2010 MIDTERMS GO VOTE!!!

the.crooked

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Van- I would like to see that replicated here in the US. I know Oregon is all mail in balloting. Would be interesting statistics to see the per capita voting numbers in that state versus in person balloting in other places, compared to trends in early voting or mail in balloting in those same states which offer in person voting.

As far as socialization versus cost and political efficacy, I see the government as an emergent property at this point. No, my vote does not have a 1 to 1 correlation between my political views and the effects I wish to see on the party, but I do believe it contributes to an overall system. Beyond that I think the socialization aspect of voting or discussing political views and trends is as equally important. To push voting on others is to create a value on political and civic awareness, this leads to not only involvement in local government but in local communities and the initiatives that exist within them.

Citizenry isn't solely the action of a political agent, it is the actions of a people within a community and how they interact with that community. Voting in local elections and particularly midterms have more of a localized effect than most other voting times.

So even from the economists stance, there are many intangible benefits which have to be factored into the cost benefit analysis of whether voting is "worth it." Do you want to be of a class that doesn't believe in civic action and duty? Do you want to display to yourself and others that you do have faith in a political unity or continuity within the nation you live? etc ad infinitum.

There was another good article on the loss of efficacy in voting in California, long and verbose mostly just bitching. And one commenter shot the whole thing down in 4 paragraphs. I'll see if I can find it.

• Like 1

I know the tea party is under the republican tent, but even some republicans think they're crazy. I also don't think they are the majority of the republican ballot. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm not, but either way I don't want them in office.

I also think Obama is going to have a hard time running in 2012, or at least winning. Too many pundits and media retards over hyping bullshit, as well as Obama not really coming through 100% on some of his campaign promises, make his re-election tough. I'd vote for him again, but it seems the general view is that he's fucking up.

I personally think he's holding shit down seeing the mess he walked into, but I'm just one opinion and opinions are like assholes, and this country is full of fucking assholes.

Two things.

1. An article on the statistics of people's intent to vote in the middle of a presidency before a midterm don't mean too much. Two years is a lot of time for views to change, as that article suggests from political perceptions when he was voted in.

2. Mitch McConnel? I thought you said people in the democratic party were talking about this. No where in there does it mention any party leaders on the left advocating a change in the 2012 ticket. You want to know what happens in 2012? Hillary goes on as VP, jus sayin. See that shit happen and you watch every independent woman's vote go right back to the democrats.

This is your normal, fox news argumentation you do. I remember once having a conversation with you through IM about it and you explicitly said to me "yeah it's a new argument style I've been trying" I mean cooonnnn.

Why do you hate freedom Casek? (note inherent irony)

I also think Obama is going to have a hard time running in 2012, or at least winning. Too many pundits and media retards over hyping bullshit, as well as Obama not really coming through 100% on some of his campaign promises, make his re-election tough. I'd vote for him again, but it seems the general view is that he's fucking up.

I personally think he's holding shit down seeing the mess he walked into, but I'm just one opinion and opinions are like assholes, and this country is full of fucking assholes.

i agree, considering the shit storm he walked into, he's weathering it pretty damn well. the people who criticize obama are the same idiots who praised bush. you can't fix stupid, they'll always have their opinions.

but really, what politician ever came through on even HALF of what they promised during elections? name one.

Two things.

1. An article on the statistics of people's intent to vote in the middle of a presidency before a midterm don't mean too much. Two years is a lot of time for views to change, as that article suggests from political perceptions when he was voted in.

2. Mitch McConnel? I thought you said people in the democratic party were talking about this. No where in there does it mention any party leaders on the left advocating a change in the 2012 ticket. You want to know what happens in 2012? Hillary goes on as VP, jus sayin. See that shit happen and you watch every independent woman's vote go right back to the democrats.

This is your normal, fox news argumentation you do. I remember once having a conversation with you through IM about it and you explicitly said to me "yeah it's a new argument style I've been trying" I mean cooonnnn.

Why do you hate freedom Casek? (note inherent irony)

That's just the first article I pulled up on google news. There have been a few in the past week or two. Also, several dems on television.

Hillary as VP....ugh. Fucking joke.

As for some conversation about an IM that happened years ago....I don't know. I like pulling that shit on people like you (yes racist...no, not really, I mean liberals) to get

you all heated.

Why do I hate freedom? Because it empowers the people. The people don't need any freedom. They need to be controlled like the fucking sheep they are. They need to buy healthcare because the gummint and Obama said so! God dammit! They need to pay more taxes because who the fuck else is gonna bail out those fucking banks and failed

corporations! Motherfuckers! Best be glad they're still allowed to watch tv and travel. Those

aren't rights! They are privileges, SON!

I just voted and I can't wait to tell my children about the RENT IS 2 DAMN HIGH party. I tried to grab a flick on my phone, but the light was shit and all the text got blurred.

If any other NEW YORK people go vote, try and grab a flick of that. I love this country. We have a party called "RENT IS 2 DAMN HIGH." I don't even care about the name, it's just the fact that they used a 2 instead of TOO. I hope next year someone runs under the "LMFAO at congress" party.