MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^dude im stressing cuz there is ALOT of buzz about Theo going after Beltran... so not interested. what it will take for prospects just for a rental of this guy is fail... not mad at how the Sox rotating the outfield at all except for when Drew is up to bat, otherwise im happy with how its been considering...

Slaughter by Verlander is done. Time for the Twins to take the next three and gain some ground. Got kubel back in the lineup, Baker back in the pitching rotation, and Span should be back soon too. We need to bring the A game for the rest of this series, then the Texas series, then a CA roadtrip.

Watching this A's & Yankees game. Man I hate the fucking Yankees with a passion. Anyways what's up with Blue in this game? Is this guy fucking blind? Needs bifocals - wobbly strike zone havin' ass nigga. Just ejected Crisp and threatened to throw more players out the game from the bench. They're telling him whats up is all.

I started watching in the 4th inning and it was already 14 - 2 Yanks. Life is a struggle out here in Oakland boi.

Fucking Peralta. Absolutely killing us. The Tigers have it out for the Twins like the Twins have it out for the White Sox. What a fucking mess this series is shaping up to be. If we can't at least pick up the win tomorrow with Baker pitching, we're fucked. We'd need the Tigers bullpen to completely fall apart to even have a miniscule chance tonight, the way they've been eating up our pitchers.

Fucking Peralta. Absolutely killing us. The Tigers have it out for the Twins like the Twins have it out for the White Sox. What a fucking mess this series is shaping up to be. If we can't at least pick up the win tomorrow with Baker pitching, we're fucked. We'd need the Tigers bullpen to completely fall apart to even have a miniscule chance tonight, the way they've been eating up our pitchers.

After the Tigers/Twins a few years ago in THE tie breaker playoff spot game, I'd figure Detroit has it out for them for years to come. I'm from Detroit, and couldn't even be upset at that game. Probably will be the best game I'll ever see in my life, even though my team lost, it was fuckin' magic.

And as a Tigers fan, I'd say......don't even fuckin' worry. This whole city watches the Twins with a nervous feeling in the 2nd half, because you muthafuckas consistently do the unthinkable towards the end.

After the Tigers/Twins a few years ago in THE tie breaker playoff spot game, I'd figure Detroit has it out for them for years to come. I'm from Detroit, and couldn't even be upset at that game. Probably will be the best game I'll ever see in my life, even though my team lost, it was fuckin' magic.

And as a Tigers fan, I'd say......don't even fuckin' worry. This whole city watches the Twins with a nervous feeling in the 2nd half, because you muthafuckas consistently do the unthinkable towards the end.

I gotta say, i'm very nervous. We have 3 teams to pass, and our bullpen is the worst shit ever, excluding Glen Perkins. Perkins has been an absolute beast this year though. Was a career 4.47 ERA reliever, and something just clicked this year. He picked up like 2-4mph on on his fastball and has been on fire since his first appearance of the year.

37.2 innings pitched, 28 hits, 8 ER, 12 BB, 41 SO, 1.06 WHIP, 1.67 ERA.

The rest of our bullpen is a nightmare though, besides Swarzak, who is more of a long relief/spot starter kinda guy, and Nathan is starting to come back to form. But the 6th,7th, 8th inning guys (and Matt Capps) besides Perkins are all terrrrrrible.

Granted, I think it's going to stay a 4 team race in the ALC still, but we're gonna need to win series against ALC teams. If we continue losing/splitting series in our division, it will be very hard to get pass 3 teams..

The 3+ team competition all the way down to the wire makes the ALC so fun to watch in the second half though. I agree that the game 163 against Detroit was one of my favorite games I've ever watched. And the next season was definitely when Detroit starting dominating us a large portion of the time.

I think I'm going back to the Twin Cities for the first time in over 2 years in a few weeks, after having lived there for 21 years. Hoping I can catch at least 1 or 2 Twins vs Yankees games in the series that will be happening when I'm there. Yet to see Target Field. And hopefully I can catch a game Scott Baker is pitching.

Good goddamn I love me some baseball.

• Like 1

I wish the Chi Sox could play the Indians every other series.

Its like this in the ALC

Twins got the White Sox card

White Sox have the Indians card

Indians have Detroits card

Detroit has the Twins card

The Central is always a cluster fuck of the 4 teams always hovering around .500 of a few games above it. Always a nail bitter till October

KC has Detroit's card

Our offense right now is pretty damn straight.

Best ive seen in Detroit. The softest bat on any

given night is batting 250. Between Avila, Victor Martinez,

Miguel Cabrera. Jhonny Perelta, Brendan Bosche and now

Wilson Betemit,

you know whats a really interesting little stat, Run Differential... its crazy the distance between numbers and divisions. for instance the WS champs and NL West leading SF Giants have a +18 then you look at Philly who lead the NL with +97 telling you not only do they have arms but knock in some runs too.

Detroit who leads the AL central with a fucking -8! and the AL leading Sox have a +123.

This basically tells you what teams cant hit worth a shit and have ZERO chance winning or even competing in the WS.

i mean i know in the past 100 win teams have gotten knocked out in the first series of the play offs but its pretty wild the difference in numbers this season.

MEANINGLESS STAT.

(IE) NLCS last year, phils loose one run games to a team that "CANT HIT"... well they hit enough to beat us, and to beat texas...

it's about heart, and who get's hott at the right time, also INJURIES kill teams...

boston has the biggest bat in the league, but they may not win the AL...