MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujols camp asking $300m over 10 years? Shit came to light last week, but ESPN is beating it to death. Same thing happened with Joe Mauer last year before his extension. But a (supposedly) 31-year old asking for $30mil a year until he's 41 - that's crazy. MLBPA might be influencing the demands. I doubt they reach an agreement before his "deadline", but I couldn't see him playing in a city other than St. Louis.

And congratulations to Stan Musial.

my rangers will probably be back to the same ol rangers i've known my whole life... score 20 runs a game and still lose because we have no pitchers :_(

except for that one dude back when, Nolan Ryan i think his name was.

nah but really, spring training games start up feb 26. Fucking stoked!:D

LOL Vernon Wells. Did you forget a few years ago? He and Alex Rios were buuuuuummmms. But they both turned it around.

Dumping Vernon was the best move the jays have made in years. I can't believe someone would even buy that contract.

Hopefully the jays can use that extra cash to sign Bautista.

Jays making moves for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Spring Training, bitches.

Nishioka looking sharp for the Twins - makes contact hitting and can make plays already. Have to wait a few days for Mauer, who is taking it easy after a couple knee injections, and Morneau, who is waiting for clearance from team doctors. He has already gone through full team workouts, which is promising.

How bout all these rumors floating around about the twins discussing a possible liriano trade to the Yankees? Joba? Get the fuck outta here with that.

Disregard ESPN, acquire quality starts from Liriano.

ESPN is making something out to be much bigger than it is. First, Joe Christensen writes about how Liriano could hypothetically be traded in the Star Tribune 2+ weeks ago, then ESPN grabs the story and spins it ridiculous just because the Yankees supposedly inquired about him. My guess is that ESPN got their shit from "inside sources" without naming anybody reputable, for instance GMs Cashman or Smith.

Smith was on the radio last week for an interview and pretty much shot down the possibility of Liriano getting traded any time soon. And why the fuck would NY drop Joba just like that when Mo Rivera is on his way out - they are grooming Joba to be a closer (or were).

Keep in mind, ESPN was behind the whole fuckbag documentary of where Lebron James was going to go. They'll do anything to stir the pot.

such a good feeling. Watching this game is as good as any slumpbuster I ever had.

Detroit could be good this year.

Victor Martinez, Austin Jackson, Miguel Cabrera, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen, Brendon Bosche, if hes on the same game he was at the start of last year. Unless our catching situation hasn't changed we really dont have anyone that wont contribute offence. Good pitching. Im excited.

yea man excited. I kno its preseason but when your second season rookies in order get a soloshot, a standup double and an RBI single you kno things could be sweet.

Disregard ESPN, acquire quality starts from Liriano.

ESPN is making something out to be much bigger than it is. First, Joe Christensen writes about how Liriano could hypothetically be traded in the Star Tribune 2+ weeks ago, then ESPN grabs the story and spins it ridiculous just because the Yankees supposedly inquired about him. My guess is that ESPN got their shit from "inside sources" without naming anybody reputable, for instance GMs Cashman or Smith.

Smith was on the radio last week for an interview and pretty much shot down the possibility of Liriano getting traded any time soon. And why the fuck would NY drop Joba just like that when Mo Rivera is on his way out - they are grooming Joba to be a closer (or were).

Keep in mind, ESPN was behind the whole fuckbag documentary of where Lebron James was going to go. They'll do anything to stir the pot.

i hear you i hate news media blowing shit up for a story especially in ny with the yankees. lee is ours all i read last year lol. and also chris carpenter will be a yankee at all star break. why? because the yankees said so lol but yeah joba is trash but the yankees killed him hurting his arm with the joba rules etc he said it himself losing velocity because of conditioning. they signed soriano to replace mo. joba right now is fighting for a spot on the major league roster.

Introducing Adam Jackson – SF Giants Superfan

"Like I said, I’d still be a fan if the Giants didn’t win the super bowl last year. I’ll be a fan of theirs for a very long time."

http://adam-jackson.net/blog/2011/03/05/introducing-adam-jackson-sf-giants-superfan/

adam-jackson.jpg

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

So, Ferris, how bout Hughes this Spring Training? Dude is killing it. We need him to get some more time at SS and first and he could make for an amazing utility man. I really hope he gets a roster spot. Fuck a Matt Tolbert. We also need Butera to step up his batting game. The prospect of him having to play any significant amount of time if/when Mauer is out scares me. Defensively he's good, but he's worse than an AL pitcher at the plate.