im putting out a mag

taco bell bomber

i will be putting out a magazine...about 25 pages..

now heres the tricky part..i want to do it in color..but if i do it in color its going to cost about $4.50-5.00..is there people on here who would buy the mag?? because if not im not gonna bother putting in color..im just going to put it in black and white and send it for free..but id like to be able to do some quality stuff...because half the style in graff is do to color..so send me some feedback..if u realyl wouldnt get the mag then be honest..and jus say no..thanks peace

o the first mag is going ot consist of bombing from all over the us..fr8s..and a 2 page nace tribute if able to be filled with my flicks..

perhaps an interview with a few writers that i have to speak to. so yea thats the break down of it.so let me know thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Might I suggest starting off small too with a b/w zine maybe even 1/4 or 1/2 size. Similar to HelmetHeds. Hook it up for free for a while and try to get sponsors and ads to help pay some of the costs for color. Why don't you talk to Devilush? If you need help promoting or distributing drop me an e-mail.

now, while i usually cant turn down free things, i dunno, if the mags got alot of good shit (personally i like an even mix of handstyles-fr8s-street bombing) then i would be willing to pay the price for color because thats the price that i see most mags going for anyway. definetly have interviews, i dunno, i just really like interviews for some reason, but definetly have those. so i dunno, id be willing to pay for color i suppose if your sure itll be worth my while to buy it, but if its a black and white job then send me a copy.

if you need contributions im down to help in whatever way i can, i shoot alot of photos so maybe i can be of some help there, theyre mostly fine art shit though and stuff i try to relate to graf, among other things, i got some flicks too and various interesting things you might like.

i myself was thinking of doing a zine, i got this idea the other day while riding in the city, flick all the doors and have the first issue be just NYC doors. i saw more than enough doors covered top to bottom in tight handstyles and shit that i think could fill a zine by itself, would anyone be interested in something like that? like maybe the first issue could be just handstyles and i could have another issue devoted to all stickers and another for all freights, but have those as kind of specials and just regular issues throughout, i dunno, i am kinda already doing a zine for something else but kinda wanna do a graf one, if anyone has any ideas or wants to contribute ill be more than happy to accept i guess.

yes i was doing the door mag.. i have all the flicks scanned for that and in order of where i want them..that would be jus black and white tho...see but the thing is.. i wont be paying 8000 for this..im doing it all in computer graphics because the teacher is cool as shit and told me all i have to pay for is the paper..soifi get high quality photo paper and use his like top of the line printer then i should be all set..but i think ur right i will do a black and white first...and for the record.. i wouldnt put out a mag that wouldnt be worth what people would pay for it..i also wouldnt put out a mag i wouldnt buy...i dunno seems like some mags dont seem to care as much

naw dood , the thing is start small......like under 10 GRAFF pages , but make 1/2 colour , then if you see it goin good , beef it up a few pages......................................then start selling them for a few buks with a few more colour pages..............................................then go into a real mag ( if you wanna take it that far)

there was a few mag's that started that way round here and im pretty sure they r all pretty successful now.............

my O2

...taco what about half b/w and half color...paper quality will enhance b/w...i guess what im asken' is if could you undercut some cost by having half and half, but have it all on nice gloss paper, like full color...would that cutthe price to say $3...thus you dont lose all color, you still have quality paper, and you undercut the cost of most established zines and yet come on top of the black and white...i guess im looking for a grey area between b/w and color that could work for your best interest...it seems most are willing to pay for something they deem as quality...and considering that the mag will probably lose money before, if youre lucky and good enough, it turns a profit...at which time you can reinvest it in the overall quality of the mag and hopefully youll expand your circulation and you can hire me....but seriously ya got some good flicks ive seen in the bench...one question is do you have enough of a resource to continue to retain quality flicks...luckily this task is in some ways moot because writers themselves will gladly give you the goods if its a mag they wanna be "up" in...time will tell....but there are other aspects you may wanna consider before you launch...ask raven im sure he would drop a little knowledge as you get more serious...r

color or no mag.... i wont even usually look at black and white flix. if u can freak it as good as the bigger mag companies then people will buy it. i think. im not a business major so my oppinions probably not that valid anyway....

make your mag half-page size to start off with. it will save you money. like mental invalid said, you should make it half color and half b&w. then, drop an issue every 2 weeks, in order to keep people's mouth watering for more. send the first 2 or 3 out for free. then start charging $3 a mag. if you have a half-sized/half-color mag, $3 should do the trick.

Guest Can you sign my book???

I like the door idea, but its been done a few times already...Ive seen your posts and you have good flics, just run with showing everything would be my advice...I tried startin one, that was two years ago...Im a lazy bum...

Archived