BidFun: Scam or legit?

eattingsnowflakes

I didn't find a Thread for BidFun, so sorry if it already exists and has been talked about in the past. Does anybody have any experience with the site http://www.bidfun.com/ ?

I found this site while I was pricing out a Canon EOS Rebel T2i and I thought the prices seemed too good to be true, the prices on all the products were a steal. I read a bunch of the bidding process rules, Terms and Agreements to make sure I knew what the hell was going on.

BIDFUN.jpg

It costs you $1 to make a bid, each bid increases the bid time by 20 seconds and the bid price increases by $0.02. At first glace the products seem like a good deal, but a product with $10 worth of bids on it has collected $500 for BidFun.

Before I created an account I Googled BidFun reviews and found this on Site Jabber http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.bidfun.com . After reading a few reviews I decided not to bid on the camera, everybody felt like they had been scammed.

The criminal side of me thought that this was pure genius and wanted to take the idea for myself. These guys are raking in the money hand over fist.

I am wondering if anyone on 12oz has used this site and actually had the winning bid on a product?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i heard uh this shit before.

i took this pic the other day of a bufftruck. struck me as funny.

yet at the same time odd as it had out of province plates.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjEtMjAxMDA3MDUtMTEzMC5qcGc.jpg

captain ron is hilarious.

captainron.jpg

this clown looks like hes really having a great time.

clownblackJPG.jpg

on the other hands great time changes quite quickly for this different clown.

clowndaddyfail.gif

ken griffey junior is a cool dude.

junior.jpg

i grew up a huge fan of this guy. used to spend hours drawing his mask.

AAGV039-ActionPatrick-Roy-Posters.jpg

this picture was an old desktop home screen.

7042_540-1.jpg

i used to know an old dude back in the day that would make these for me.

refurbished.jpg

pretty cool glass.

urine-cup.jpg

“PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T BID WITH THIS SITE. Bidfun is a total ripoff. 1 bid equals approx $1 and only increases the bid amount by $.01. Using that math, an item selling for $20 actually nets them $2000+. You do NOT get your money back if you don't win the auction. If you do win the auction, not only do you pay $1 for every bid, you also have to pay the final amount of the auction. They are on the rip-off report list.” Sitejabber

http://www.myauctionfacts.com/Bidfun_Review.html

I wouldn't use it.

i reckon its like putting loads of money into a slot machine for hours, except hundreds more people are

doing the same thing, in the same slot machine. then it finally cashes out, and nobodys a winner except one dude, and the slot machine.

• Like 1

OK HERE'S THE SCAM:

BidFun and BeezId (and similar 'penny auction' websites - google penny auctions)

These companies Sell bids... yes, you can't bid for free. You have to BUY "bids"... let's say 100 bids for $60 cash (which is about average for sites like these). Each bid you place increases the auction bid by just ONE CENT. The winner is the person, who at the last 30 seconds, outbids the competing bid placers to finally win the auction. Every bid made in the final 30 seconds restarts the clock for some other fucking asshole to come and place his faggot one cent bid.

So where's the scam?

If BeezId.com says they sold a car (2010 Ford Mustang GT) for $535.34 (for instance, an ad like this runs in my area)... they can legally say that shit because THAT WAS THE FINAL AUCTION PRICE.

What they don't tell you is that 53,534 people bid one cent at a time until someone went fucking crazy on their credit card and bought enough "bid packs" to justify wasting their money on a faggot penny auction site.... but at least they won the car, right?

53,534 bids x .60 cents per bid = $32,120.40

+ the final auction closing price of $535.34

they sold a Mustang GT for $32,655.74

These dickholes are making gobs of money hand over fist and getting away with tricking people out of their money. It's so American it's beautiful.

Enjoy your bidding!!

edit: bidfun charges $1 per bid? well, no math needed... you're stupid if you don't see this

i reckon its like putting loads of money into a slot machine for hours, except hundreds more people are

doing the same thing, in the same slot machine. then it finally cashes out, and nobodys a winner except one dude, and the slot machine.

he said it clearer though

prawps