MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

Ferris,

i like mayberry better then brown, always did...

as far as making a move, i think rueben will hold out till near the start of the season or even into the season and possibly deal blanton, not sure whats going on yet.

but, we do have fransisco, and gload, as well as brown and mayberry...

outfield defense will definitely lack with the loss of werths arm and ibanez aging...

but, well just have to see what happens...

i wonder if werth new cliff was coming here for less, if he would have done the same...?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda hope the Twins try to trade Thome and/or Kubel. Make Delmon the new DH, try to pick up a faster outfielder and throw them in center and move Denard over to left. Casilla (and Tolbert being his replacement if he gets hurt) is definitely making me nervous in our middle infield. And obviously we need to get our pitching sorted out.

Twins got a lot of shit to figure out. Thankfully, we still have a long ways to go before the season starts.

I think we'd be kicking ourselves if we traded Kubel.

More than likely. My thought is that our outfield is slow as hell and we have too many players who could be DH. I'm just trying to think of how we could make it work better/get ourselves some more pitching prospects, as quite a few of our pitchers are prone to playing terribly for long streaks of games. Don't get me wrong though, I like Kubel and don't think there is any chance we're going to even consider trading him this year. Thome should definitely go though, but I don't really know who is going to want him.

Delmon is just too goddamn slow out there, but he was killing it at the plate this past season. And I definitely think our outfield would be stronger with Span in LF and someone faster in center. Who that someone would be, I have no idea. I guess we could always bounce around RF with Cuddy and Kubel and bounce DH with Kubel and Young. That would be more ideal in my opinion than Delmon in the field, assuming we could pick up someone quick with a good glove.

If our starting lineup can stay healthier this year, we could be in good shape, but we'll have to see how Nishioka does and if Casilla is ready to step it the fuck up. I'm definitely nervous across the board right now though, but as i said...we got a long ways to go.

Also, lets pray Joe Nathan comes back as good as ever.

Nishioka is in town right now.

I was thinking IF Morneau starts this season, he will definitely get days off and Cuddyer would fill in at 1B. Then again, we have Repko to play off the bench and fill in at RF. I could see Young batting DH if we faced a lefty starter, since Kubel can't lefties as well. But it all comes back to Repko.

Nathan says he's feeling great, so we'll see. We still have Capps, but I want to see Joe Nathan getting psyched out when getting the save.

When asked about a contract agreement with lefthanded reliever Dennys Reyes on the final day of the winter meetings last week, Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. would not comment.

The Phillies' policy is that no deal is done until the player has signed on the dotted line.

In Reyes' case, the team's caution proved prudent, because the deal did not get done.

"We were not able to finish it off," Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock said Friday.

The Phillies and Reyes had agreed at the winter meetings to a one-year deal worth $1.1 million, with a second-year option, that sent the veteran to the bullpen as a replacement for J.C. Romero.

"We just hit a snag and it didn't work out," said the pitcher's agent, Oscar Suarez. "He's going to be disappointed, but I really haven't had a chance to talk to him. He's on his way back to Mexico."

Reyes, 33, underwent a physical exam with the Phillies on Thursday. Proefrock was asked whether the pitcher failed the physical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rauch filled his roll well in minnesota. I wouldn't say he's amazing or anything, but he's a good pick up for Toronto, and yet another lost reliever for the twins, which is makng me increasingly nervous. We're gonna be hurting if Nathan doesn't come back full force/if our remainng pitchers don't get their shit together. I don't like the prospect of us banking on a bunch of starters who are notorious for being so inconsistant.

• Like 1

really not sure how im feeling about the big signings in tamps, and imma manny fan.

i just think that team is made up of such a solid T-E-A-M foundation with the right attitude and the perfect man for the job, and in my opinion easily the best "new" manager in the past lonnng while bringing in damon and ramirez just does not make any sense.

clearly its a knee jerk reaction by ownership to try n fill those empty fuckin seats down there.

i like everything that team stands for in the past few seasons and i think joe madden if he had the choice would never had even considered making these moves aswell as im willing to bet once it was made public he called every player on that roster and made them belive nothing will change. no player is bigger than another and every roll handed out equal to the next.

the problem is, that wont be the case.

i mean, if anyone in the media questions these moves how i did which im sure has already happened the organization could and will put the "we feel we needed veteran leadership, veteran post season expierience to push us over the edge" blah blah blah.

bullshit. your once younger players a few years back have blossomed into great players, who have more than enough playoff expierience to know what it takes. and in there case which may be even more important, what it doesnt.

sounds like alotta words coming from a literal continental kiddie corner away up here in canada. but i really like that teams ongoings and how they handle themselves outside of the limelight steady just winning games.

fuck those moves.

/rant end.

really not sure how im feeling about the big signings in tamps, and imma manny fan.

i just think that team is made up of such a solid T-E-A-M foundation with the right attitude and the perfect man for the job, and in my opinion easily the best "new" manager in the past lonnng while bringing in damon and ramirez just does not make any sense.

clearly its a knee jerk reaction by ownership to try n fill those empty fuckin seats down there.

i like everything that team stands for in the past few seasons and i think joe madden if he had the choice would never had even considered making these moves aswell as im willing to bet once it was made public he called every player on that roster and made them belive nothing will change. no player is bigger than another and every roll handed out equal to the next.

the problem is, that wont be the case.

i mean, if anyone in the media questions these moves how i did which im sure has already happened the organization could and will put the "we feel we needed veteran leadership, veteran post season expierience to push us over the edge" blah blah blah.

bullshit. your once younger players a few years back have blossomed into great players, who have more than enough playoff expierience to know what it takes. and in there case which may be even more important, what it doesnt.

sounds like alotta words coming from a literal continental kiddie corner away up here in canada. but i really like that teams ongoings and how they handle themselves outside of the limelight steady just winning games.

fuck those moves.

/rant end.

TB didn't have the payroll. I think they were destined to lose Crawford, so they maybe should have traded him. And I don't know why they let go Pena - he didn't even get a multiyear deal and he went to the Cubs /lol. But, that would be crazy since the Rays were in contention last season.

Don't worry, ya'll will still have David Price, Longoria, and Zobrist for awhile. I really think the Rays were banking on the new stadium getting built to generate more revenue. But, oh, lack of public support foiled that. Bummer.

newyorker and mets fan im hoping for a plus 500 season but im realistic. really looking forward to watching niese and ike davis mature and see what happens.

gonna be a good year baseball wise, got some trips planned to ballparks,. april 23 going to camden yanks vs orioles. going to try to hit fenway,philly,pittsburgh as well. who knows maybe more but thats my goal this year. those 4. east coast weekend things. get at me if youve travelled specifically for baseball let me know ideas, thoughts, whastever

as far as 2011 goes i know im going out on a limb here but im thinking boston and philly(as much as i dont want it to happen)lol:mad:

dont jump the gun yet there...

injuries determine outcomes, philly is getting old.

if u look up the amount of games, including playoffs that our starting lineup played together last season, you will find that number to be less then 15, thats out of 162 + playoffs, you cant win like that and we didn't...

i sense a bounce back year after the disgraceful exit in the nlcs, but u never know...

jimmy is playing for a contract and has been injured since 2008, this is a big year for his well being as well as his future here in philly, after howard looked at a called strike with a chance to keep the series alive at home with men on, i think he somewhat needs to prove himself, also on a personal level he's always been the dude thats great but not as good as pujos... so maybe this year he steps it up as far as his eye, because dont get me wrong he stepped up his defense last season... chase needs a bounce back year, after his injury and frankly DREADFUL/uncharacteristic defense in the nlcs he really has to come on straight. ibanez is old, and with a hole in right field already and what looks to be a platoon regimen i dunno if we can afford to let ibanez slip. the bullpen,if you remember the playoffs, held their own in a sense but at the same time cost us important games and leads. that aspect is even weaker and older as of right now in comparison to last year. so claim 4 aces all day, and im grateful for it, but in reality, oswalt is old, lee was injured last year, and holiday/hammels have been blessed with great health until now, how long can that 4 man rotation hold? thats why im glad to have blanton in the 5th slot for bench help... in reality i expect big things and anything less will be a failure, but u have to consider the possibilities as well. AS LONG AS WE GET A SHOT AT THE GIANTS IN THE PLAYOFFS, THATS ALL I WANT, TO ELIMINATE THEM... A WORLD SERIES IS JUST A BONUS.

can't wait for baseball!

"after howard looked at a called strike with a chance to keep the series alive at home with men on, i think he somewhat needs to prove himself, also on a personal level he's always been the dude thats great but not as good as pujos... so maybe this year he steps it up as far as his eye, because dont get me wrong he stepped up his defense last "

we had that with beltran still waiting for him to prove himself but i hate to burst your bubble howard will never be as good as puljols not even close. puljols is the besy hitter in the game period. probably one of the best ever. howard is a power guy typical .270 150ks along with it. still i wouldnt mind that out of my first baseman if he drives in 125. but step up to puljols level he doesnt have a ladder big enough.

^^ i dont think he's light years away from pujols like u have stated...

but i respect your opinion, also the 150k is what i meant by developing more of an eye,,,

beltran i think is just flat out unhappy in NY, i do like david wright alot.

your first move was getting rid of gerry manuel, talk about a clueless cancer, last year blew, we had no good competition coming outta queens as compared to years past were it went down to the wire...