Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MI:ONE M.P.C.

adding drawings to your blackbooks

I have some old Graff drawings that I would like to put inside my black book. For example paper drawings form graffiti artist that are on 8 1/2 X 11 paper and a few larger ones, I would like to no what I can use to either paste them glue them or tape them with double sided tape. What is the best thing to use with out damaging the drawings? Can anyone recommend a product out there that will not buckle the paper or bleed through over time? Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

MI:ONE

I would use a small amount of blu-tack or sticky tack

tape usually hardens up over time and will rip your shit up

sticky tack is made to stick things to surfaces but be easily removable

just get the white kind and not the actual blue stuff as the blue has a tendency to bleed through stuff

If you want to permanently adhere them to your BB ...get 3M Super 77 spray adhesive.

I would suggest looking around a craft store locally and finding the archival tape or glue....ask the people who work there.

Bro, just try out a bunch of spray adhesives and tape on a bunch of scrap papers and whatever comes out the best take a wack at it. Even if it doesn't look that clean, it's still in your book and it's still that sketch.

well thank you but some of theses drawings are rare and i dont want them to get damaged. thats why i asked here to see if anyone has used a method that works and is safe.

The Super77 spray adhesive is not re-positionable. If you're worried about getting it on their the first time, everytime, I would look for a spray adhesive that is re-positionable.

Scrapbooking shops might be able to help you out, they have many archival quality materials. Chat em up and see what they tell you.

my sketchbooks are like scrapbooks for all sorts of shit for me. if the paper is thin the spray adhesives could make it damp and actually be worse than some other methods. i usually just use a minimal amount of tape on all four corners. a sliver of tape. if you got some sweet rare drawings of something, perhaps you should just frame em, and really do em right.

Thin layer of wheat paste, and use a credit card to gently push the excess/air bubbles out. Or even better; get a can of spray adhesive, carefully and lightly coat the page (of your black book), wave like a fan to dry it for about 30 seconds and then squeegee that shit on like a decal

there is only one decent answer in this thread. i think people dont understand you are talking about the priceless drawings of graffiti legends from the 70's and early 80's. so they are suggesting stupid things that will DEFINITELY ruin the work.

you definitely need to use Archival quality materials. either Archival glue or tape or some other mount. I would personally look into "mounting corners". It is a good suggestion to go to a scrapbooking store or better yet a frame shop. someplace with a good rep, and dont take any advice from anyone under 30 years old when you get there.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now