Technology Addicted

KILZ FILLZ

The shit is like crack to kids, crying if they dont have a BBerry and going to partys glued to their BBM messenger.

Kids? I know people who are 30 plus who don't lift their heads from their phones at bars and parties. They're just chatting away about bullshit gossip on their BBM.

Yeah, I go to the bar a lot and sit there and text, but it's all business, and likely not when I'm at a table with others.

Talk and text ftw.

I think the iPhone 4 is awesome, but, yeah, I do need to read more, and do all that other stuff before my brain completely dies on me.,

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the relationship was over when my ex upgraded to a bberry and never put the device down. the MOST annying thing is the different tones for for txt, new fb post, email, w/e my phone rarely leaves the vibrate mode. also hate music tones and callback tones when you call someone and are subjected to their shitty taste in music. smart phones ftL

Actually a mate and i were talking about this the other day and how more and more people are growing up with their mindset focused on online social status, appearance and what not.

And how the fuckers are obsessed with creating their own fluffed up propaganda to make themselves appear more attractive (fat bitch downwards photo) or successful than they really are (posing next to another persons baller car).

And how people who need to peg and rank themselves all the time are obviously lacking in substance.

Oh and how this mindset is only creating more fucking wanker PR, marketing, events, fluffbag oner people studying at fluffed up private colleges who at the end of the day dont contribute much to society but clutter in the media or weak ass

bad punned ad campaigns that are for shit YOU dont need to buy.

Then there are just the dumb bitches who post everything online: "oh i just had a blod clotted flow this month" "lol the pregnancy test was blue" "i <3 all my friends"

Desktop only, no ipad, no smart phones. Laptop for work.

If you have a twitter account... Your a fucking faaggg

Oh yeah brickos "add 3 inches in 3 weeks" i know you see that shit on a daily basis

/end.text.block.oner

• Like 1

How the fuck is At&t's service as bad as it is, when they have the most people using they're service due to the iphone???? They got the cell's on lock, yet seem to not give a shit about customer service, or putting up new cell towers. My phone dies as soon as i hit DOWNTOWN CHICAGO! Wtf Garbage service- my phone should work in space for what i pay a month.../end rant

Back in the day i was on the oontz tip non stop. This spring, after i finished rehab, i freaked out and deleted my facebook. I also quit getting on 120z and i changed my phone number. I "downgraded" from my i phone to a straight talk phone from wal mart. I quit my job with the company i had been with for four years. Now, i have a house in the city, am engaged, and i am making a living off of art. I dont know, maybe getting rid of the distractions allowed me the chance to focus on what really matters. Quiting drinking probably helped also.

• Like 2

Actually a mate and i were talking about this the other day and how more and more people are growing up with their mindset focused on online social status, appearance and what not.

And how the fuckers are obsessed with creating their own fluffed up propaganda to make themselves appear more attractive (fat bitch downwards photo) or successful than they really are (posing next to another persons baller car).

And how people who need to peg and rank themselves all the time are obviously lacking in substance.

Oh and how this mindset is only creating more fucking wanker PR, marketing, events, fluffbag oner people studying at fluffed up private colleges who at the end of the day dont contribute much to society but clutter in the media or weak ass

bad punned ad campaigns that are for shit YOU dont need to buy.

Then there are just the dumb bitches who post everything online: "oh i just had a blod clotted flow this month" "lol the pregnancy test was blue" "i <3 all my friends"

Desktop only, no ipad, no smart phones. Laptop for work.

If you have a twitter account... Your a fucking faaggg

Oh yeah brickos "add 3 inches in 3 weeks" i know you see that shit on a daily basis

/end.text.block.oner

Props for this post. So fucking right on.

I'm always on my phone checking the Oontz or facebook. Even (though I know that shits weak) I'll be at dinner fucking fighting myself not to get my phone out of my pocket it seems. I used to hate people who did that shit... Now within just a couple of months I am one of them. WTF

(fuck at&t u-verse... Worst customer service ever)

I think once this iPhone dies I'm going to go back to a free phone that sucks just to give myself a break :haha:

1. yeah wtf...whats with this nervous habit of pulling out a cellphone. ever be somewhere waiting and you have nobody to text or call but you look through your phone like you're important? yeah I catch myself doing this too much.

2. cosign, fuck AT&T Uverse - see http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137455

3. i have a free phone just because i drop or lose it all the damn time, and I couldn't come to terms with dropping a multi-hundred dollar tiny black device - at least not until it can control every part of my digital world and make me a sandwich.... ok when they come out with a phone you can stick your dick in and it makes you a sandwich...not necessarily in that order

I knew the relationship was over when my ex upgraded to a bberry and never put the device down. the MOST annying thing is the different tones for for txt, new fb post, email, w/e my phone rarely leaves the vibrate mode. also hate music tones and callback tones when you call someone and are subjected to their shitty taste in music. smart phones ftL

Seriously...my phone stays on vibrate only, and I refuse to sync my Facebook to it. Having my email synced is bad enough. Cosign nsmb on looking through the phone as a fidgety habit though.

In terms of "social network addiction" I don't detest Facebook, but I wish I could regulate my use of it more /seepreviouspostinthisthread

Seriously...my phone stays on vibrate only, and I refuse to sync my Facebook to it. Having my email synced is bad enough. Cosign nsmb on looking through the phone as a fidgety habit though.

In terms of "social network addiction" I don't detest Facebook, but I wish I could regulate my use of it more /seepreviouspostinthisthread

thats whats so fucked about facebook. not only do they know what were doing in our lives, but they can track exactly where we are if they wanted to through our phones.

big brother mannnnn.

Fuck everythings going to shit.

/rant

Im highly considering deactivating facebook, its pointless to me, yet im on it all day everyday. i remember a time when i didnt have internet and i was left to my imagination to do something fulfilling with my time. im going to slowly revert back to those times.

i hate how now that im in college most of the time you see people just looking down at their phones (guilty of this as well)

i forgot what documentary i was watching, but some guy said as we become more interconnected and dependent on contemporary methods of communication, we will begin to loose our social skills inadvertently.

i also hate when people say lol irl like omg becky wtf?

im going to start deleting most of my photos from fb, i use to be mad paranoid about having my photo on the internet, but for whatever reason i became so complacent about the shit that i caved in. FB has never gotten me laid, in fact it may be keeping me away from da snatch, too much time spent twiddling away at kotaku, 12oz, or fb

im rambling, random thoughts.

I'm glad i deleted my FB account.... to think that girls I know have like in excess of 2600 pictures of their face/self is FUCKING MIND-BLOWING RETARDED and it's a sport to get 400 more per weekend. Weapon, it is true, the way kids, and adult's who act like children cant become unglued from their phones is a sign of the times. These people are attracted to False Bullshit and will not ever ponder life with out face book or BBM again. Fucking scary shit, I am so glad I deleted my FB, fucking faggot ass photo album fagitry.

Kids? I know people who are 30 plus who don't lift their heads from their phones at bars and parties. They're just chatting away about bullshit gossip on their BBM.

i fucking hate this shit, especially at bars.

i'll be at the bar with friends, and they'll all be texting the person sitting two seats away.. or surfing the web.... someone will talk... they'll put a couple words into the conversation without looking up from their phone... meanwhile.. me and the other 3-4 people who can disconnect from technology for more then 20 seconds are having conversations... and the people on the phone realize it 30 minutes later, and wanna hop in on it for 2 seconds then go back to texting..

or like someone said before, girls at house parties... standing there... head down looking at their phone, dancing looking at their phone, half drunken sleeping on the floor looking at their phone... annoying as fuck...

i also find it funny, how both young and mid 30's - 50's people who are addicted to technology.. can't function out in public... earlier today.. walking down the street.. everyone i saw walking towards me... was not on their phone.. but once they got closer.. they'd pull out their phone and put their heads down, so they don't have to have any human interaction.. i saw this while sitting at a local pizza spot eating lunch watching people pass by.... no one wants human contact anymore, everyones too focused on their phones.. no one knows how to act in public or around other humans without a phone.... people in line.. don't talk about random things with each other anymore, everyones too afraid of contact with a random person they all act like they are busy on their phones to avoid having any sort of contact with another human...

some people on here know me... i don't really like computers, or phones... i'll use my computer for 3 weeks.. then vanish off the computer world, and my phone will turn off for 3-4 months at a time... but the real crew know how to get a hold of me / know where i'm at and stuff... then i'll come back on here and realize how stupid it is to spend tons of time on a website... and the same cycle will happen again... -- hermit1erhateroftechnologyrock.

I think I'm hooked on 'checking in' places.

this is fucking dumb, it's the newer generations technological addiction and insecure feelings that they think everyone wants to know where the fuck they are, every second of the day.

same thing with Twitter, so fucking stupid, this generations need for instant satisfaction and instant answers, i don't care, or wanna know what people are doing 24/7... but some people are so emotionally and time invested in checking twitter, fb, over and over they feel the need to always know what everyone else is doing... and think other people wanna know what they are doing 24/7

especially people who post their home on FB... and then post where they are at some where else...

if your profile is public, it's just another way for a thief to know when someone isn't home...

i know it sounds kind of far fetched, but it's happened before to people because they checked in at home... one time... and then checked in somewhere else... and someone happened to break into their house...

happened to a co-worker of mine... he lived right across the street from the office... and his house just happened to get broken into when he posted a status about how he was at work from 8-10 then taking the rest of the day off... it was obviously someone who was friends with him in the first place because they only stole, his ak-47, shotgun, handgun, all his DJ shit, 3 laptops, numerous boxes of records, ipods, xbox, 2 iphones, etc... funny thing was... one of the phones camera.. directly linked to photobucket... and whoever stole the shit took a picture of his girlfriend and it posted to photobucket.... don't know if they ever found the dude.... haven't talked to the guy in a long time..

--coolstorybr00

long term cell phone use can give you cancer what's up with that..

cells phones are moving gps coordinates. and they all got cameras now..

everythings got a camera..

tvs have cameras now...this is the age of being monitored..if you don't believe me just look at the situation in london where there is 1 survelance camera per 3 people. there is talk of government incentives, tax breaks and the like for people who watch suvelance cameras from their iphones and computers n shit..

video games have integrated motion sensor and video cameras, young kids growing up thinking it is normal to have a camera on their tv. what will technology be like in ten years? i imagine it will only continue to seperate us from our understanding of the world.

kill your tv, tinfoil hat, etc etc

probably already been said but, it's getting so bad that i cant maintain a conversation with people without

them jumping on 'words with friends' or the goddamn chess game, i could be sitting at a bar having a

beer with a couple homies, and they're playing each other in some dumb-fuck online game on their

phones, WHILE THEY ARE IN THE SAME ROOM! fuck that noise, I'm good on my broke-ass, only makes

phone calls and texts-ass, non good picture taking-ass, piece of shit flip phone. I read some statistic that

between t.v., computers, and smart phones, the average person spends some absurd amount of time

like 15 hrs a day, looking at a screen. That might be a stretch but it's close enough, fuck techmology.

/endrant.

• Like 1