fuck that noise, I'm good on my broke-ass, only makes

phone calls and texts-ass, non good picture taking-ass, piece of shit flip phone. I read some statistic that

between t.v., computers, and smart phones, the average person spends some absurd amount of time

like 15 hrs a day, looking at a screen. That might be a stretch but it's close enough, fuck techmology.

/endrant.

• Like 1

Iphone kills a shitload of downtime at work. FB, gaming, email, etc.

12oz also kills a shitload of downtime at work, but I can't click youtube links and lots of image hosts are blocked by my work.

i had same problem man.. but i found the way - just go some proxy sites like this proxy server list i hope this helps man :)

i have the same exact phone pretty much. my contract is up in april or may and i really hope they just let me get a stupid phone instead of trying to sell me on a blackberry or iphone. my fiancee had a problem with her phone a few months ago and instead of just replacing the phone like they should have, they were extra pushy about selling her a smartphone plan. it's gonna get to the point where you'll have to get a data plan just to have a cellphone.

i have the same exact phone pretty much. my contract is up in april or may and i really hope they just let me get a stupid phone instead of trying to sell me on a blackberry or iphone. my fiancee had a problem with her phone a few months ago and instead of just replacing the phone like they should have, they were extra pushy about selling her a smartphone plan. it's gonna get to the point where you'll have to get a data plan just to have a cellphone.

that's already happening my dude, look at what type of phones they are only making.

I find myself checking my emails/texts/fb in awkward situations. It feels like you're invisible if you stand there doing something but in reality you probably still look a dick.

• Like 1

Actually a mate and i were talking about this the other day and how more and more people are growing up with their mindset focused on online social status, appearance and what not.

And how the fuckers are obsessed with creating their own fluffed up propaganda to make themselves appear more attractive (fat bitch downwards photo) or successful than they really are (posing next to another persons baller car).

And how people who need to peg and rank themselves all the time are obviously lacking in substance.

Oh and how this mindset is only creating more fucking wanker PR, marketing, events, fluffbag oner people studying at fluffed up private colleges who at the end of the day dont contribute much to society

I agree with all of this. In the industry I work in, everyone has a blog, twitter, facebook, linkedin, quora, and a bunch of other profiles. I don't really partake otherwise in the whole deal. I've found 99% of the people who are not worth talking to are the ones who create 90% of the content on these outlets. They're trying to create an 'online presence' that sets them up to be a so-called 'expert' on the chosen niche. The thing is, the people who are doing big things and actually moving the industry along barely partake in these masturbatory exercises. When they do tweet or whatever, you can bet it's worth listening to what they have to say.

And don't get me started on when you meet one of the 99%ers in real life. It's a non stop buzzword-fest and regurgitation of obvious 'insight' into things that are happening that they picked up off of other blogs and shit.

tl;dr: The more you facebooktweetblog, the less you have to say.

someone mentioned cancer associated with cell phones and laptops....

read DISCONNECT. anything with a wireless signal increases risks of tumors. clinical studies have contributed strong evidence.

but people make money making and selling cell phones so nobody hears much about it.

i haven't had facebook in over a year and i have a cheap flip phone which i keep off when i'm not using. it feels good. but i still go on this damn website way too much. i'm definitely a little addicted to the oontz. and i pretty much quit graffiti and shoplifting in order to make a better life for myself and be a "real" person. so why do i come on here? humor i guess. more people with similar viewpoints. although some of us don't have facebook accounts we still must care about internet reputation since so many of us react negatively when we get negged.....it would feel wonderful to not use a computer at ALL for a while.

too bad i have to for work.

i wish i worked on a farm...producing something concrete that people really fucking need.

oh and i fucking HATE BEST BUY STORES. and any place that uses automated checkouts like cvs instead of hiring real people. the whole value system in place or lack thereof fucking disgusts me. i could keep ranting for a while but it's all been said by other people in other threads in a more articulate way.

:l

kill your tv, tinfoil hat, etc etc

lately my tv has been doing amazing things..

i got this kinect... i swear if u told me it worked my magic i'd believe you

also i discovered black ops online...

i think i see why people play this all the time. more exciting than "not being shot at" ? i get killed a fucking whole lot.

tv itself is good. fuck the jews. i guess is my point.

edit: don't fuck the jews.... although my buddy is fucking a half jew... she is hawt for a jew.... just saying

edit edit: ok he made an honest woman out of her.

This is how I roll, $19 bucks with my contract renewal. I can drop it into the alligator pit at the zoo and it wouldn't matter either way.

Lately I find myself trying to simplify my life.

LG-Accolade-VX5600-angle.jpg

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUCKING THIS

never pay for a smart phone oner

might as well call me Bernie

i swear to god, facebook is the fuckin worst.

i also hate those girls who you are introduced to briefly, then not two hours later theres a friend request pending.

we're friends now? because i said "hi nice to meet you"?

hoes love padding their internet friendslists to make themselves out to be more popular than they really are.

scust.

/cantdeletesoimadeactivateoner.

i co-sign this. i also co-sign this thread. it sucks because I TRULY am addicted. I go to work and sit on the computer for 5 hours..then I go home from work to 'relax' by sitting on the computer for the rest of the night. as it doesnt help that it is too cold to go outside. I do still enjoy getting off the computer and busting out a quick sketch though.

last night i decided i was gonna get high and not go on my computer. i get high and then walk around my house in circles not knowing what to do haha.

• Like 1