UNBOXING • 24-pk mystery box ef beer

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

From a beer professor

"Depends on the beer. Last week I had a bottle of Thomas Hardy's ale that was 21 years old and it was great. Next week I'm opening a bottle of ale that was brewed in 1946, aged 20 years in wood, and finally bottled in 1966. I expect some sherry notes, but also expect it to be quite tasty.

The bottles you mention may be fine, but a lot depends on how they were stored. If stored at room temperature all that time, with lots of temp fluctuations, I wouldn't expect too much from them...but then again...

In any case, be sure to report back!!"

Back when 420 meant something to me, we had a bottle of Bud Light born on april 20th. it sat in the cupboard for a year. 4-20 the next year was scraping change for a 24 oz steel reserve.

cat offered up a 12 pack if i'd drink it. drank it and survived. meh.

good find there. i'd have gone in as well. i didn't think they made olympia anymore. my dad drank that in the 70's before he switched to old crow whiskey.

Yeah, I used to brew a decent amount of my own beer and age doesn't matter a hell of a lot for a lot of beers, it's how they are stored. I helped some mates down a left over keg of Carlsberg from new years on Friday night. It had been sitting outside for two weeks with temp differences of anything up to ten degrees within 24 hours. IT smelled like fart and was barely drinkable. We did not finish the keg, we went to a bar after about 3 pints each instead.

I think your mystery box is fantastic and you scored pretty good with some of those. I'd definitely be buying some of them if the opportunity arose. However if I came home and it was full of VB, Tooheys, Buds, etc. It'd be a touch upset.

Re: UNBOXING • 24-pk mystery box ef beer

good find there. i'd have gone in as well. i didn't think they made olympia anymore. my dad drank that in the 70's before he switched to old crow whiskey.

olympia still exists but its not made in WA anymore (that i know of). PBR bought the company back in the day and moved the plant to milwaukee.

olympia still exists but its not made in WA anymore (that i know of). PBR bought the company back in the day and moved the plant to milwaukee.

Interestingly enough, PBR also bought LoneStar here in Texas a while ago.

However, all of the three still maintain different recipes. Olympia is the shit. I love that beer.

It's better than PBR and Lone Star (although Lone Star is still the national beer of Texas).

Interestingly enough, PBR also bought LoneStar here in Texas a while ago.

However, all of the three still maintain different recipes.

I think my throat would close up if there were two other beers with Pabst's recipe and taste in existence.

Any shit beer over PBR...well...almost any.

A few of my housemates had a pretty good thing going last summer. They figured out how to get into the local distributor's dumpster (no easy feat) and were bringing home anywhere from 200 to 500 beers every Sunday night. It seemed like a lot at first but we always managed to run out of beer by Friday...which was all right, because we were able to leverage future scores into credit over the weekend and stay drunk till the following Sunday.

We definitely drank some funky beer, though. The first batch was all Bud long necks that were way past date, which tasted fine but they got us super fucked up. One guy fell asleep in a bush on the train tracks...another guy went home with a girl he met at the party we were at, sexed her and never even found out what her name was or forgot it, and me and another guy completely filled the side of a 40" trailer with tags as high as we could reach.

This was a prelude to many other good times we had thanks to the seemingly bottomless cornucopia of beer we had to draw from. It was great till a couple guys got caught and hit with felony burglary charges (which were eventually reduced to trespassing). When we added up the retail value of what we drank (somewhere between three to five thousand beers) it well exceeded what they had to pay in fines and court costs.