MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too long dont read lots of appreciation to the dodgers fan speaking out against those two pieces of shit. there is now $100,000 dollar reward thats alot of money.

LOS ANGELES - The reward offered for information leading to the arrests of two men who severely beat Santa Cruz resident Bryan Stow outside Dodger Stadium after a game against the Giants last week has grown to $50,000.

Additional support for the 42-year-old father of two and paramedic is coming from other San Francisco Bay Area sports teams and Los Angeles Dodgers fans who are sickened about what happened in the stadium parking lot after the season opener between the rival teams March 31.

Giants Chief Executive Officer Bill Neukom and President Larry Baer on Saturday dropped by Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, where Stow is in a medically-induced coma from being repeatedly kicked and beaten in the head. They brought a team jersey signed by players and spoke with Stow's family.

Stow was also visited Saturday by Giants announcers Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper, team spokesman Jim Moorehead said. The team has pledged $10,000.

"It's a tragedy," Moorehead said. "We're deeply concerned and touched and affected. It's such a terrible, senseless thing that happened."

The Los Angeles Dodgers will contribute $25,000, spokesman Josh Rawitch said Monday.

After the attack, Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich announced a $10,000 reward. Stow's employer contributed $5,000.

Stow was walking with two friends from the stadium to the parking lot, wearing Giants attire, when he was approached from behind by two men. The men struck Stow, who fell to the pavement, Los Angeles police said. The assailants kicked him several times in the head and then ran to a four-door sedan driven by a woman. A boy was also in the car.

Police are continuing to search for the suspects, described as Latino men in their 20s, police said Monday. A press conference is scheduled for noon today at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, where a trauma doctor will speak about Stow's condition, a hospital spokesman Frank Toscano said. Also expected to speak are representatives from the Los Angeles Police Department and members of Stow's family.

As of Monday, Stow was still in critical condition, Toscano said.

Rebecca Mackowiak, Stow's paramedic partner at American Medical Response in Santa Clara County, said the San Jose Sharks hockey team provided Stow a team jersey signed by several players. Stow works as the primary paramedic at Sharks home games and many of the players know him personally, she said.

Other benefits are planned. American Medical Response of Santa Clara will host a barbecue from noon-8 p.m. on Wednesday to raise money for Stow. The barbecue will be held at 1670 Las Plumas Ave., San Jose. Pizza My Heart will contribute 30 percent of sales from 4-9 p.m. Thursday if customers mention Stow's name, Mackowiak said.

The Santa Cruz Police Officers Association and the Police Management Association is also taking donations to assist Stow in his recovery, Deputy Chief Steve Clark said. Additionally, local police have dedicated $1,000 to the reward effort in Los Angeles, Clark said.

Mark Webb, a Dodgers fan who lives north of Los Angeles in Castaic, is offering Stow his signed Giants jersey from the 2002 World Series team in a show of sympathy. He said the jersey might be worth a few hundred dollars.

Webb, 50, said the beating is "really sad and just baffling."

"This isn't supposed to happen at a baseball game," he said. "I just want him to know people are thinking about him. What happened is not OK. As far as I'm concerned, it's attempted murder."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Those dudes did that guy dirty. Two kids who's father might now have brain damage. Shit is weak. To boot he was paramedic who I'm sure helped plenty of people, maybe some dumb fucks like the ones who jumped him..

So far the Dodgers are doing decent, but I'm really impressed by Matt Kemp and his focus this year. Hopefully that will inspire the team as a whole.

I don't mind a little shit talking between guys at the park but when dudes get all fucked up and drunk then go fuck up a family man even SF fan I think it's fucked up. I know I was pretty pumped up to go to opening day last season for the first time. How fucked up is it that the beginning of his day was awesomex100 seeing his team the world champs go against their rivals to open the season to a few hours later being in a coma and possibly brain dead and never being able to hold you kids again or toss the ball around in the backyard is fucked up. Supposedly these dudes fought some 'boys' earlier. Although from what i've read they fucked him up which is fucked up it sounded like dude fell and hit his head which is what cause the most damage was probably an accident on their part but nonetheless if you rob a store and your partner accidently kills the owner your fucked.

Im curious how/if Ethiers comments and hunch this will be his last season as a Dodger will affect him.

yo buck i was there tonight, it was empty. i sat about 50 dif places lol.

0's rally in the 7th.

5599282873_b8287013f3_b.jpg

I lived at the Hilton behind left field for 6 weeks due to work. Memorable experience, went to countless games, caught a foul ball, 2 HR balls during batting practice, and saw the rest of the games from my hotel room...

Definitely the best part of Baltimore. Also took a stadium tour before I left...Glad baseball is back

• Like 1

Can't believe Swisher broke Nishioka's leg.

Ferris Bueller must be pissed.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110407&content_id=17493642&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Fortunately it was a fracture and not like a compound break - he was able to stand on it, but not walk all that well. I'd give it two months or so, hopefully.

I didn't even find out about it until late last night when I decided to check the scores. I recall briefly listening to it on the radio and Dan Gladden mentioning Nishioka was hurt, but I didn't think it was as serious as a fractured leg.

From what I saw and from what people (who understand baseball) are saying, it was a clean slide, but Nishioka failed to jump. I hear that hard slides into second to break up DPs are not common in Japanese baseball.

And I'm not pissed, but just a little discouraged. Luke Hughes was a stud in most of spring training and a lot of fans were pulling for him and not Tolbert to get the bench spot, but he has a big role to fill now. I'm pretty sure that Gardenhire will have some kind of weird infield shuffle going. Probably Tolbert at short everyday, with Casilla/Hughes platooning at 2B.