MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROTTERDAM, Netherlands -- Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman was stabbed to death

early Monday and his brother was arrested as a suspect, Dutch police said.

Rotterdam Police spokeswoman Patricia Wessels said police were called to a home in the port

city in the early hours of the morning and found the 24-year-old Dutch player bleeding from a

stab wound.

The officers and ambulance paramedics were unable to resuscitate Halman.

Doods brother killed him. Depressing.

thats what happens when u over regulate the red light district, mother fuckers get violent.

what happened to the good ol days when i could sit in an opium den all day then stroll threw the district and snatch up a girl that was overly excited to have me pee on her. the dam dutch r fuckin up everything they had goin for them.

Heh, Joe Nathan. He was a hell of a closer prior to TJ surgery, but it was a long and oft disappointing road back; he did improve later in the season last year.

Refused to waive his no-trade clause last season, and he ends up getting that sweet $12.5mil option declined. Highly unlikely, but if he did get traded he could have had a (slim) chance of whatever club he was sent to pick it up.

If we re-sign Capps as a closer, I am going to cry. I'd assume this means Perkins is now our closer though.

From what I've been hearing, it sounds like the organization isn't ready just yet to move Perkins to the closer spot. It may have to deal with our situation with late inning relief.

Perk is a solid 7-8th guy. He'd be a sick closer, being a lefty, too. I think his velocity will pick up.

i just think every day players deserve it more. and i think the league gave it to him just so they could have a "first time thing"

except that it was not even close to the first time, as far back as i can recall rollie fingers, clemens, Dennis Eckersley, vida blue all won it and thats just in the AL modern era. im sure there are a grip from the 50s back. maybe none in the NL but...

i think its so rare that it makes it special and quite obviously they did something right to get all the votes...

Except most NL pitchers cant hit at all, so that argument isn't particularly valid. I enjoy both styles of play, but I don't like seeing 7 and 8 spot hitters get walked with 2 outs to face the pitcher, or pulling starting pitchers early in the game just because there is a runner in scoring position.

On an unrelated note: the more i think about it, the happier i am that we're keeping Perkins in his current role. Sign an inexpensive closer like Rauch and that gives us a lot more freedom to use Perk in high leverage situations and/or let him go more than 3 outs. After all of his struggles over the years, he really seems to have found his niche, and the bullpen has allowed him to add some pretty significant speed to his fastball. If he can add another mph or 2 to his fastball and fine tune his changeup and curve a little bit more, I could definitely see him being one of the premier setup guys.

what's the deal you Philly cats couldnt make the transition into football season?

we finished with 3 in the top 10 of the cy young race....kudos to philly for doing the same

supposedly we will be signing multiyears with Lincecum and Cain in the off season

also looking forward to seeing rookie Villalona at first this year, he got a 2.1 million $ signing bonus at the age of 16. hopefully he is worth it.....

Archived