THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS REGULATING YOUR FOOD, YO!

50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression 50 acres was what normal people had to live on in the middle of nowhere? Aren't giant farms 100s upon 100s of acres?

I'm gonna be honest here, I have no real concept of how large an acre is

Boxcars is right, an acre isn't a huge space, but a few acres of corn or some other vegetable is quite a bit of food.

5 acres

http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Land-C-5-Acres-202-Ha-Grangecon-Hill-Grange-Con-Co-Wicklow/26080/

growing food, be it good quality or bad, is basically up to the integrity of the one tending it. get down to the basics of food production and you can produce a fair bit of food in quite small square footage. making it pretty easy to observe and control what is fed to your plants. if the bill at all limits the potential of small scale food production, be it for community farmers markets or just to feed yourself and neighbors for cheap or free i say fuck it! grow your own food. you'll know whats in it. or buy it as local as possible and actually mind the practices of the farming techniques being used.

Oy, cunts. Stafe ‘eah, donnit. So da ovva day, Jonesy wiz ringin’ me fockin’ oiPhone off da ‘ook, now wasn’ ‘e? Da trouble is, dem cunts ‘asn’t made da oiPhone’s touch screens very strong, now ‘as dey? So aftah da Stafe broke frough four or foive a da cunts, oy fought I moight just meet da cunt in person, innit. So den Jonesy rocks up, an ‘e’s loike, “Oy, Stafe, wot you fink about a fockin’ Snatch bah?”, innit.

People have been growing food for a long ass time. Some would say 1,000's of years. Prior to that, food fell from the great Liberal space ship piloted by Kanye West and Barrack Obama.

Snakeoilism...you mean "quackery". Dummy.

Bible belt has nothing to do with farming.

Eat a dick.

Our capitalist society where everybody goes to the grocery store (or farmers market) to buy food that was produced by who knows who and by who knows what means has not existed for 1000's of years you simple minded dolt.

You cannot have a system where people blindly buy food, without also regulating the means by which said food is made and sold.

FDA = Food Drug Administration.

Snake Oil = fake drugs that were pedaled to the public by people known as Snake Oil salesmen.

"Quackery" is a term that refers to fake doctors.

FDA does not cover the medical industry.

Therefore "Snakeoilism" was an accurate term.

You suck at this.

• Like 1

i get yuour point and i dont think they are going to be kicking down doors asking about your tomatoe patches but why allow it to be signed into legislation? if thats the case why do we need all this hype over legalizing marijuana? just grow and smoke if something written on paper is nothing to care about.right?

Because we live in a capitalist society where people buy their food from stores and farmers markets.

And in a capitalist society you cannot just let anybody sell anything to the public without regulation.

If you don't regulate the food people buy, then that opens the doors to poison and disease being pedaled to the public.

Because it's in every capitalists blood to cut corners to save a buck or two.

And if you don't prevent them from doing so, then they're going to do so.

its not just this...it clearly states that there will be no 'saving seeds' which how we have a lot of fruits and veggies now. farmers would have to plant, grow, harvest and destroy all seeds and buy new ones. it makes monsanto a hellof a lot of $$$$$$$$$.

Then why not just make your thread about that instead of throwing out this Fox news style scare tactic propaganda that the big black government is coming for your tomato gardens?

thr spinach was due to contaminated water run off.

wikipedia:

Cause of first outbreak

Spinach

The outbreak was traced to organic bagged fresh spinach—sold as conventional produce—grown on a 50-acre (200,000 m2) farm in San Benito County, California. Investigators with the Centers for Disease Control initially speculated that the dangerous strain of bacteria, E. coli O157:H7, originated from irrigation water contaminated with cattle feces[10] or from grazing deer.

giant, industrial farm...

OK, and if the government doesn't step in to make sure that that doesn't happen again, then who will?

You're trying to say that the government needs to butt out all together.

If that happens, then what do you think will happen in regards to the safety of the food that we buy?

Because common sense dictates that the quality and safety of our food will immediately go downhill in order to save more than a few bucks.

Like I said earlier, your heart is in the right place but your head is swinging in the wrong direction.