HBO'S 24/7 Penguins/ Capitals Road To The NHL Winter Classic

2Blazzed

I was pretty amped to watch this. Never really gotten into hockey too much. But I always had a love n respect for the sport (nhl 94 was one of the greatest games ever) so I was pretty interested to see the inner working of a team and to catch a glipse at just how tough these guys really are and how tough the sport is.

And after just watching the first video,I've come to learn that....

NONE can go a sentence or two with out saying "Fuckin'" from the referees to the coaches and trainers to the players. I hear the word "fuckin'" more in one episode. Then I did in a whole entire season of The Sopranos.

Is this some sort of tradition or something in hockey? Cuz I know they got all types of weird rituals and what not...Discuss

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
went last year... Fenway was electric. that wont be duplicated again, why they chose to make a special HBO show this year and not in the most historic and celebrated ball field of all time is beyond me...

do you follow the NHL at all?

bettman (league commissioner) has a boner the size of fenway for Crosby and Ovechkin.

Nuff said.

the fucking winter classic has only been played in Canada once.

Every NHL game in Canada sells out, if seats were the point. My point was Bettmans raging crosby hard on. I can't for the life of me think why there wouldn't be a 'classic NHL rivalry' like, say, Toronto/Montreal, or Toronto/New York, original six match ups. Penguins/Capitals is not a classic NHL rivalry.

• Like 1

I don't get HBO. :( I think these games are a sweet idea and having the two biggest (arguably) marketed teams is a smart idea.

As for Crosby sucking. He's an phenomenal hockey player, that's pretty obvious, but the dude is a total boner.

THIS.

Crosby is the face of the nhl. Obviously bettman has a boner for him, he's trying to get Hockey into more homes, considering it has the smallest sports market in the united states, what better way to do this then by having arguably the 2 best players face off against each other at the biggest regular season event of the year?

I know Crosby is the face of the league. He's the best player in the NHL.

but trying to get the NHL into places like Atlanta, Tampa Bay, wherever the Panthers play, Raleigh, Phoenix, etc is pointless.

The attendance #'s in some of those Arena's is worse than the AHL. In Phoenix they had to give away Coyote tickets with a full tank of gas at one point just to get people into the arena. Now that the Canadian dollar is on par again that must infuriate the people of Winnipeg, or Quebec city (but fuck them anyway)...

Move those teams to places ferther north where some semblance of rivalry can exist again and the NHL will be a bigger product as a whole.

look at the Islanders, that market sucks, and they used to be one of the best teams in the league.

if the islanders get into that arena in brooklyn,then they can turn around the attendance issue.ever been to nassau?not a suprise why no one wants to watch that horrible team there.as far as the team goes,arent they still paying yashin??????:lol: