12oz world travelers I need some advice

Illuminati

So I'm seriously considering leaving the states for an extended period of time rather then finding a new apartment to live in. I've been house hunting for over a month and thus far have found nothing that suits my needs since I need some decent size studio space ATM. So as I'm sitting here burning through money I'm considering just getting the fuck out of the country until I got work on the side of a mountain again.

So heres what I need a country that has a good exchange rate (usd) lenient drug laws/enforcement, beaches, sexy women I can impregnate and then leave, cheap accommodations and food. Bonuses are good music scene (hip hop and electronic) graffiti, ability for me to find work, and no visa requirement from if coming from the states.

I have about 3k+ and am looking at India, Thailand, Mexico since I got offered a spot to stay there. Im hoping to fly roundtrip for about $1k and be able to live comfortably (blitzed out of my mind on the beach fucking beautiful woman) for about 3 months since I got work over here again in April. So far Ive only visited Mexico, 49 of the us states, and southern Canada (does anyone ever visit northern Canada?) so this is maybe gonna be my first trip out of north America.

Any advice on cool spots and experiences you have had would be appreciated. I know a bunch of you travel so I figure this is as good a spot as any to ask.

Thanks 12oz

The illuminati

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

round trip for 1k?

its fucking 2 grand for me to catch a plane to the states. fuck.

$908 round trip to Thailand from January until April including taxes and fees India is going to be about $100 more expensive depending on where I fly and the 908 was the cheapest but yeah must flights for about a grand.

And no Tennessee is not where I want to spend the winter thanks for the advice though please feel free to play again and enjoy your consolation prize.

My suggestions:

Chile

Costa-Rica

Argentina

All 3 have great exchange rates, cheap beer, nice beaches and most importantly

that sweet sweet Latina booty. I would have put Brazil on the list but theres

been wars going here at the moment, so its a smart choice to go elsewhere.

Have fun!

My suggestions:

Chile

Costa-Rica

Argentina

All 3 have great exchange rates, cheap beer, nice beaches and most importantly

that sweet sweet Latina booty. I would have put Brazil on the list but theres

been wars going here at the moment, so its a smart choice to go elsewhere.

Have fun!

So brazil is actually not as cheap as it seems. I have looked into it and this french Canadian chick I know is going in january so I have an invite to go with her. One of the main problems with brazil is traveling between cities from what friends have said. Everything is fairly spread apart. Costa Rica is out since its pricey due to being a fairly big tourist destination.

Chile is actually a bit pricier when converting from american dollars then most people would think.

Argentina is the same thing, I could live down there for a couple months on the cheap but not as well as I could other places so thanks for the ideas but south/latin america is out unless its mexico and visiting someone down there to go party my ass off and paint.

Poland/Czech Republic/Slovakia

They don't have beaches but they pretty much fit the rest of your criteria. I've traveled a lot and I say with 100% sincerity that these countries, especially Poland, have the most gorgeous women on average than anywhere else I've been. Fact.

Whats the cost of living like in those spots? Have you been before? I'm converting from USD so if you're using another currency let me know what it is. How easy is it to survive over in those spots? I always got a hustle and am a performer so I figure I can always make a few extra bucks somehow. What are the spots to hit that I should look into. My big thing about going to europe is the conversion rate sucks, I would only get .75 on $1 right now.

Barcelona or Madrid

Take twice as much money and half as much stuff...no matter where you end up going.

Ok well give me some monies and I will give you some of the stuff that I wont bring with me

my boy just did more then 6 months in india.

DUDE has/had no job, went there just about totally broke. He said you can live off less then $5 a week.

PM if you want the flicker link and more details, trip was insane, from what i saw, and heard.

Yeah India sounds like it could be really dope to go hit up, and pm'd I am seriously looking into it as the spot to go visit plus I think I might be able to get up with this non-profit a friend used to work for over there. My big issue with India is I think I am never going to want to leave and am going to end up impregnating a bunch of Indian woman leading to conflicts which might not have the best resolutions..

Thanks for the info/advice people if I do end up making a trip expect lots of pictures eventually also postcards

Whats the cost of living like in those spots? Have you been before? I'm converting from USD so if you're using another currency let me know what it is. How easy is it to survive over in those spots? I always got a hustle and am a performer so I figure I can always make a few extra bucks somehow. What are the spots to hit that I should look into. My big thing about going to europe is the conversion rate sucks, I would only get .75 on $1 right now.

I believe Slovakia now use the Euro but Poland and the Czech Republic still use the Zloty (1 USD = 3 Zloty) and the Koruna (1 USD = 19 Koruna) respectively. I've been to both and the cost of living is cheap, a quick google search found rooms for rent for as little as $150-$200/month. Beer and food are ridiculously priced, beer worked out to around $1.50/pint and in Prague I twice went out to some seriously classy restaurants and got a full gourmet meal for about $12. If you just go to a supermarket you could stock up for a week's worth of supplies for probably $20. As I said earlier the girls in that part of the world are insanely hot, just walking down the street you're surrounded by gorgeous women. Both have pretty thriving graffiti scenes, there's a couple of threads in Brickslayers that could probably set you up with some people to show you around (as lame as it sounds, 12oz is a really good way to meet people in other countries). Fuck me I need to go back there....

funny people in here. I always go to south America (si yo hablo castillano) cause its way cheap. In Peru I went to a surf spot called chicama and stayed in a dirt road, one phone village for 8 bucks a night and bought crab off the fishermen for peanuts. As far as drugs, ya at the time I was partying and yes I did score but its shady. Be careful over seas/drugs

Your right about Brasil not being as cheap as everyone thinks it is. I been

here for almost 8 months and iv gone threw a gang of cash. If South America is abit pricey for you. I would take Reubens advice and go to Eastern Europe. Start drinking, Paint some transits, drink some more, fuck some girl with sexy accent, and do it all over again the next day.

Epic trip

my boy just did more then 6 months in india.

DUDE has/had no job, went there just about totally broke. He said you can live off less then $5 a week.

PM if you want the flicker link and more details, trip was insane, from what i saw, and heard.

toilet paper.

they dont has it.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

definitely be careful when trying to score drugs in other countries, particularly if you dont understand the language fully.

any situation can potentially get real fucked up real quick.

i posted a story on another thread about a time a friend and i almost got robbed by some doo doo head at a bar in mexico.

as well as many other times things have gone to shit, quick.

There are countries in south America that are DIRT cheap, PERU, BOLIVIA, COLOMBIA, VENEZUELA and so so cost wise in ARGENTINA. For about 30 bucks a day URUGUAY, Its summer time there right now and all the epic women from Argentina go there to get sun, off the chain.To cold in europe for my taste

I believe Slovakia now use the Euro but Poland and the Czech Republic still use the Zloty (1 USD = 3 Zloty) and the Koruna (1 USD = 19 Koruna) respectively. I've been to both and the cost of living is cheap, a quick google search found rooms for rent for as little as $150-$200/month. Beer and food are ridiculously priced, beer worked out to around $1.50/pint and in Prague I twice went out to some seriously classy restaurants and got a full gourmet meal for about $12. If you just go to a supermarket you could stock up for a week's worth of supplies for probably $20. As I said earlier the girls in that part of the world are insanely hot, just walking down the street you're surrounded by gorgeous women. Both have pretty thriving graffiti scenes, there's a couple of threads in Brickslayers that could probably set you up with some people to show you around (as lame as it sounds, 12oz is a really good way to meet people in other countries). Fuck me I need to go back there....

Yeah actually I know a bunch of people on here travel internationally that's why I started the thread since I figure most people here would be more likely to have some similar interests to me then randoms on other forums. I looked into czech and its actually not as cheap as I would have hoped. I would blow through 2k in about a month over there and am looking for somewhere cheaper to go though if I encounter a bunch more cash hell yeah i'd be about it.

Your right about Brasil not being as cheap as everyone thinks it is. I been

here for almost 8 months and iv gone threw a gang of cash. If South America is abit pricey for you. I would take Reubens advice and go to Eastern Europe. Start drinking, Paint some transits, drink some more, fuck some girl with sexy accent, and do it all over again the next day.

Epic trip

Honestly no matter what the trip is going to be epic, and yeah I have the chance to go to brazil with a hot french canadian chick in january.