I know shit goes down everyday around the world and what not...

AllTheWrongWords

But this lil homie at the very least deserves a thread for having heart to do what he did.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110113/ts_yblog_upshot/boy-saved-brothers-life-in-australian-flood

Jordan Rice, a 13-year-old Australian boy, has emerged as a tragic-heroic figure in news accounts of the disastrous Australian floods, after he asked a rescuer to save his little brother, Blake, before himself. Jordan Rice and his mother, Donna, were swept away by floodwaters and drowned before rescuer Warren McErlean could return for them.

Jordan's father, John Tyson, told the Toowoomba Chronicle Jordan could not swim and was terrified of water.

"I can only imagine what was going on inside to give up his life to save his brother, even though he was petrified of water," he said. "He is our little hero."

Tyson told the paper his longtime partner, Donna Rice, was driving with two of her young sons in tire-level water when her engine stopped. She called for help and the three of them got on the roof of the car as the floodwaters rose quickly. Bystanders were not offering help until McErlean tied a rope around himself and went after them.

A wave of water was coming fast when McErlean reached them with the rope. "Save my brother first," Jordan said, according to McErlean.

Jordan and his mother were swept away, and only 10-year-old Blake survived.

t1larg.flood.teenager.jpg

Jordan Rice

CNN link: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/01/13/flood.teenager/index.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

''Bystanders were not offering help until McErlean tied a rope around himself and went after them.''

Not to take attention off this kids heroics, but I just wanted to say fuck people who do nothing when someones in trouble or needs help.

Its a shame the only person present with heart besides the rescuer was a 13 year old boy, but atleast he died a man.

Rest in peace brave fella

• Like 1

I was told once, that in the heat of a crisis - if you see people not helping you MUST APPOINT A PERSON, AND ORDER THEM TO DO AS YOU SAY, not ask randomly for help or scream (somebody help me).

You have to assert yourself with AUTHORITY and FORCEFULLY TELL PEOPLE what to do, otherwise they just stand there looking indecisive and SHOCKED.

• Like 2

I was told once, that in the heat of a crisis - if you see people not helping you MUST APPOINT A PERSON, AND ORDER THEM TO DO AS YOU SAY, not ask randomly for help or scream (somebody help me).

You have to assert yourself with AUTHORITY and FORCEFULLY TELL PEOPLE what to do, otherwise they just stand there looking indecisive and SHOCKED.

It's true.

That's one of the things they teach in CPR training

"YOU CALL 911" ->

"YOU GET ME AND AED(defibulator)" <-

"YOU STAND OUTSIDE AND DIRECT THE AMBULANCE" ->

why is it that the best people in the world leave it far too soon

and we're left with what remains.

RIP

*also great to realize what to do, and what not to do, when shit goes down

don't be naive enough to think you'd never end up in a situation like this

crisis situations are so fucking chaotic. in NOLA after katrina, even a month after katrina, when i was there, shit was fucking anarchy, and not in that good teenage punk way.

It's true.

That's one of the things they teach in CPR training

"YOU CALL 911" ->

"YOU GET ME AND AED(defibulator)" <-

"YOU STAND OUTSIDE AND DIRECT THE AMBULANCE" ->

Was gonna say this too, in a crisis situation like that people will flock to a leader, if it's you just keep giving orders till you can't anymore...

RIP lil' man.

Wow I can't imagine being in that situation, I helped my mum and brother once from getting washed away in a real strong tide in a river but that fucking pales in comparison to this little guy.

True Hero RIP, stories like this always choke me up a bit.

I hope the people that just stood around doing fuck all live their lives in complete shame knowing they did nothing to help.

• Like 1

True Hero RIP, stories like this always choke me up a bit.

for real.

while some might see only tragedy in this situation, there is alot of inspiration to this story.

restores my faith in humanity, especially in those lil dudes on the comeup.

true gentleman to the end, his parents raised a solid boy.

RIP lil homey.