Gay arguing over an abandoned subway station

freakeenyc

Re: gay gallery shit in an abandoned subway station

they didn't diss all of them dunno why they skipped some.

coz they only dissed people they thought were artfags. which roughly translates to "they went over people they never heard of"

but it was the weakest half hearted diss ever, couple of silver hands over some pieces? NO NAMES? thats fucking wack. they could have gone down there and gone over them with a piece.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coz they only dissed people they thought were artfags. which roughly translates to "they went over people they never heard of"

but it was the weakest half hearted diss ever, couple of silver hands over some pieces? NO NAMES? thats fucking wack. they could have gone down there and gone over them with a piece.

sorry sorry this is what you wanted to see...

xpy0ko.jpg

• Like 2

The fact that they went to the Times is kind of corny. To me it makes is more like a braggish little brat. "Look at me! Look at me!" If they didn't tell anyone, and let it leak on it's own motivation, I'd have more respect.

Plus the article reads like Ron Howard doing Dead Prez on a karaoke machine.

^the only reason they went to the times is cuz they wanted to sell out whatever work they already had in other galleries. i can see it now, some art collector, "oh shit this guy is legit - he was written about in the times - this kid is hoooood!!"

however, having said all that, i watched the video on that nytimes link, is that an og Sane, or was it re-done by Smith? I couldn't tell cuz the video moved pretty fast, but if it was legit Sane that easily beats everything else out..

One of my friends made a stencil that took about 14 hrs to cut, came here to NY and painted it in there.

Before they could use the stencil again I lost it by leaning it on my old ride then forgetting and driving off.

CSBro

oh so you know faggots that are sik wit da knife and papaz? euroz too?

wow!

NOT Sane.

Smith, and he and Revok where the only credible worth while people on that roster.

and the reason it all may or may not have been dissed is because the place is like a maze, and its pitch black, no electricity and its not like one stretch of wall, its little caticomb areas all over the place. you could spend an hour walkin around and still miss things.

or so im told:rolleyes:

There is absolutely NO reason for this to have taken place. Street art can be street art all it wants but it crossed a line with the subterranean invasion... Writers, I'm fairly positive, have been the only ones interested in spaces like that and as such are the only ones who have ever done anything with them. This "show" is fucking stupid and I hope everyone involved is bummed out on being a part of something so counter productive... especially revok and smith.

• Like 1

One thought I just had though, Smith is an NYC original and definitely someone who has put in tunnel work. I would assume that by participating in this that it either had his stamp of approval, or he went along with it and then he or someone he knew dissed it after.

Also there's some great artwork in there.

And the anybody who says a writer has the right to go over someone's artwork just because they're not "one of us" is a faggot. Anybody who cares to argue about this with me is a triple faggot.

If i was to gripe about this thing like the rest of you it would be about the lack of production value. It seems like everybody went in there, dedicated a couple hours to one little thing then cut out. It's like a collection of small ideas when I want the big fucking picture.

5147082544_98b242fcfd.jpg

5146479899_d168cef38d.jpg

90% of people bitching about the lack of "street cred" or whatever have none themselves.

Doing sloppy bubble letters/shitty hands in your neighborhood for a year or two, or crossing out street art doesn't give you real street cred.

Workhorse is a good dude, he's helping other cats get some shine and making cool shit out of blank walls.

The fact that they went to the Times is kind of corny. To me it makes is more like a braggish little brat. "Look at me! Look at me!" If they didn't tell anyone, and let it leak on it's own motivation, I'd have more respect.

agreed

soup and lorem,

shush.

here in ny the hipster artfag has ruined the scene, so whereever you come from , your probably all excited to see the "rap spray art"

but here that shit is a wasted opportunity when here in nyc their are plenty of the right peopke who could have made that underground shit historic, instead it turned into an outta town herb fest, that got dissed by its "peers" out of lack of respect. period, if you cant make it in nyc go back to tennesee.

thats the hard truth, as shown in the photos you posted. No one will give a shit about this thing in a week except maybe you.

One thought I just had though, Smith is an NYC original and definitely someone who has put in tunnel work. I would assume that by participating in this that it either had his stamp of approval, or he went along with it and then he or someone he knew dissed it after.

are you kidding? it was prolly a scenerio where he was first and then all the herbs heard he was involved and they all ran to home depot to buy their supplies and wheat pastes.

they needed him , he didnt need them.

soup and lorem,

shush.

here in ny the hipster artfag has ruined the scene, so whereever you come from , your probably all excited to see the "rap spray art"

but here that shit is a wasted opportunity when here in nyc their are plenty of the right peopke who could have made that underground shit historic, instead it turned into an outta town herb fest, that got dissed by its "peers" out of lack of respect. period, if you cant make it in nyc go back to tennesee.

thats the hard truth, as shown in the photos you posted. No one will give a shit about this thing in a week except maybe you.

YouMad.jpg?1260647699

What scene did they ruin, the underground spots nobody gives a fuck about or even throws up hands scene?

Holding them up to some sort of graffiti code is ridiculous, they have nothing to do with graffiti.

it's like comparing apples & oranges, saying your scene sucks because of Street art is far fetched and just wrong.

Most of the people who have the skills from here are not going down there doing productions, probably too busy with legal walls or hating.

They have nothing to do with the army of toys nobody keeps in check here who cross out people constantly for cheap fame.

Blaming your scenes lack of shine on street art seems, I don't know how to say it right but you get my point.

BTW, never posted a photo in here, and I've never been to Tennessee.

And the only illegal shit I'm exited to see around here recently has been from very few writers and most of them are from out of town.

Substance nobody needs revok (or any other writer) to paint shit. No painter gives a fuck who revok is. You dont even give a fuck who revok is or you wouldn't be dissing Tennessee, which is probably because you didnt even know what graffiti was for the first half of this decade. And the way you rep NY makes you sound like you grew up in a nearby suburb drove to New York and hopped on the hipster-hate-train hella late.

No scene gives a fuck about you. Give it up.

Edit 1: oh and the photos i posted were of meggs and bigfoot--Not exactly writers/painters that need to ride on anybody's coattails.

Edit 2: Back to my original point tho: If you've seen any of these artist's body of work you know everything every artist did was small and half-assed. And I get the feeling that they were all payed to participate, albeit not a lot. And now the whole thing like i think Earl pointed out is a publicity circus like the commissioner of the works and the website is trying to make a buck off it. It could just be that those tunnels are humid and uncomfortable to work in, or it could just be that nobody cared enough about the project to play through it.

I want stockholm subway stations in America. Not little unconnected sketches on walls.

Substance nobody needs revok (or any other writer) to paint shit. No painter gives a fuck who revok is. You dont even give a fuck who revok is or you wouldn't be dissing Tennessee, which is probably because you didnt even know what graffiti was for the first half of this decade. And the way you rep NY makes you sound like you grew up in a nearby suburb drove to New York and hopped on the hipster-hate-train hella late.

No scene gives a fuck about you. Give it up.

Edit 1: oh and the photos i posted were of meggs and bigfoot--Not exactly writers/painters that need to ride on anybody's coattails.

Edit 2: Back to my original point tho: If you've seen any of these artist's body of work you know everything every artist did was small and half-assed. And I get the feeling that they were all payed to participate, albeit not a lot. And now the whole thing like i think Earl pointed out is a publicity circus like the commissioner of the works and the website is trying to make a buck off it. It could just be that those tunnels are humid and uncomfortable to work in, or it could just be that nobody cared enough about the project to play through it.

I want stockholm subway stations in America. Not little unconnected sketches on walls.

blah blah blah wall of text.

Here's another reality check for you to stick your head in the sand about, you on a GRAFFITI WEBISTE, so dont talk about they dont need revok or smith, cuz thats the only reason anyone is even wasting time talkin about this hipster fest.

i have no idea how or why u even know the names of the rest of those involved, other then you must be a hipster art fag. seriously.

trust me, the 2 seconds of promo they had on this is has already dried up and run its course.

I really dont care, other then to talk shit about how stupid it was. I have nothing invested so there sno umadness to have, I feel bad they probably got revok and smith to go first and then all these suckers ran to be on the coat tails and be "down"

this whole shit is like a watered down, step child idea of the revs pages, VERY watered down.

and seriously tho, UMAD, I could care less, I like pokin fun at hipsters like you.

for the record I STARTED writing graffiti in nyc in 1988, so fall back with the psych profile, your only makin yourself feel better out of ignorance.

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

• Like 1