2010 Midterm Elections Discussion

TheoHuxtable..

Who are you voting for? What outcomes are you hoping for? What do you think about all of these "Tea Party" candidates? Can Democrats prevent Republicans from taking the House? If they do, will we have a gridlocked government where nothing gets done? Californians, which propositions are you voting for/against?

Discuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It seems the line has been blended between "Ron Paul" Tea Partiers and the rest of the Tea Partiers. They're all the same to me.

I know the Tea Party was originally started by Ron Paul supporters back in like 2007 or 2008, and was centered more on Ron Paul's principles of going back to the gold standard, non-interventionist foreign policy, and States' rights. But now it's been hijacked by right-wing lunatics, racists, religious zealots, people that think Obama is a Joseph Stalin part 2, etc.

Here... voting for Barbara Boxer for Senate, Jerry Brown for Governor, Henry Waxman for Congressman (District 30), yes on Proposition 19 to legalize marijuana no more than 1 ounce.

I doubt Prop. 19 will pass though. I give it about a 35% chance of passing.

I voted republican (and libertarian) in my home state, which goes democrat without fail and has done so for decades. So it wouldn't have counted who i voted for.

That being said...

I think these elections will lead to gridlock as either the house or the senate (both?) go red.

It will be interesting to see how obama responds to it, too, being as he's spent 2 years being lanced by republicans across the country. I'm waiting to see what happens, but I predict not much will change.

There are a few of the opinion (including myself) that if it goes red today, that will all but assure re-election for Obama in 2012.

Also, Rand Paul can fucking blow me (just for you casek).

I voted straight blue down the line, green when there was only libertarian and republican, and Bill White over Rick Perry for governor, cus god knows Nosferatu is a much better politician than that closeted asshole Perry.

I voted for Senator Russ Feingold, the only one who voted against the Patriot Act. He also voted against NAFTA, GATT, CAFTA and the War in Iraq. Only one that was really important to me, I don't really keep up on attorney general, sherrif, reps and all that.

Medical Marijuana for seriously ill folks was on the ballot as well. :)

It seems the line has been blended between "Ron Paul" Tea Partiers and the rest of the Tea Partiers. They're all the same to me.

I know the Tea Party was originally started by Ron Paul supporters back in like 2007 or 2008, and was centered more on Ron Paul's principles of going back to the gold standard, non-interventionist foreign policy, and States' rights. But now it's been hijacked by right-wing lunatics, racists, religious zealots, people that think Obama is a Joseph Stalin part 2, etc.

So why are they all the same to you if you understand the difference?

i hope prop 19 passes, but i agree with you... i doubt it.

and i didn't vote... because i'm still cynical

i voted libertarian and green party on most of the judge seats.

and lets just say i voted against rick perry

woulda voted yes on 19, but i cant. legalize that shit, the rest of the states will follow suit... or at least challenge federal law.

and lol @ oklahoma... voting on whether or not the official state language should be English

So why are they all the same to you if you understand the difference?

i hope prop 19 passes, but i agree with you... i doubt it.

and i didn't vote... because i'm still cynical

It's all the same because the "Tea Party" as we know it today has been overtaken by the right-wing extremists & racists. Rand Paul is being supported not just by the "Ron Paul Tea Party", but the general Tea Party as a whole. It all gets blended together. So I think it'd be best that the Ron Paul Tea Party change their name to differentiate themselves, because they're just lumped in together with the Tea Party as a whole.

I sure am glad that the Republicans won today. Now we can send even more money to Israel, continue the War on Drugs, Overturn Roe v Wade, and bring back prayer in school! Hallelujah!

oh and dont forget censoring the internet and blocking sites that may distribute music or movies..

I sure am glad that the Republicans won today. Now we can send even more money to Israel, continue the War on Drugs, Overturn Roe v Wade, and bring back prayer in school! Hallelujah!

oh and dont forget censoring the internet and blocking sites that may distribute music or movies..

damn i really wanted the democrats to win. im starting to hate having all this extra money around. i would've liked to get taxed up the ass even more then i already do.

Do you honestly think it would be any different with Dems in power? They aren't going to magically stop sending money to Israel, stop the war on drugs, etc. It just doesn't work like that. I wish it did. I'd vote Democrat if I thought there were any chance of that happening.

Do you honestly think it would be any different with Dems in power? They aren't going to magically stop sending money to Israel, stop the war on drugs, etc. It just doesn't work like that. I wish it did. I'd vote Democrat if I thought there were any chance of that happening.

this absolutely true, and depressing since so many of my friends and family members keep counting on the democrats to really turn the country around - only to be continuously disappointed...