Please Support Capt. Planet

WorldBench

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Please Support Capt. Honors

2nd in command of the USS enterprise. Aircraft Carrier. Crew of thousands of people. Kind of a big deal.

Made a video to entertain the crew. I guess he said faggot in it. Had a scene with 2 female crew members showering, as a joke.

Video comes up a few years later, now hes in captain of the ship. He leaves command of the ship because of it.

I guess when your job is too command a ship powerful enough to kill thousands up thousands of people you cant say faggot.

I really think you should be able to. It makes more sense no? "Let's shoot some missles at those faggots"

"Faggot targets aquired."

"Missles lauched at the faggots"

"Faggot targets hit with missles, right in their asses"

"Fuck the fucking faggots!"

Thanks. Kind of sounds like one of those things where everyone makes a big deal over nothing, huh?

this is one of those instances where if you were the average white american male, you'd never be offended or think this guy was out of line

however, from a different perspective, if people cannot have respect for others or spend their on-duty time making what they perceive to be hilarious videos (but are in fact perpetuating hateful stereotypes) then maybe they should find something else to do with their time other than being paid thousands of dollars by US taxpayers.

shitheads who think they are above everything are too egotistical to be in charge of that many people.

i'm sure most of the average white males, and plenty of other people in plenty of other groups think this type of shit is great and people are overreacting. i do not. i like it when people in positions of power are held to a standard

i also think it's funny that so many regular folks want to rush out to defend people like this, people who probably think we're a lot of scumbags who deserve to be castrated for doing graffiti., people who think they are above criticism.

Let me clarify-- sounds like dude said some dumb shit on video, at work, and got fired from management position. That's the nothing. People now seem to be making a big deal out of it, which also seems dumb.

I say some seriously offensive shit when I'm joking around with my friends (not, like, Earl-level offensive, but I'd definitely earn an R rating). But I definitely keep it in check when I don't know everyone around, and that goes triple at work and quadruple on video. In this day and age, it doesn't take a whole lot of sense to know that shit like that isn't going to fly in a work environment.

he took the trouble to make these offensive videos, he wasn't captured on film talking shit

there's a huge difference i think. and it was a few videos.

thuis ain't paris hilton stepping out of a limo either, he's a fucking commander.

and it's not a big deal, just fire the guy and move on.

just for my clarification.