Oh deer! It looks like 12 oz just got a bit more interesting. (weak stomachs beware)

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Oh deer! It looks like my night just got a bit more interesting. (weak stomachs beware

The smell is fucking putrid. It is unbearably awful...

i heard this strange sound and i realized that blood was bubbling out of his mouth and popping and the insides are shredded

cutting the skin from chest to anus

deer004.jpg

blood bubbles

deer005.jpg

Re: Oh deer! It looks like my night just got a bit more interesting. (weak stomachs beware

i'm not saying don't put in the work, but if you've never butchered a deer before, and it already smells terrible....

i'd guess the shit sack has already ruptured and you've probably got fecal smears all over, be careful with those.

odds are the meat will be tough from high-adrenaline death, but it could work out great for stews and jerkys.

You need to hang it up to do this right. Do you have any rigging lying around? The thing is probably 2-300 hundy lbs...

gonna try to rig something up, i figure I'll get the guts out on the ground so it weighs less

yeah it was a chore getting it in the car

Are you hoping to eat this thing? Or do you just want to make a rug? Don't get lymes disease.

hopefully it will be ok to eat, i'm just gonna cut it up and see if it's good or not!

Fucking open mic night. Amateur hour right now. Have fun eating pulverized and bruised meat, dumb ass.

thank you, I am having fun!!

I can't think of any situation where I see a dead animal on the side of the road and think, "I bet I could still eat that."

If the insides are shredded/bruised and it already smells terrible long before you're done butchering it, I'd say bail out. But what do I know.

You better hope whatever took the bite out of its leg doesn't come back for it's kill!

el-chupacabras.jpg

Yeah usually you clean these guys a few hours after its dead. Who knows how long it was lying on the side of the interstate :lol:

If you can salvage some meat, lucky you, but I'm a doubter right now. Keep us updated.