Garfield's entire world was made up to cope with starving to death in an abandoned house.

Grasp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Garfield's entire world was made up to cope with starving to death in an abandoned hou

he's having a dream about waking up from a dream about being in a foreclosed home.

the economy is even getting to jim davis apparently.

The best part? these are from October 23, 1989... Before eviction was cool.

Re: Garfield's entire world was made up to cope with starving to death in an abandoned hou

#fuckin nerd shit

i loved garfield as a little kid and the library had all his books so i'd lie to my mom and tell her i was getting library books when i was getting comic books... i thought i was slick back then.

anyways.

jim davis wrote an explanation for this strip and a few more he did, the one posted is the first in a series. it was a weird dream sequence. i forget why exactly he did it.

here's the last strip in the series and davis' explanation.

garfield-19891028.gif

It was simply a week before Halloween and Jim wanted to do something legitimately scary, as opposed to Halloween-scary. "Ghosts aren't scary..." he told me before explaining that before writing the strips he went around to everyone he knew and asked them what truly scared them. The answer he got most often was "being alone" or "dying alone". Just that simple.

i loved garfield as a little kid and the library had all his books so i'd lie to my mom and tell her i was getting library books when i was getting comic books... i thought i was slick back then.

i still own my copy of his 17th book from when i was a kid.

i can still remember reading through the book all the way through and then trying to draw garfield from the book.

when i was young my uncle died. i never met him but we had to go interstate to his house and go through his shit. he had all those big books of calvin and hobbes and my dad said i could have them. i read them all before we made it home but because of the way i acquired them they always have a slightly sad memory.

ice cold fable, comrade

• Like 1

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - December 10, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click any Heineken Ad through out the site, once your are on the Heineken Holiday Capsule site find the link that reads Enter To Win.*** Fill out the page with your information and send a screen grab of the page that appears after submitting.*** This contest will not only get you a FREE MONTH OF VIP and the possibility of winning more prizes for entering to win.. It's that simple...

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - December 10, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS