Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soej

Designing Tattoos

There are for sure some tattoo artists on here, Ive had mixed reviews from people who want to 'design' tattoos. Point made: You need to understand how a tattoo is put on the skin/works to design a good one so it should be left to professionals.

but I've had many friends ask for me to make designs and things for them, I always fear they are to complicated will get smudgy with time and that whoever tat's them cannot do exactly what i did - as well as i did in the original.

but why do you ask?

I suggest you track down a tattoo artist in your city and get them to draw it for you.

Feel free to post in the TATTOO thread and ask if anyone knows of some good shops in your city.

What kind of tattoo do you want?

Does anyone here design graffiti tattoos? I've drawn up a few for myself, but I want to see if maybe someone would be nice enough to give me other options. I want the word "Humanity" in a graff style on my right forearm. Thanks guys.

(Posted in the tattoo thread; got bashed. yeaaaah.)

when i was 17 i designed a tattoo for a friend.

the word VEGAN in letters like DEICIDE's logo.

moral of the story: if you don't tattoo, don't design tattoos imo

I really don't get why man. Sometimes people make graff so political. People gotta look back and think about why we all really do it, and it's cause we love the underground art it really is. And if it's what represents me and what I love doing, then I'm gonna rep that through a tattoo.. That's just my opinion though.

Tattoos are a permanent mark on your skin so when you grow out of the graffiti fad (like majority of writers do) you'll be reminded with a soupy mess of colors as a permanent reminder until you choose to get it lasered off or covered up.

Street art normally doesn't transfer well on skin, it's an artform that is based on walls with bold colors.

Sorry for the real talk but if you want to get a tattoo about writing then come up with something witty that is timeless so you don't regret it in 5 years. Graffiti lettering is on the same level as tribal tattoos.

How about the warning symbols from a spray can?

I always thought they would make a great timeless tattoo.

look at tattoo flash and try to see if there is any style you like.

the stuff on the walls at a tattoo shop will give you a pretty good

idea of what a tattoo should look like. please dont get a graf tat.

styles change, and your shit will look doodoo in 10 years....

ask me how i know

I'm surprised you got some really good advice here. I can also relate to jugzer, and no I don't have pics.

*edit, go back to the first pages of the tattoo thread and work your way through, there's some incredible work there.

Asking for a tattoo of a graffiti piece is kind of like asking for a watercolor of an oil painting... it just doesn't really transfer. The vibrancy and brightness of the colors, the contrast, etc, are just not the same.

Tattoos and graffiti are two of my favorite things, and I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo of a piece that I thought looked good.

Yeah harvey, I thought that too at first but then I saw this guys piece on his forearm. It was black and white, and extremely dope. That's where it originally sparked my interest, and got me thinking how I really wanted it. I also saw one on this guys forearm in this Ironlak video that looked cool in black and white even though you can only see it for a moment. Check it out if you'd like..

At 39ish seconds.

when i was 17 i designed a tattoo for a friend.

the word VEGAN in letters like DEICIDE's logo.

moral of the story: if you don't tattoo, don't design tattoos imo

LETS SEE IT

idk, to be honest. I'm surprised I got decent responses too. Going through other threads made me realize im lucky i didnt get bashed lol. (and now the bashing begins...)

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now