Obama: TSA pat-downs frustrating but necessary . Fuck you, Mr. President

lord_casek

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40289750/ns/travel

LISBON, Portugal — President Barack Obama on Saturday acknowledged some travelers' "frustrations" with having to go through full-body pat-downs and scans at airports, but he said the enhanced security measures are necessary to keep America safe.

In response to a question at a press conference in Lisbon, where he was attending a NATO summit , the president said that the Transportation Security Administration has been "under enormous pressure" to find better ways to screen for explosives and other dangerous items ever since the attempted 2009 Christmas Day bombing of a U.S. airliner over Detroit. In that case, a passenger with links to an al-Qaida extremist group tried to set off plastic explosives concealed in his underwear.

"I understand people’s frustrations, and what I’ve said to the TSA is that you have to constantly refine and measure whether what we’re doing is the only way to assure the American people’s safety. And you also have to think through are there other ways of doing it that are less intrusive," Obama said.

LISBON, Portugal — President Barack Obama on Saturday acknowledged some travelers' "frustrations" with having to go through full-body pat-downs and scans at airports, but he said the enhanced security measures are necessary to keep America safe.

In response to a question at a press conference in Lisbon, where he was attending a NATO summit , the president said that the Transportation Security Administration has been "under enormous pressure" to find better ways to screen for explosives and other dangerous items ever since the attempted 2009 Christmas Day bombing of a U.S. airliner over Detroit. In that case, a passenger with links to an al-Qaida extremist group tried to set off plastic explosives concealed in his underwear.

"I understand people’s frustrations, and what I’ve said to the TSA is that you have to constantly refine and measure whether what we’re doing is the only way to assure the American people’s safety. And you also have to think through are there other ways of doing it that are less intrusive," Obama said.

Young boy strip searched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skkCpnCm7iM

TSA forces cancer survivor to show prosthetic breast

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40278427/ns/travel-news?ns=travel-news

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The backlash against such screening (groping or machine based) is interesting, because it is probably one of the more effective counter terrorism measures brought in since 9/11.

Is the perception there that the threat does not warrant this level of screening?

The backlash against such screening (groping or machine based) is interesting, because it is probably one of the more effective counter terrorism measures brought in since 9/11.

Is the perception there that the threat does not warrant this level of screening?

TSA has yet to catch a terrorist. Keep that in mind.

Kids, grannies, nuns, and hot chicks being molested doesn't sound like a solution. It sounds like a perversion.

Also, backscatter is for pervs and pedophiles.

the patriot act ruined my life, a book was written and it was called behold a pale horse, by william cooper in 91 it talked about alot of things that are happening now and the "funniest thing" which i say lightly was that it had said that around this time there will be a president that will at first grab all the peoples attention and the people will love him so much that he will be able to pass alot of "bad" stuff while they are blinded, which obama has done, and the best part is this book say that the president will most likely be of african american descent... in 91 mind u.... not racist just fucking pissed.

oh god. its amazing how many freedoms our country is willing to sacrifice for such a low threat level.

i mean really, what are the chances that your flight would be hijacked if these rediculous measures werent in place. pretty slim i suspect.

next flight im going on, im gonna give myself a boner and refuse the scan and opt for the pat down....just to inconvenience the fucks that work there.

the patriot act ruined my life, a book was written and it was called behold a pale horse, by william cooper in 91 it talked about alot of things that are happening now and the "funniest thing" which i say lightly was that it had said that around this time there will be a president that will at first grab all the peoples attention and the people will love him so much that he will be able to pass alot of "bad" stuff while they are blinded, which obama has done, and the best part is this book say that the president will most likely be of african american descent... in 91 mind u.... not racist just fucking pissed.

Bill Cooper is a very interesting guy, the book is great too. However I'm interested in hearing how the Patriot Act "ruined" your life.

I disagree with these machines, and will not get on a plane again until these machines have been removed.

The only way to fix this shit is for them to do what the Israelis do and have a competent professional interview every passenger.

This is the kind of bullshit only hiring a bunch of fucking deadbeats into dead end jobs produces, fucking "TSA" security is a joke.

Next time your at the airport look at these turds, mouth breathers that should never be put in charge of anyone.

All this bullshit their claiming "keeps us safe" is merely an escalation, a bureaucratic decision which is only reaction to the last attempt.

The fucked up part is every person in the position to fix this does not have to deal with the bullshit.

So thoughtless moronic shit like "no drinks are allowed now" "no nail clippers" or whatever is what's going on.

The next person might pack explosives in their vaj or ass to get them on board, not trying to be funny, dead serious.

So will we have random kiester checks, deep and thorough vaginal/anal exams with every flight?

do people get chosen at random for this or does it happen to everybody? i dont really see what the problem is though, if you went through the machine or got a pat down it would take like two minutes or so but if it stops a terrorist attack it would be worth it would it not? especially when it could be a member of your family killed just because you didnt want somebody to touch your balls

That's one way of looking at it,

another way to look at it is what good is being free when you have to get your balls/tits/and other goodies handled by a flunky

or repeatedly exposed to radiation, for some people on a regular basis, when there are better methods already proven to be effective.

but what would you prefer? someone grabbing your nuts or possibly another 9/11 or worse?

over here during the troubles you would have gotten checked going into pretty much every shop in belfast. getting patted down before you go on a plane is nothing compared to what it will be if theres another major terrorist attack. you americans should stop whining and count yourselves lucky that you only getting your balls touched

there should be two planes. one for people who actually want to arrive at their destination in one piece and they other one for people who dont want anybody to touch their balls

found this:

If you listen to the media they will have you believe that everyone who has flown anywhere is damn near being striped searched in a dark dank room with a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling in front of an audience.

The truth of the matter is very few people have to go through the pat down process, we cannot have it both ways either we want to be safe or we do not.

I am not saying the procedure should not be refined but frankly in order to get from point A to point B alive and safe it is a price we as Americans are just going to have to pay.