So the government made Jesse Ventura take his show off the air.

boost™

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

First time I've ever watched that show.

I got to the bit where Jesse meets with his team about fusion centers....., dark room, everyone dressed in black

"even conspiracy theorists"

"Conspiracy theorists?"

"Yes, conspiracy theorists"

"I wanna know everything about these fusion centers",

"brilliant, Im on it"

"I want a flight to DC, now"

"On it".

Oh yeah, that show is on some serious shit, br0!! Truth all over that mother fucker and not even a hint of sensationalism!!!!

Shit B, we gotta get on this, shit going down!!

If the powers that be thought that having a cheesy show like this would end up discrediting the claims and thus marginalising those making them I'd suggest that they'd let the show air. Maybe Jesse is actually an agent and his mission is to make a stupid cheesy show that ends up marginalising the theories and claims. Maybe the best way to hide things is the put them right out in the open. Maybe I'm just saying this in order to add layers of confusion. Maybe I'm a computer program that was designed to post misinformation on forums like this. Maybe forums like this were created in order to attract subversives in order to track and contain them so they end up preaching to the choir in order to polarise themselves making them more incredible.

Maybe you're not actually reading this, maybe you've been sequestered away from reality and experiences are being fed to you. How will you ever know?

The UDTs were merged with the US Navy SEALs in 1983. unless jesse was in the military in 1983 then... he was not a seal.

Really? My uncle was a SEAL in 'nam. Doing exactly what Jesse Ventura did.

The Navy needed to determine its role within the special operations arena. In March 1961, Arleigh Burke, Chief of Naval Operations, recommended the establishment of guerrilla and counter-guerrilla units. These units would be able to operate from sea, air or land. This was the beginning of the Navy SEALs. Many SEAL members came from the Navy's Underwater Demolition Team units, who had already gained experience in commando warfare in Korea; however, the Underwater Demolition Teams were still necessary to the Navy's amphibious force.

The first two teams were on both US coasts: Team One at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, in San Diego, California and Team Two at Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Men of the newly formed SEAL Teams were trained in such unconventional areas as hand-to-hand combat, high-altitude parachuting, demolitions, and foreign languages. The SEALs attended Underwater Demolition Team replacement training and they spent some time training in UDTs. Upon making it to a SEAL team, they would undergo a SEAL Basic Indoctrination (SBI) training class at Camp Kerry in the Cuyamaca Mountains. After SBI training class, they would enter a platoon and conduct platoon training.

The CIA's highly secretive Special Activities Division (SAD) and more specifically its elite Special Operations Group (SOG) recruits operators from the SEAL Teams.[6] Joint Navy SEALs and CIA operations go back to the famed MACV-SOG group during the Vietnam War.[7] This cooperation still exists today and is seen in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.[8][9]

The Pacific Command recognized Vietnam as a potential hot spot for unconventional forces. At the beginning of 1962, the UDTs started hydrographic surveys and along with other branches of the US Military, the Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) was formed. In March 1962, SEALs were deployed to South Vietnam as advisers for the purpose of training Army of the Republic of Vietnam commandos in the same methods they were trained themselves.

The Central Intelligence Agency began using SEALs in covert operations in early 1963. The SEALs were involved in the CIA sponsored Phoenix Program where it targeted key North Vietnamese Army personnel and Vietcong sympathizers for capture and assassination.

The SEALs were initially deployed in and around Da Nang, training the South Vietnamese in combat diving, demolitions, and guerrilla/anti-guerrilla tactics. As the war continued, the SEALs found themselves positioned in the Rung Sat Special Zone where they were to disrupt the enemy supply and troop movements and in the Mekong Delta to fulfill riverine operations, fighting on the inland waterways.

Combat with the Viet Cong was direct. Unlike the conventional warfare methods of firing artillery into a coordinate location, the SEALs operated within inches of their targets. Into the late 1960s, the SEALs were successful in a new style of warfare, effective in anti-guerrilla and guerrilla actions. SEALs brought a personal war to the enemy in a previously safe area. In Vietnam, Navy SEAL kill ratio was extraordinary, with over 200 enemy dead for every SEAL casualty.[citation needed]The Viet Cong referred to them as "the men with green faces," due to the camouflage face paint the SEALs wore during combat missions.[10]

SEALs continued to make forays into North Vietnam and Laos, and covertly into Cambodia, controlled by the Studies and Observations Group. The SEALs from Team Two started a unique deployment of SEAL team members working alone with South Vietnamese Commandos (ARVN). In 1967, a SEAL unit named Detachment Bravo (Det Bravo) was formed to operate these mixed US and ARVN units, which were called South Vietnamese Provincial Reconnaissance Units (PRUs).

At the beginning of 1968, the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong orchestrated a major offensive against South Vietnam: the "Tet Offensive". The North hoped it would prove to be America's Dien Bien Phu, attempting to break the American public's desire to continue the war. As propaganda, the Tet Offensive was successful in adding to the American protest of the Vietnam war. However, North Vietnam suffered tremendous casualties, and from a purely military standpoint, the Tet Offensive was a major disaster for the Communists.[11]

By 1970, President Richard Nixon initiated a Plan of Vietnamization, which would remove the US from the Vietnam conflict and return the responsibility of defense back to the South Vietnamese. Conventional forces were being withdrawn; the last SEAL adviser left Vietnam in March 1973 and Vietnam fell to the communists in 1975. The SEALs were among the highest decorated units for their size in the war. SEALs were awarded two Navy Crosses, 42 Silver stars, 402 Bronze Stars, 2 Legions of Merit, 352 Commendation Medals, 3 Presidential Unit Citations and 3 Medals of Honor.[citation needed]

• Like 1

indeed. its semantics. its like a debate between between what a 'designated marksman' and a 'sniper' is or difference between SF and rangers... when in reality for the general public there is little difference. very few people are running around debating differences between 1st SFOD-D and the 3rd group or DEVGRU and say seal team 1. both groups in each example are SOF and do similar shit and conversationally they are just 'special forces' or 'navy seals.' stuff like this only matters to people like us who care about such things. but he does sort of have a semi free pass because the UDT was merged with seals later on. so conversationally speaking, its give ventura a little more ego pumping and actually makes it easier for the public to understand. from personal experience, he might of even started doing it to eliminate a long conversation. i had to stop using 'conservative' to describe myself because it involved a 10 min conversation about how i am not a follower of GWB. instead of ventura giving a 10 min lecture about what UDT 12 was, he might of thought it easier to say 'navy seal' and its fairly true, though not completely and not technically.

although i have heard in one of his books, ventura claims to have been at ft benning for airborne school as part of training and some people in his 'seal team' snuck out and painted 'seal team one' on the side of the water tower. there is also some debate about whether he could of been part of seal team one during 'nam, although highly unlikely.

Yeah, when it comes down to it, I don't think he's lying. Just as you said, AOD, he's probably doing it to save himself a pointless conversation.

Either way, I think he's got good intentions with this show. The hype and silliness that people are talking about is just part of how television works.

^^^ definitely

my point was however to say that if you tell the average person what a DM is... they will probably say...'oh, you mean he is teh snipersz!' sort of like if you tell someone you were part of an underwater demolition team in 'nam in 1971, they will be like...'oh, you mean he is teh navy sealsz!'

^^^ definitely

my point was however to say that if you tell the average person what a DM is... they will probably say...'oh, you mean he is teh snipersz!' sort of like if you tell someone you were part of an underwater demolition team in 'nam in 1971, they will be like...'oh, you mean he is teh navy sealsz!'

Yeah, sorry, I get you now.