Nov 2nd.

MYFUCKINGDICK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America's biggest problem in the near future will be education.

You guys are not producing enough skilled and highly skilled labour to keep up with the likes of Germany, China etc.

Car manufacturing is the past, and governments should stop propping up an industry that is no longer feasible and competitive with foreign markets. But its hard to do this and get/stay elected.

Innovation is a cornerstone of capitalism. If you don't start innovating you're going to fall even further behind.

• Like 1

There's numerous ways to interpret that graphic....protectionist measures, government handouts, economic cycles, etc.

It is too simple minded to say under Bush jobs fell, under Obama they rose. That's how the politicians play it out and sell it. Even though their policies may have had nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

National Deficit:

wapoobamabudget1.jpg

Obama has proposed a budget that would:

* Increase spending by $1 trillion over the next decade;

* Include an additional $250 billion placeholder for another financial bailout;

* Likely lead to a 12 percent increase in discretionary spending;

* Permanently expand the federal government by nearly 3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) over pre-recession levels;

* Raise taxes on all Americans by $1.4 trillion over the next decade;

* Raise taxes for 3.2 million taxpayers by an average of $300,000 over the next decade;

* Call for a pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) law despite offering a budget that would violate it by $3.4 trillion;

* Assume a rosy economic scenario that few economists anticipate;

* Leave permanent deficits averaging $600 billion even after the economy recovers; and

* Double the publicly held national debt to over $15 trillion ($12.5 trillion after inflation)

January 1st, 2013 starts the largest tax increase in the history of the U.S.A. Get ready for it people, some people think it will help but only time will tell...

Additionally not sure how much those charts you are referring to really tell... The Unemployment rate is HIGHER than it ever was when Bush was in office. This is a fact! Maybe more jobs are being created under Obama, but the rate at which jobs are being lost is much higher than that which they are being created, thus higher unemployment levels.

The US unemployment rate has not fallen below 9.4 percent in the last 18 months. This is unprecedented. January 2009, the rate was 7.7%.

More on the taxes later on...

• Like 1

taxes = fixed recession.

i'm tired of niggas talking about cutting taxes. dems and republicans were both doing it during the 2008 election.

if people aren't gonna spend their money, you gotta circulate it for em. especially rich motherfuckers. robin hood they asses.

If you tax the fuck out of "the rich" (people who make over $100,000 a year are no considered rich, however, this is not the case), you will be fucking the country in the ass, no lube. These are the people who are spending money right now. Same people who give Joe Average a job. Same people who go to the movies, mall, etc. We tax them more and they stop spending, stop being able to employ as many people at their small business, etc.

If you tax the fuck out of "the rich" (people who make over $100,000 a year are no considered rich, however, this is not the case), you will be fucking the country in the ass, no lube. These are the people who are spending money right now. Same people who give Joe Average a job. Same people who go to the movies, mall, etc. We tax them more and they stop spending, stop being able to employ as many people at their small business, etc.

They are the small business owners, the people working two jobs struggling to get by, they people who buy cars and fuel our economy. Especially if you live in a state with high taxes as it is, $100,000 is nothing. Yeah it might make you rich in Louisiana, but come up to Massachusetts and it's a whole different ballgame.

Tax rates were much higher for the super-rich in the 1950's, as high as the 90% range. The 1950's was also during a large economic boom period and the greatest expansion of the American Middle Class in history. The gap between rich & poor was also at its lowest. Unemployment was as low as 2% at one point.

Today the tax-rate is at 35%. Expiring the Bush tax cuts for the top 2%, will bring them back to 39% - what they were under Clinton.

There is no evidence that tax cuts for the super-rich grows the economy. I don't think it's a coincidence that when taxes for the wealthiest 2% were higher, the economy was stronger and the Middle Class was larger.

Tax rates were much higher for the super-rich in the 1950's, as high as the 90% range. The 1950's was also during a large economic boom period and the greatest expansion of the American Middle Class in history. The gap between rich & poor was also at its lowest. Unemployment was as low as 2% at one point.

Today the tax-rate 35%. Expiring the Bush tax cuts for the top 2%, will bring them back to 39% - what they were under Clinton.

There is no evidence that tax cuts for the super-rich grows the economy. I don't think it's a coincidence that when taxes for the wealthiest 2% were higher, the economy was stronger and the Middle Class was larger.

This was also after a couple of wars and production was up, technological innovations were

coming out left and right, etc.

I see what you're saying but, why should someone who makes $40k a year pay a higher percentage than someone who makes $40 million a year?

It all comes down to one thing, rich people make the laws. . . so rich people make the laws benefit themselves. They can come up with as many bull shit, propaganda stories to justify it, but that's the gist of things.

Rich people don't spend, in fact the richest people I know are the cheapest fucks on the planet. People on welfare spend cause it's "free money" so they blow through it as fast as they can.

Middle class people spend cause they've been tricked by the rich into thinking that they are on the same level, so they run out and spend, spend, spend to try and keep up.

Rich people own the companies that sell that the dream of luxury and "the good life" to the middle class, and in turn they become even richer off of it.

It's all bull shit, don't spend you're life working so you can make someone else rich while trying to "look" rich. . . when you're nothing more than a middle class slob.

Bankers and big corporations make the laws. It's a sad fact that I've come to realize is the absolute truth. We are no longer a nation ruled by the people, for the people.

My neighbors. Poor and white. They think $100,000 is a lot of money and have often remarked on it. They get this glassy, glazed look in their eyes like it "would be great to win the lottery". A million dollars, fuggedaboudit. They'd have heart attacks at the sight of such money.

However, this is not rich. Not even close. Given, it is a lot of money, but it's not the same million dollars it was in 1970.

These are "the rich" who most Americans want to tax. These are the people who are currently spending the money, hiring people to work at their small businesses, etc.

People have this weirdness about them. They want to receive money without working for it

and hate those who work for it and make something for themselves. "Give us healthcare"

"Give us welfare" "Give us bus fare". Give us, give us, give us.

There is that saying that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. The greatest trick the ruling class ever pulled was convincing poor people that one day they would be rich to and should protect the interests of the very rich by not taxing them. It never ceases to amaze me when driving through rural areas where you know people are dirt fucking poor with signs in front of their doublewides protesting taxes and promoting republican candidates.

Trickle down economics does not work and I am taken aback that people take that shit serious. TAX THE RICH, it will not stop them from buying things.

It will make them move? Are you shitting me? We should protect the interest of people who make so much money that never working again and moving internationally to avoid paying taxes is a desirable option?

I do not recall any point in our history where the super rich moving to avoid taxes has had any noteworthy impact on our economy and do not believe that it is now or would under a reasonable progressive tax structure.

It will make them move? Are you shitting me? We should protect the interest of people who make so much money that never working again and moving internationally to avoid paying taxes is a desirable option?

I do not recall any point in our history where the super rich moving to avoid taxes has had any noteworthy impact on our economy and do not believe that it is now or would under a reasonable progressive tax structure.

Income_and_Tax_Shares_TPC_2010.jpg