Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lord_casek

Obama: TSA pat-downs frustrating but necessary . Fuck you, Mr. President

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40289750/ns/travel

LISBON, Portugal — President Barack Obama on Saturday acknowledged some travelers' "frustrations" with having to go through full-body pat-downs and scans at airports, but he said the enhanced security measures are necessary to keep America safe.

In response to a question at a press conference in Lisbon, where he was attending a NATO summit , the president said that the Transportation Security Administration has been "under enormous pressure" to find better ways to screen for explosives and other dangerous items ever since the attempted 2009 Christmas Day bombing of a U.S. airliner over Detroit. In that case, a passenger with links to an al-Qaida extremist group tried to set off plastic explosives concealed in his underwear.

"I understand people’s frustrations, and what I’ve said to the TSA is that you have to constantly refine and measure whether what we’re doing is the only way to assure the American people’s safety. And you also have to think through are there other ways of doing it that are less intrusive," Obama said.

LISBON, Portugal — President Barack Obama on Saturday acknowledged some travelers' "frustrations" with having to go through full-body pat-downs and scans at airports, but he said the enhanced security measures are necessary to keep America safe.

In response to a question at a press conference in Lisbon, where he was attending a NATO summit , the president said that the Transportation Security Administration has been "under enormous pressure" to find better ways to screen for explosives and other dangerous items ever since the attempted 2009 Christmas Day bombing of a U.S. airliner over Detroit. In that case, a passenger with links to an al-Qaida extremist group tried to set off plastic explosives concealed in his underwear.

"I understand people’s frustrations, and what I’ve said to the TSA is that you have to constantly refine and measure whether what we’re doing is the only way to assure the American people’s safety. And you also have to think through are there other ways of doing it that are less intrusive," Obama said.

Young boy strip searched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skkCpnCm7iM

TSA forces cancer survivor to show prosthetic breast

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40278427/ns/travel-news?ns=travel-news

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

The backlash against such screening (groping or machine based) is interesting, because it is probably one of the more effective counter terrorism measures brought in since 9/11.

Is the perception there that the threat does not warrant this level of screening?

The backlash against such screening (groping or machine based) is interesting, because it is probably one of the more effective counter terrorism measures brought in since 9/11.

Is the perception there that the threat does not warrant this level of screening?

TSA has yet to catch a terrorist. Keep that in mind.

Kids, grannies, nuns, and hot chicks being molested doesn't sound like a solution. It sounds like a perversion.

Also, backscatter is for pervs and pedophiles.

Also, the events that put this measure in place started overseas. Shoe bomber was a Paris-Miami flight, underwear Amsterdam-Detroit.

TSA catches lighters, Swiss Army knives and cosmetic bottles.

the patriot act ruined my life, a book was written and it was called behold a pale horse, by william cooper in 91 it talked about alot of things that are happening now and the "funniest thing" which i say lightly was that it had said that around this time there will be a president that will at first grab all the peoples attention and the people will love him so much that he will be able to pass alot of "bad" stuff while they are blinded, which obama has done, and the best part is this book say that the president will most likely be of african american descent... in 91 mind u.... not racist just fucking pissed.

oh god. its amazing how many freedoms our country is willing to sacrifice for such a low threat level.

i mean really, what are the chances that your flight would be hijacked if these rediculous measures werent in place. pretty slim i suspect.

next flight im going on, im gonna give myself a boner and refuse the scan and opt for the pat down....just to inconvenience the fucks that work there.

i doubt many terrorists would carry a bomb in their underwear if they dont want to get caught. they would stick it up their ass or something instead

next theyll have us bending over for them

Besides the argument about our civil liberties and wahst not,this can pose a health risk it would seem also.if you are frequently going through these machines your body is taking in alot of unhealthy radiation.

You know... It's isn't like the security workers are "responsible" for these measures... So I'd say quit being an asshole showing off boners

the patriot act ruined my life, a book was written and it was called behold a pale horse, by william cooper in 91 it talked about alot of things that are happening now and the "funniest thing" which i say lightly was that it had said that around this time there will be a president that will at first grab all the peoples attention and the people will love him so much that he will be able to pass alot of "bad" stuff while they are blinded, which obama has done, and the best part is this book say that the president will most likely be of african american descent... in 91 mind u.... not racist just fucking pissed.

Bill Cooper is a very interesting guy, the book is great too. However I'm interested in hearing how the Patriot Act "ruined" your life.

I disagree with these machines, and will not get on a plane again until these machines have been removed.

You know... It's isn't like the security workers are "responsible" for these measures... So I'd say quit being an asshole showing off boners

Not true..... If they're working there they resist also, or......they can feel my boner.

Lol

Talk about living in a bubble.

No problem at all invading countries on the other side of the world but god forbid if someone is going to swipe my shaft with the back of their hand before I get on an airplane.

All of this TSA body scanning stuff has every person I know fired up. No one sees it as the answer to the problem, and it doesn't make anyone feel any safer, just violated.

The only way to fix this shit is for them to do what the Israelis do and have a competent professional interview every passenger.

This is the kind of bullshit only hiring a bunch of fucking deadbeats into dead end jobs produces, fucking "TSA" security is a joke.

Next time your at the airport look at these turds, mouth breathers that should never be put in charge of anyone.

All this bullshit their claiming "keeps us safe" is merely an escalation, a bureaucratic decision which is only reaction to the last attempt.

The fucked up part is every person in the position to fix this does not have to deal with the bullshit.

So thoughtless moronic shit like "no drinks are allowed now" "no nail clippers" or whatever is what's going on.

The next person might pack explosives in their vaj or ass to get them on board, not trying to be funny, dead serious.

So will we have random kiester checks, deep and thorough vaginal/anal exams with every flight?

they're*

but there are some very valid points in this thread, it's been a good read.

i'll come back with an opinion on the situation after i've flown with my

daughter for the first time over xmas.

The only way to fix this shit is for them to do what the Israelis do and have a competent professional interview every passenger.

pretty much.

it sucks that it has come down to this, but (and i hate to say this) we are living in a post 9/11 world.:(

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now